• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Yamcha and Tenshinhan gameplay trailer

I also call Mazinger Tranzor.

I'm not even American XD

But man it's hard not to use the old american name for characters and spacial attacks since they were drilled into me as a kid thanks to the dub and video games.

Damn the names Tranzor and Goldorak are major triggers for me.

Because purity or some BS like that. I notice they almost never seem to insist on using Kuririn but Tien is a big sticking point. Some people just hate the dub names because reasons.

Also just to make sure my basis are covered.

Flying Nimbus,Hercule,Special Beam Cannon, Spirit Bomb, Power Pole, Frieza, and Buu.

I miss anything?

I've been TRIGGERED

You are 100% correct, did you start watching DB with the Original DB show? This subtlety is usually lost to people that started with DBZ.

I started with Z actually, but Dragon Ball also aired on TV when I was a kid so I ended up watching both simultaneously and therefore got to see the "old" and the "new" with an unbiased opinion.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If I remember correctly, the big shift in presentation in DBZ was because they hired the Saint Seiya showrunners to handle the show.

Jezan

Because purity or some BS like that. I notice they almost never seem to insist on using Kuririn but Tien is a big sticking point. Some people just hate the dub names because reasons.

Flying Nimbus,Hercule,Special Beam Cannon, Spirit Bomb, Power Pole, Frieza, and Buu.

I miss anything?
Like two days ago, they were transmitting a DBZ ep (before the Buu arc) the one where when kid Trunks won the kids tournament}; his next opponent would be Mr. Satan, when The Announcer said that the stadium starts chanting "Satan!"

Thank you Mexican dub <3

Acrylic7

dbbumoN.png

Goku's hair is lookin DANK

Is this real? lol

Quebaz

I miss anything?

Krillin is just a different way to romazine Kuririn, you lose out the obvious chestnut pun but it's essentially the same thing.

You simply can't get Tien out of &#12486;&#12531;&#12471;&#12531;&#12495;&#12531; (Tenshinhan) nor does Tien preserve the fact that it's a chinese dish.

As for the other dub terms you listed, Buu's acceptable but since I use Oob I may as well use Boo to be consistent.

Frieza is legit wrong. It's freezer, with the last vowel shortened (&#12501;&#12522;&#12540;&#12470; Furiza instead of &#12501;&#12522;&#12540;&#12470;&#12540; Furizaa), thus Freeza.

Krillin is just a different way to romazine Kuririn, you lose out the obvious chestnut pun but it's essentially the same thing.

You simply can't get Tien out of &#12486;&#12531;&#12471;&#12531;&#12495;&#12531; (Tenshinhan) nor does Tien preserve the fact that it's a chinese dish.

As for the other dub terms you listed, Buu's acceptable but since I use Oob I may as well use Boo to be consistent.

Frieza is legit wrong. It's freezer, with the last vowel shortened (&#12501;&#12522;&#12540;&#12470; Furiza instead of &#12501;&#12522;&#12540;&#12470;&#12540; Furizaa), thus Freeza.

M. Bison is the dude in red.
The bears name is Teddie.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.
Joey Wheeler.
Zolo.

I miss anything?

Making a big deal of names one way or the other like you absolutely have to be consistent seems to be an English-speaking DB fanbase thing. I don't see it happening as much in other languages even when the names deviate from the Japanese version.

Then again US gaming/anime fandom in general seems to be about that "TOTALLY NOT A WEEB I SWEAR" harder than anyone else.

Balfour

Is this real? lol

The hair is modeled to be able to make the illusion of his hair from multiple angles. The number of spikes is also meant to be there so when he transforms, his hair is actually correct and not changing from a hair model with 5 big spikes to hair with a lot more. You can see this when he transforms and powers down. The spikes fall into place, but you don't see them when his hair sets down back to black. Because the illusion is being shown in a fixed angle and you won't notice them otherwise. The angle here, plus the wind effect is popping those hidden spikes up. There's not much they can do other than making solid hair models like Xenoverse so it stays the same always, but then it'll look weird for their fluid transformations. Goku's hair is an anomaly itself

Top Bottom