• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super English Dub Thread

Zubz

Banned
It definitely sucks that the dub is so far behind and also has to go through breaks every so often because of Adult Swim.

if it takes a week off, when it comes back at least give me two episodes and I'll be happy.

Hopefully they double-up on Super airings when they wrap up Kai/S3 of Rick & Morty. It'll stil take months, but the LatAm dub had the right idea to quintuple up until they're caught up. And I feel Toonami could spare a show or two to be up-to-date on one of the most popular anime out there, especially when it's the sequel to a show that made them a phenomenon in the 90's.

cntr

Banned
I'm currently following the Latin Spanish dub of DBS on Cartoon Network Latin America and I'm halfway through the Freezer saga (please no spoilers beyond this arch) and I'm flabbergasted by the quality of the animation so far. This is subpar. It doesn't even come close to DBZ from 25 years ago. What the hell happened? This screams lowest required effort and corners being cut all around. Does it get better?? Or will this new show look worse than it's almost 30 year old predecessor?
An anime normally requires 6 months of preproduction, sometimes up to a year. Toei gave its animators 2 months to prepare for Super.

So the production completely fell apart; we're talking episodes being finished hours before broadcast. Sometimes even entire segments of episodes being done by a single animator, veteran animators, but still. That's why they did the movie recap arcs in the first place, to stall for time until the production got together for the first original arc.

Super takes a while to recover from the production collapse, but it gets better; Frieza's arc is the lowest it gets. I'm watching the dub, but I've seen stuff from the later episodes, and it's almost movie quality stuff.

Hopefully they double-up on Super airings when they wrap up Kai/S3 of Rick & Morty. It'll stil take months, but the LatAm dub had the right idea to quintuple up until they're caught up. And I feel Toonami could spare a show or two to be up-to-date on one of the most popular anime out there, especially when it's the sequel to a show that made them a phenomenon in the 90's.
Maybe when Kai finishes, maybe, and if Toei allows them to. They'll probably save that slot for FLCL S2 and S3, though.

Crocodile

Huh I didn't realize there was a separate thread for the Super dub. I could ask why not use the Toonami thread but I guess there are good points having this stand alone too. Anyway the English dub is a delight and makes it super fun to rewatch these episodes in English <3

I'm currently following the Latin Spanish dub of DBS on Cartoon Network Latin America and I'm halfway through the Freezer saga (please no spoilers beyond this arch) and I'm flabbergasted by the quality of the animation so far. This is subpar. It doesn't even come close to DBZ from 25 years ago. What the hell happened? This screams lowest required effort and corners being cut all around. Does it get better?? Or will this new show look worse than it's almost 30 year old predecessor?

cntr already covered the main points but I want to jump in to say "look worse than it's almost 30 year old predecessor" isn't the right way to think about things. It's all about production and that doesn't automatically improve as time marches on. You're familiar with the anime movie Akira right? Or even classic Disney movies? Those are all decades old but still look AMAZING! They had some of the most talented animators of their day working on them and the time/money that being movie productions affords them. Similarly, the creme de la creme of material animated today will stand the test of time for years as well.The tools have changed (hello digital) but the same animation principles, many of the same animation techniques and the same production restraints (time, talent, etc.) remain and always will.

As an aside, OG Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z also had their fair share of jank as TV productions. But overall their productions were more solid than the start of Dragon Ball Super. That is the cause of the difference and there shouldn't be any expectation of "its 2017 why does it look this way?". Don' worry though - as already mentioned Super will keep getting better.

An anime normally requires 6 months of preproduction, sometimes up to a year. Toei gave its animators 2 months to prepare for Super.

So the production completely fell apart; we're talking episodes being finished hours before broadcast. Sometimes even entire segments of episodes being done by a single animator, veteran animators, but still. That's why they did the movie recap arcs in the first place, to stall for time until the production got together for the first original arc.

Super takes a while to recover from the production collapse, but it gets better; Frieza's arc is the lowest it gets. I'm watching the dub, but I've seen stuff from the later episodes, and it's almost movie quality stuff.
The hell? Why the rush and why Toei couldn't wait? This isn't some unknown IP with uncertain future, this is perhaps the biggest name in all of anime with an assured captive worldwide audience. Why they couldn't give their team the full 6 months to start properly?? It's not like they were in this super risky endeavor with unknown return on investement. This is Dragonball, for crying out loud, and these first episodes have been ROUGH!

For me the straw that broke the camel's back was when I saw Gohan at the start of the Freezer arch in normal clothes and the animators couldn't bother to draw his arms with any muscles. Yes I know Gohan is sorta out of shape but this is a series known for giving insane body builder frames to random no-name truck drivers, school friends, passerbys, etc in DBZ. Almost every male character was guilt like Iron in that series and now Gohan can't even be bothered to be drawn with muscles?

At least I'm happy to know it does get better because, man, am I disappointed until now. They could've at least reused some scenes or frames from the movies at least but they chose not to.

caliph95

The hell? Why the rush and why Toei couldn't wait? This isn't some unknown IP with uncertain future, this is perhaps the biggest name in all of anime with an assured captive worldwide audience. Why they couldn't give their team the full 6 months to start properly?? It's not like they were in this super risky endeavor with unknown return on investement. This is Dragonball, for crying out loud, and these first episodes have been ROUGH!

For me the straw that broke the camel's back was when I saw Gohan at the start of the Freezer arch in normal clothes and the animators couldn't bother to draw his arms with any muscles. Yes I know Gohan is sorta out of shape but this is a series known for giving insane body builder frames to even a no-name truck driver in DBZ.

At least I'm happy to know it does get better because, man, am I disappointed until now. They could've at least reused some scenes or frames from the movies at least but they chose not to.
I feel like the muscles thing is Toriyama since even the u6 fighters aren't huge muscles especially cabba and even the z fighters aren't as muscular as before. Gohan look wasn't that different from the movie as well plus there is the Whis and Beerus

Real Hero

For me the straw that broke the camel's back was when I saw Gohan at the start of the Freezer arch in normal clothes and the animators couldn't bother to draw his arms with any muscles. Yes I know Gohan is sorta out of shape but this is a series known for giving insane body builder frames to even a no-name truck driver in DBZ.

It cant have been very fun remaking movies that you know will look worse

cntr

Banned
In Japanese TV, it's really hard to regain a timeslot once you've lost it. They decided to make Super after the success of the movies, but Kai happened to be ending in a few months time, so...

Also, have you seen the shit Toei does with One Piece? The execs wouldn't give a damn about Dragon Ball being so big.

It cant have been very fun remaking movies that you know will look worse
I still want to know what was Toei's sudden rush that they couldn't wait 6 fucking months? There hadn't been any new DB series in 25 years and suddenly 6 months of prep work was too much? It was an assured success from the get go, so why rush it through and let these terrible looking episodes even happen in the first place?

In Japanese TV, it's really hard to regain a timeslot once you've lost it. They decided to make Super after the success of the movies, but Kai happened to be ending in a few months time, so...

Also, have you seen the shit Toei does with One Piece? The execs wouldn't give a damn about Dragon Ball being so big.
You've gotta be shitting me... this is Dragonball we're talking about! Wouldn't any tv Network move sky, land, and sea in order to accommodate a new DB series in their channel? Jesus.

And no I don't watch One Piece so I don't know what you're referring to.

cntr

Banned
It was an assured success from the get go, so why rush it through and let these terrible looking episodes even happen in the first place?
That's exactly why they do it. One Piece and Dragon Ball are big enough that Toei can be assured that people will watch them. So they cheap out with One Piece, and they threw Super's animators into the grinder.

And no I don't watch One Piece so I don't know what you're referring to.
One Piece has notoriously cheap animation, and terrible pacing. We're taking less than a chapter an episode pacing, and animation almost as bad as early Super, regularly.

And that's their adaptation of the most popular franchise in Japan.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You've gotta be shitting me... this is Dragonball we're talking about! Wouldn't any tv Network move sky, land, and sea in order to accommodate a new DB series in their channel? Jesus.
yeah, that seems dumb to me too

it's not like we're talking about some random new anime franchise, it's fucking Dragon Ball. Are networks really going to say no to that?

Everything I hear about the way the anime industry works sounds weird as fuck

NandoGip

That's exactly why they do it. One Piece and Dragon Ball are big enough that Toei can be assured that people will watch them. So they cheap out with One Piece, and they threw Super's animators into the grinder.

One Piece has notoriously cheap animation, and terrible pacing. We're taking less than a chapter an episode pacing, and animation almost as bad as early Super, regularly.

And that's their adaptation of the most popular franchise in Japan.

are you smoking crack

https://sakugabooru.com/data/976b5a286450ac10d4c9ca74886c996d.mp4

cheap animation? lol

cntr

Banned
yes? you've actually watched the show, right? they have good animation sometimes, but the rest of the time, it's shite.

and then there's the pacing, which is just, ugh.

cntr

Banned
I think that's from Amazon Lily.

One Piece's "decent" is still pretty bad. Especially for what's literally the biggest series in Japan, and especially next to the manga.

Lesson time.
Dragon Ball is owned by a combination of Toei, Shueisha, Bird Studio, Bandai and Fuji TV, all parties have a say. Early numbers for F and it's merchandise were really big and the production committee for the movie decided they wanted a new TV series to sell merch. Buu Kai was ending in July of that year so presumably it was decided that was when the new show would start, one problem, July was only a few months away. The earliest production material I can find is expression sheets for characters dated March 30th, 2015, which lines up pretty well with when the F merch started coming out. At best the series had 4 months (possibly only 3) from start of preproduction to airing, which is less than half of what a show should have. Keep in mind this isn't all Toei's fault, as mentioned above they aren't the sole controllers of the IP, Toei isn't dumb and most of their shows have pretty solid production schedules, it was most likely decided by the others that Super would start in July and Toei had to comply.

Toei doesn't cheap out on Super's animation, they actually spend a lot on the show. Episodes almost always have 2 or more animation supervisors, which is expensive, it's not uncommon to see assistant supervisors on episodes that aren't huge, they spend a lot on 2nd key animators and they take every key animator they can get. Super is probably Toei's most expensive show, the issues come down to the small amount of time the staff has to do their jobs as well as the fairly small core staff. Here's something many don't seem to know about the anime industry, outside of the more slave labor like studios, if an animator doesn't want to work on a project they won't, and this is especially true for freelancers. Super has traditionally be an unappealing project to work on due to the short deadlines caused by the show's production, so many animators just don't touch the show, or show up once and never come back, and this isn't even bringing up the huge shortage of animators in the industry right now. Money doesn't mean better animation.

Often times people say Super should just be given to a different studio, well that wouldn't fix the production issues the show faces and unless it was given to a studio that literally works their staff to death it probably wouldn't make any difference to the quality of the show. Fun fact about Toei animation, they are the only anime studio in Japan that has a union, they also pay animators based on salary instead of per cut of animation. Toei treats their staff well.
Also fun fact, the head of Toei's animator's union works on every single odd numbered episode of Super.

Another thing people say is that they should just put the show on a short hiatus to fix the problems. That'd be great, if they could do it. Super is making A LOT of money, I doubt Fuji TV or Bandai would be okay with the show going off air for 2-3 months, same goes for the sponsors. Ultimately it's up to Toei to fix Super's production on their own while the show is still running, which is no easy task.

I've spoken a lot about animation, but keep in mind that Super's production problems have been on all fronts, not just animation. Preproduction, planning, writing, storyboarding and post have all be traditionally rushed on Super. Whenever Super can reuse production materials they do, for instance most of the cast is using character design sheets from Battle of Gods and Resurrection F with a couple using their Z design sheets. Even things people wouldn't think about are recycled when they can, the interior design of Capsule Corp uses the design sheets from GT for example.

Super's production has been improving as it goes because they are able to do more preproduction with each arc, get scripts done earlier and they continue to grow the staff. The most recent arc is actually pretty consistent and we are seeing the staff grow fairly quickly. We somewhat recently learned that the scripts for episodes are given a normal 3 weeks to be written now and are written 4-6 months ahead of airing, which is pretty good on the upper side of that. On top of that animators have generally had more time to do their work thanks to there being more animators and animation supervisors generally have 8-10 weeks between their episodes as opposed to the old 5-7. Super still has a ways to go, but it's seen clear improvements to its production with every arc and that won't stop until things are totally normal. The work Toei has done and continues to do to fix Super's production is actually really impressive and the show's future looks pretty bright.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, listen to ArchedThunder, he knows what's going on.

...I should remember this stuff for the next time I have to talk about Super...

cntr

Banned
Pacing is still light years better than the Buu saga currently airing after it. Forgot how dang slow that arc was!
he means One Piece, lol

But yeah tbh, I don't like Buu after the Great Saiyaman and early tournament stuff. I skip Kai after Super and wait for Jojo, usually.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
he means One Piece, lol

But yeah tbh, I don't like Buu after the Great Saiyaman and early tournament stuff. I skip Kai after Super and wait for Jojo, usually.

The pacing in the Buu arc itself isn't actually too terrible - it's just that 95% of it is actually pointless. All the stuff involving Gohan and all the fusion stuff is completely irrelevant, and that's what most of the arc is actually about. You could literally throw 45 episodes worth of material in the garbage and it wouldn't make any difference in the overall story.

Moaradin

Lol if you think the Majin Buu stuff is poorly paced, then I got some bad news for you. The Super Buu portion is such a fucking drag, even in Kai.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I like the buu saga more than the cell saga personally. Goku vs vegeta 2 is one of my favorite fights, I love vegito way more than gogeta, and ssj3 is my second favorite transformation next to ssj1

Oh and goten is probably my second favorite character besides goku

I’m enjoying the dub of DBS, but for some reason I think Goku is a tad annoying and acting like he’s 5 years old in the show. He seemed to be a lot more mature in DBZ and I guess more heroic? Maybe it’s just me.

I'm enjoying the dub of DBS, but for some reason I think Goku is a tad annoying and acting like he's 5 years old in the show. He seemed to be a lot more mature in DBZ and I guess more heroic? Maybe it's just me.

It's intentional. Toriyama felt that Goku got portrayed as too heroic in the Z adaptation so they've gone far off the other end with Super. It honestly feels like an over-correction in my opinion.

cntr

Banned
Basically, Goku ended up more heroic than Toriyama intended in Z, and the anime made him even more heroic than that. In the dub especially, but in the sub too.

So he got corrected pretty hard in the other direction in Super, arguably too hard.

caliph95

I’m enjoying the dub of DBS, but for some reason I think Goku is a tad annoying and acting like he’s 5 years old in the show. He seemed to be a lot more mature in DBZ and I guess more heroic? Maybe it’s just me.
It's not you the dub for DBZ made Goku more heroic for the western audience and Z was serious compared to OG DB

Super is Toeiyama following more of the tone of OG DB and is Goku back to his original characterization

And like cntr said they arguably over corrected

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

Well he gets serious when he needs to but goku loves the thrill of the fight. So in a stress free situation like this tournament I don't expect him to act serious. When he faced frieza he got serious and mentioned it wasn't fun facing someone so evil.

cntr

Banned
I've always felt like that Z wasn't meant to be as serious as it ended up being. The Frieza arc is great, but without considering what came after, it felt like one of those "serious arcs in a comedy series", a là Gintama or so.

But when Android 19 and 20 got introduced, his editor didn't like them. And he didn't like 17 and 18 either. So Cell got introduced, and his arc more or less plays out as a copy of Frieza. And that ended up being super popular, so when Toriyama tried to get back to comedy with Teen Gohan, people complained and we got Buu instead, which also ended up being a Frieza/Cell repeat after a certain point.

It's a shame, since I've always liked comedic Dragon Ball more than serious Dragon Ball. Glad Super seems to be going back to that OG feel.

Branson

Funi Dub of Z is not a good barometer for how some of the characters and story beats are supposed to be. I'd go so far as to say that version of the show should be obsolete for anything but nostalgia at this point now that we have a cast and studio that knows how to portray the characters now, and a dub that can show their improved acting at this point.

I say that but see the
Goku Black
voice and wonder what happened lol.

cntr

Banned
Kai's pretty faithful. If that's too serious, that issue applies to the adaptation itself.

I say that but see the
Goku Black
1. mark yo spoilers yo

2. Basically, Sean got no instruction on who that character was, other than
"evil Goku"
. He's confirmed that the voice is going to be changed for actual Super.

The games are a terrible way to judge voices in general, because Xenoverse lines are all recorded out of context, and they get minimal information on what the context actually is. Champa, Vados, and Cabba, for example, all sound terrible in Xenoverse, but more than fine in Super itself.

caliph95

Funi Dub of Z is not a good barometer for how some of the characters and story beats are supposed to be. I'd go so far as to say that version of the show should be obsolete for anything but nostalgia at this point now that we have a cast and studio that knows how to portray the characters now, and a dub that can show their improved acting at this point.

I say that but see the
Goku Black
Spoilers tag please this is supposed to be for the super dub

Dragonball was at its funniest when its cast of "Always Sunny"-esque assholes continually lied to and manipulated each other to get what they wanted, only to eventually get screwed over by karma.

GT and Super haven't really tapped into that. Hell, the lack of that dynamic is arguably what crippled GT, which was trying to be Dragonball but with much weaker character dynamics.

Branson

Spoilers tag please this is supposed to be for the super dub

My bad. Forget some people wait for the dub lol. Which is fine, Im excited about it too but they have been dubbed in the games so it slipped. Need to be more careful about that in this thread.

Kai's pretty faithful. If that's too serious, that issue applies to the adaptation itself.

1. mark yo spoilers yo

2. Basically, Sean got no instruction on who that character was, other than
"evil Goku"
. He's confirmed that the voice is going to be changed for actual Super.

The games are a terrible way to judge voices in general, because Xenoverse lines are all recorded out of context, and they get minimal information on what the context actually is. Champa, Vados, and Cabba, for example, all sound terrible in Xenoverse, but more than fine in Super itself.

That makes more sense as to what happened. Im curious now.

Also damn, sorry guys. They have been in the games with the Super characters so I thought it was pretty common knowledge for fans of the series.

I hope this thread turns out better than the main Super thread, tbh. They spend way too much time arguing over power levels and freaking out about Xenoverse voices, or whatever.

(Seriously, power levels!)

Give it a little time, we aren't quite there yet.

caliph95

My bad. Forget some people wait for the dub lol. Which is fine, Im excited about it too but they have been dubbed in the games so it slipped. Need to be more careful about that in this thread.

That makes more sense as to what happened. Im curious now.

Also damn, sorry guys. They have been in the games with the Super characters so I thought it was pretty common knowledge for fans of the series.
Eh better to be safe than sorry since it's not a guarantee people played the xenoverse games
I hope this thread turns out better than the main Super thread, tbh. They spend way too much time arguing over power levels and freaking out about Xenoverse voices, or whatever.

Power levels are bullshit

VariantX

That aint every episode. Thats like the quality you might get every 1 out of 10 episodes. I like OP, but I really wish the series could go off the air for 6-8 months so the quality of the animation stays consistent and the pacing isnt fucking destroyed simply because they're literally always stalling for time so they dont get ahead of Oda. I mean if the filler episodes were all as good as G8...I'd clearly be singing another tune right about now. To be fair, I did enjoy the filler episodes detailing what the straw hats were doing during the timeskip, especially how visually striking Robin's episode was.

Branson

We should probably tone down the spoiler talk, but here's the interview where he talks about it.

Awesome thanks.

About the dub though, has it been reasonably well acted and pretty accurate up to this point? Im waiting for the Blu-Ray seasons so I can get the show in a nice format but have they continued their Quality they started with Kai/movies for Super?

The clips I have seen have been well acted, but they changed some things like calling Beerus a Destroyer instead of God and it bugged me a bit.

cntr

Banned
Super is one of Funimation's best dubs yet. Like, top 5.

it even made Battle of Gods and Resurrection F tolerable!

The clips I have seen have been well acted, but they changed some things like calling Beerus a Destroyer instead of God and it bugged me a bit.
That's actually a sub issue, because they always call him and Champa a 'hakaishin', "destruction god" in the Japanese audio. The subs changed that to plain "god" because it'd get tedious in English, but the dub gets it right as "Destroyer".

The dub corrects a lot of sub issues like that, heh.

It's intentional. Toriyama felt that Goku got portrayed as too heroic in the Z adaptation so they've gone far off the other end with Super. It honestly feels like an over-correction in my opinion.

Basically, Goku ended up more heroic than Toriyama intended in Z, and the anime made him even more heroic than that. In the dub especially, but in the sub too.

So he got corrected pretty hard in the other direction in Super, arguably too hard.

It's not you the dub for DBZ made Goku more heroic for the western audience and Z was serious compared to OG DB

Super is Toeiyama following more of the tone of OG DB and is Goku back to his original characterization

And like cntr said they arguably over corrected

Well he gets serious when he needs to but goku loves the thrill of the fight. So in a stress free situation like this tournament I don't expect him to act serious. When he faced frieza he got serious and mentioned it wasn't fun facing someone so evil.

I say that but see the
Goku Black

Had no idea that it was intentional to put Goku back to his DB self but that makes total sense now. I just prefer Goku when he's more serious but has a lighthearted/fun nature (like DBZ did) but now that I see why, I understand.

Hell, I'm just happy we got most of the original DBZ cast back for DBS!

So it is probably a little weird watching Super and continually being told the visuals get better, so I thought I'd whip up a spoiler-free guide to the improvements as well as the preaks and valleys the show has that don't represent the overall quality of the show after that episode.
This is all as of episode 106.

Arc 3
Currently Super's English dub is in the 3rd arc which you can probably all tell is an improvement over the 2nd arc. The most recent episode that has aired is #32.

• Valley - #33. Yep the first episode of the tournament is a big drop in quality, but it gets better after that, so don't worry.

The arc ends at 41 and then 42-46 are some inbetween episodes.

• Peak - #44. No really noteworthy animation, but what is there is done really well and the art is very consistent and on top of that the direction is really good.
  • Valley - #45. Yep, a valley right after a peak, this episode is pretty ugly.

Arc 4
The 4th arc sees a nice improvement over the previous ones, art can still be pretty inconsistent, but the quality of the animation and direction sees a nice bump and this is the arc where animation god Naotoshi starts to do some animation for the series. This arc runs from episode 47 to 67. It may seem like there are quite a few valleys compared to arc 3, but keep in mind that those valleys are still better than the ones that came before and of course there are way more peaks as well.

• Peak - #56. Another episode that isn't a peak because of animation, but because of the art and direction.
  • Peak - #57. This is kind of the reverse of 56, the art isn't bad, but it isn't the most consistent thing in the world, but this episode is packed to the gills with tons of action animation and sees Naotoshi Shida's debut on the series as an animator, proving some awesome stuff.
  • Valley - First half of #62. The first half of this episode is a pretty big step down from what you will come to expect from this arc, but at least the second half is totally passable.
  • Valley - #64. This isn't the worst thing in the world, but the art is fairly inconsistent and there is very little animation, outside of a little but of nice action at the start this episode relies mostly on stills the pretend that there is action going on. I wasn't sure if I'd add this one, the episodes that surround it kinda make it seem like it's worse than it is, but it's still not very good so I decided to include it.
  • Peak - #66. Some consider this one of the best looking episodes in the franchise, this is an over the top action filled episode with some pretty solid art throughout. This is the second episode that Shida animates on, providing around a minute of big action.
  • Valley - The first half of 67. Sadly 66's bombastic animation is followed up by the wet fart that is 67's first half, luckily the episode really pulls itself together for the second half providing some nice art.

After this point there was a pretty sizable gap between arcs, episodes 68-76. I have a hard time rating these since they were pretty conservative on the whole and the staff was gearing up for the next arc, which is a big one. I'll just say that I do expect there to be some complaints on the second half of 72 and 76 is similar to 64 in that it has very little animation despite there being action.

Arc 5
This is the current arc of the show and it's a long one, it started on episode #77 and still hasn't ended yet. This arc saw the most significant improvement to the show's visuals. While many episodes still have ugly moments, they are generally tiny parts of episodes that overall have pretty consistent art and on top of that the animation itself generally achieves what it's trying to do far more often.
Honestly at this point I have are hard time picking out episodes that I would consider peaks and valleys since the show has gotten so consistent. There are still episodes that are better or worse than others, but the gap between the best and the worst looking episodes is honestly not that huge for the most part. On top of the art and animation getting more consistent this arc also introduces a suite of post production additions, including some post lighting, color filtering and a filter that gives more variance to the thickness of line art.
As I mentioned in my previous post the show still has a ways to go before it's totally normal, but as of the current arc in the Japanese broadcast they are doing a good job of tricking people into think it's normal on a fairly regular basis.

I hope this is useful to some of you.

Branson

Super is one of Funimation's best dubs yet. Like, top 5.

it even made Battle of Gods and Resurrection F tolerable!

That's actually a sub issue, because they always call him and Champa a 'hakaishin', "destruction god" in the Japanese audio. The subs changed that to plain "god" because it'd get tedious in English, but the dub gets it right as "Destroyer".

The dub corrects a lot of sub issues like that, heh.

OH really? Thats pretty cool then. It actually sounded cool but the accuracy of it didnt seem right so I was conflicted lol. I know things dont translate 1 to 1 on a lot of things but it seems like they made a good choice going with that.

Top Bottom