• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

17 is the most likely character to catch up to Goku, not counting saiyans. Maybe Piccolo with his potential Namekian God power, or Buu's potential could argue that, but 17 is more likely to get to that level than any human, and I'd argue more likely than Piccolo as well.

I wonder if fighting creatures from other planets is a norm for 17, or if this is one of his first times.

17 is the most likely character to catch up to Goku, not counting saiyans. Maybe Piccolo with his potential Namekian God power, or Buu's potential could argue that, but 17 is more likely to get to that level than any human, and I'd argue more likely than Piccolo as well.

I wonder if fighting creatures from other planets is a norm for 17, or if this is one of his first times.
You were about to get a 250 word rant until I reread the bolded lmao

So is it more likely that Zamasu decided to steal Goku's body because of:

A) He's the strongest mortal being he ever witnessed
B) Goku can tap into God Ki and thus he knew that stealing Goku's body would be particularly fruitful for a Kai (in training)

Y'all nd these ratings...everything dropped But something else dropped bigger!

The point is that pretty much everything dropped, which means fewer people in total were watching anime that day, so something else was probably going on. Dragon Ball Super is One Piece's lead in show, so Super dropping less than One Piece means it did better at holding on to people during what ever was going on.

Sanji killed the ratings.
Wait a min.. did u start one piece finally 🙏

The point is that pretty much everything dropped, which means fewer people in total were watching anime that day, so something else was probably going on. Dragon Ball Super is One Piece's lead in show, so Super dropping less than One Piece means it did better at holding on to people during what ever was going on.
One piece could be on filler and it would still would be in an underserved place I don't see why ppl pay them any mind there's been plenty of times a Dbs episode should've been higher but never topped it

Slaythe

I mean, last year in the same period :

One Piece 9.0%

DBS 7.1%

This year :

One Piece 5.9%

DBS 5.0%

So this has nothing to do with DBS, I guess it's just a bad period as a whole for Toei.

17, without ever training, was stronger than all of them. Trunks and Cell time traveled, changing the course of history.

Recently, we've seen that Frieza was able to match SSB easily. Frieza was a lot weaker than 17. 17 has been off the show and training on his own for 13 years.

What makes you think he can't get up there ?

I mean, he was already stronger than Frieza and the regular Super Saiyans. Without training. Why is it impossible that he can match Golden Frieza and SSB ?

It's not impossible, they just didn't provide a good reason. There was zero substance to why he got as strong as he did. I'm okay with it because I don't take Super seriously, but in an ideal world there would've been a build up to him getting so strong. Wildlife preservation doesn't really cut it.

I mean, last year in the same period :

One Piece 9.0%

DBS 7.1%

This year :

One Piece 5.9%

DBS 5.0%

So this has nothing to do with DBS, I guess it's just a bad period as a whole for Toei.
This tells me Japans tastes are terrible. Dbs has shat on anything released last year this year. And one piece was on dressrosa the longest most divided arc ever where half of the crew weren't even there

Cimarron

Exactly. I haven't heard not a single argument that made any sense about a gentically engineered saiyan buster couldn't keep pace with a saiyans potential.

Slaythe

It's not impossible, they just didn't provide a good reason. There was zero substance to why he got as strong as he did. I'm okay with it because I don't take Super seriously, but in an ideal world there would've been a build up to him getting so strong. Wildlife preservation doesn't really cut it.

Oh I agree they didn't do a good job "selling it", but of all people, 17 was perfectly fit to match SSB. It's all I'm saying. People are acting like 17 was some Yamcha tier character.

This tells me Japans tastes are terrible. Dbs has shat on anything released last year this year. And one piece was on dressrosa the longest most divided arc ever where half of the crew weren't even there

The ratings for this arc have been extremely low by comparison. One Piece sometimes manages to pull in high numbers, but on average, it seems to be heading towards an inevitable slop.

The difference between One Piece and DBS is shorter each year. Sadly it's not because DBS does better but because One Piece does worse.

Still, they're both far ahead from any other "shonen".

Oh I agree they didn't do a good job "selling it", but of all people, 17 was perfectly fit to match SSB. It's all I'm saying. People are acting like 17 was some Yamcha tier character.

The ratings for this arc have been extremely low by comparison. One Piece sometimes manages to pull in high numbers, but on average, it seems to be heading towards an inevitable slop.

The difference between One Piece and DBS is shorter each year. Sadly it's not because DBS does better but because One Piece does worse.

Still, they're both far ahead from any other "shonen".
They'll both be fine at the end of the day both do big numbers and as you said far ahead of other shonen. Where's Mha rank

Baleoce

Yeah nobody minds characters being relevant and challenging the Saiyans in raw power, in fact most people want that, as it's healthier for the show. But as always, you have to provide context for these things as it makes it more enjoyable for the viewer. And it gets to the heart of what the show is.

Hero

17, without ever training, was stronger than all of them. Trunks and Cell time traveled, changing the course of history.

Recently, we've seen that Frieza was able to match SSB easily. Frieza was a lot weaker than 17. 17 has been off the show and training on his own for 13 years.

What makes you think he can't get up there ?

I mean, he was already stronger than Frieza and the regular Super Saiyans. Without training. Why is it impossible that he can match Golden Frieza and SSB ?

My interpretation of the androids in the DBZ universe were that they couldn't train/power-up. That may be wrong, but that was how I felt. Not to mention if they were that capable then why would Gero even bother with Cell?

They'll both be fine at the end of the day both do big numbers and as you said far ahead of other shonen. Where's Mha rank

The most important part is that they are bringing in dat merch money. Dragon Ball has seen insane growth over the past few years in that and One Piece has balanced out a a high point if I remember correctly.
DVR ratings aren't released anymore for some reason, but both would have great DVR rankings when they were, a lot of people just record shows and watch them when they want.
I also wonder if One Piece and Dragon Ball are on an streaming services in Japan.

Cimarron

My interpretation of the androids in the DBZ universe were that they couldn't train/power-up. That may be wrong, but that was how I felt. Not to mention if they were that capable then why would Gero even bother with Cell?

He really hated Goku. He left nothing to chance.

The most important part is that they are bringing in dat merch money. Dragon Ball has seen insane growth over the past few years in that and One Piece has balanced out a a high point if I remember correctly.
DVR ratings aren't released anymore for some reason, but both would have great DVR rankings when they were, a lot of people just record shows and watch them when they want.
I also wonder if One Piece and Dragon Ball are on an streaming services in Japan.
Plus on top of that the one thing one piece will never unfortunately have that db has an abundance of is worldwide support. One piece mainly has Japan to carry it while db has the world mighty impressive even after all these years. Love both tho they should do another collab soon with how much he happened between the two since the last

Slaythe

The author literally said they could train and get more powerful, because their enhancements are organic and not mechanical. So your assumption was wrong.

As for Cell, do I have to remind you Gero considered 17 and 18 to be failures because he couldn't control them.
Don't forget it's also his computer that ended up making Cell.

Also this is dumb. Cell's power was relative to 17's.

Perfect Cell is shit because 17 was shit. Simple. If Cell absorbed the current 17, he'd even more powerful.

Remember Cell was a lot weaker than 17 and had to absorb millions of people to surpass him anyway.

Not only that, but most people think that these are "sunday's ratings" and not "whole week's ratings".

When both One Piece and DBS have shit ratings with a very slow difference between the two (0.9); you can 100% it was a slower sunday.

Plus on top of that the one thing one piece will never unfortunately have that db has an abundance of is worldwide support. One piece mainly has Japan to carry it while db has the world mighty impressive even after all these years. Love both tho they should do another collab soon with how much he happened between the two since the last

I want them to wait on Super to age up some characters before doing another cross over.

Also I started One Piece, I'm on episode 47.

Revenge is a great motivator.

Frieza trained in tough conditions with the motivation to kill Goku and found a new transformation. Frieza got ridiculously strong, but it was at a major cost.

17 may have trained for a long time, but it still seems off.

Regardless, SSB is the primary transformation now for 4 arcs now. We are due for a new level.

I just really dislike character development that comes out of left field. If there was anything that provided some foreshadowing, it would have been kinda cool.

Frieza trained in tough conditions with the motivation to kill Goku and found a new transformation. Frieza got ridiculously strong, but it was at a major cost.

Regardless, SSB is the primary transformation now for 4 arcs now. We are due for a new level.

I just really dislike character development that comes out of left field. If there was anything that provided some foreshadowing, it would have been kinda cool.

17 was proud of his power in the androids arc and then was humiliated by Cell, him wanting to get stronger over these 13 years seems like pretty normal character development to me.

Slaythe

17 often said he was the ultimate being.

You all thought he was cocky, but turns out it was foreshadowing :p .

Skeeter49

They were designed with the potential to get stronger, Gero saw the flaws in 17 after he was created, which is why he put limits on 18, but it's not like he was going to spend more time redesigning 17. When he thought 17 would never betray him, he did intend for 17 to get stronger, that was probably the main reason he worked on humans.

With Cell, the androids were viewed as disobedient, and Cell was viewed as a creation that would never disobey Gero's legacy. And theoretically, if the androids get stronger, Cell should get stronger.

I got a question.
When 17 was brought back on the dragonballs, wanst he brought back where he was killed, in the otherworld where cell exploded?

caliph95

Super Golden Cell Blue when?????
4875241-2708927494-5js8b.jpg

Zolo

Super's rating for last week dropped to 5.0% (episode 86). Episode 85, for comparison was at 5.9. That said, One Piece saw a drop last week too so...

Damn. That's why you show more Krillin. Dude's episode had third-highest ratings.

Ratings are usually pretty random unless it's special like the first episode or start of Future Trunks arc. At best, I guess it could be seen as #17 not really having a lot of power to draw in more people to watch than normal.

HeroR

17 was a mistake.

Yeah, he took everyone's ratings with his appearance :p

You know, 17's jump in power was kind of baffling to me, until Seth pointed out that 17 could have literally trained the entire decade literally without stopping because of his endless energy. So, his power jump, while big, isn't the worse in the series. I still put Goku's power jumped in the Namek/Frieza Saga over him along with Piccolo's jump between the Frieza and Android Saga (mostly because the power jump was higher than him fusing with Piccolo).

And the amount of salt over the boost, made it worth it.

That makes sense since Goku's body isn't Kaioshin.

It doesn't. Old Kai merged with a Old Witch he wasn't a Supreme Kai and that was forever. Not to mention the Time Rings can only be used by a Supreme Kai, yet Black had no problem using them.

TCKaos

I can't get over 17 matching SSB. Like, what?

I want to see other characters able to keep up with the Saiyans but at least make it sound feasible.

To be fair, Androind 17 was stronger than Freeza without training, so it makes sense that he'd be as strong as Golden Freeza was after training for longer than like, what, summer vacation?

HeroR

I want them to wait on Super to age up some characters before doing another cross over.

Also I started One Piece, I'm on episode 47.

Hope you enjoy. It's one of my favorite shows next to Dragon Ball. It has a lot of homages to it, specifically the original Dragon Ball. I should warn you, Skypei is kind of a drag.

Watch Goku wish for Cell to be revived just so he can train him and fight him at full power.

Gonna be next year's movie.

Whats the point when hes got Majin Buu?

Frieza won't even fuck with him. If Buu trained he would be a GoD in no time. His base was SSJ3 level compared to Frieza's natural base without training

HeroR

Frieza's boost was crazier too.

I am personally okay with Frieza's boost since he was born that strong without doing anything, unlike everyone else who trained, fused, or the androids who technically cheated. My only real problem with Frieza is the time and even then, it evens out since Frieza rushing his training bit him in the ass.

I am personally okay with Frieza's boost since he was born that strong without doing anything, unlike everyone else who trained, fused, or the androids who technically cheated. My only real problem with Frieza is the time and even then, it evens out since Frieza rushing his training bit him in the ass.

I like his boost too. Salvages his character a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom