• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachikarn

Didnt zamasu also kill all those kais without the GoD and Angel stopping him

Did they say he killed them in all the universes or was it just in U7?

Feel like Zeno should have noticed pretty quickly if he wiped out all the gods in the entire multiverse.

Chille

Yeah no.

First of all you can replace "Beerus" by Kaioshin since he had power to be relevant til the Cell saga.

But even with Beerus, it made no sense that he let Majin Buu roam free destroying everything, including the kais, that would have resulted in his own death.

Like that oracle fish can predict a random ass thing like Goku but not Buu ? What about Whis, he didn't deem it worthy to wake Beerus up ?

I always thought Beerus knew about Buu but didn't care because he thought having the old kai sealed away would mean he wouldn't die due to him being a supreme kai and techinally still alive.

L Thammy

Dr. Gero created the ultimate training facility as another contingency plan, and he imprinted all of his biological creations with memories of where it is. That's my bet.

Did they say he killed them in all the universes or was it just in U7?

Feel like Zeno should have noticed pretty quickly if he wiped out all the gods in the entire multiverse.

They said they killed all of the Kaioshin.
Why do people still think the gods are all knowing? Zeno probably wasn't paying any attention.

Slaythe

I always thought Beerus knew about Buu but didn't care because he thought having the old kai sealed away would mean he wouldn't die due to him being a supreme kai and techinally still alive.

Well in the anime future Beerus died when future Shin died.

The manga "killed" the elder kai by having the Z sword turn to stone. Since it wasn't in both stories, it probably means only the current Kai and the God of Destruction are linked.

Just like the gentle kai is technically inside of "Buu" and not "dead", he doesn't count anymore.

L Thammy

Wow, I never heard about the sticks thing in Fusions until now.. Is there an explanation? Since when has sword censorship been a thing?

I wonder if we're going to start seeing cut aways to Vegeta training soon. I know someone speculated that the shot of Vegeta in the NEP is him over hearing Beerus and Whis and finding out the stakes. I'd like to see him pop into his gravity chamber at least once before the tournament.

Kyzer

Banned
I wonder if we're going to start seeing cut aways to Vegeta training soon. I know someone speculated that the shot of Vegeta in the NEP is him over hearing Beerus and Whis and finding out the stakes. I'd like to see him pop into his gravity chamber at least once before the tournament.

I need to see that Dad Vegeta Fury technique

L Thammy

Dr. Gero created The Grand Priest as the Ultimate Goku killer.

It turns out that Zeno revived Cell, and this tournament is to give him a chance to absorb all of Gero's creations: Zeno, the Grand Priest, the Angels, Buu, Android 17 and 18. And then become True Perfect Cell. The "not the real villain" shenanigans from the Android saga never really ended.

Honestly Im just remembering the Toriyama tradition: non goku heroes burn brightest before they job.
Vegeta getting left out of the lime light probably bodes super well for him by comparison.
Like how Gohan was a complete non entity in the android saga, and then suddenly hes the hero. The reverse: endless Gohan push in the Buu saga, only to become Buu kibble.

AdanVC

All this talk about #17, #18 and Dr. Gero, is making me wish a new arc with the Red Ribon army as the main villian again. That army is Goku's longest enemy and has always persisted on trying to defeat him. Even in DB GT. It would be cool if they come back for revenge in DB Super.

Anth0ny

All this talk about #17, #18 and Dr. Gero, is making me wish a new arc with the Red Ribon army as the main villian again. That army is Goku's longest enemy and has always persisted on trying to defeat him. Even in DB GT. It would be cool if they come back for revenge in DB Super.

Android #22 still brewing in the secret basement basement of Gero's lab that everyone missed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Honestly Im just remembering the Toriyama tradition: non goku heroes burn brightest before they job.
Vegeta getting left out of the lime light probably bodes super well for him by comparison.
Like how Gohan was a complete non entity in the android saga, and then suddenly hes the hero. The reverse: endless Gohan push in the Buu saga, only to become Buu kibble.
Quiet you.

I look at all these new power ups and that recent episode title and think to myself

WTH Piccolo instead of training Gohan why don't you also put up some effort

:(

To be fair, infinity was his design. So that's limitless possibilities. ;o

His meaning of infinity probably has as much relevance to the actual meaning of the word infinity as his use of the word android, or every time basically anyone in dragonball talks about "universes", which is completely wrong from what a universe is. :p

Chille

Well in the anime future Beerus died when future Shin died.

The manga "killed" the elder kai by having the Z sword turn to stone. Since it wasn't in both stories, it probably means only the current Kai and the God of Destruction are linked.

Just like the gentle kai is technically inside of "Buu" and not "dead", he doesn't count anymore.

Yeah its why I think it was just over confidence from Beerus, and Whis not caring

Slaythe

Well now THIS is super 17 inspired.

60f2e63c76788f83bc05d591f024e5cd.png

Kyzer

Banned
Has no one made a photoshop of Goku super saiyan but hair still black colored ? Kind of what the intro looks like to me

Also, I really wish he would wear Whis's gi again

Skeeter49

I'd like a Piccolo powerup where Piccolo has all the spirits of the guardians of earth inside of him with Kami inside of him, or make it Dende cause that would probably make more sense, Piccolo channels all the previous earth guardians power, and uses it for a boost.

Mory Dunz

endless gohan push during the Buu saga?
It was pretty much the same as the android saga. Doesn't do much, gets training near end, then fights main guy and is stronger than him at the time.
edit: unless you mean slice of life stuff.

Kyzer

Banned
endless gohan push during the Buu saga?
It was pretty much the same as the android saga. Doesn't do much, gets training near end, then fights main guy and is stronger than him at the time.
edit: unless you mean slice of life stuff.

yeah but it wasnt like, off screen training. Gohan was actively getting special training throughout a long period of time just to fight Buu and still end up losing

Skeeter49

Gohan was hyped 24/7 that Buu arc, all to come to nothing.
Supreme Kai hyped him
Goku hyped him up
Elder Kai hyped him up
He was hyped up to stop Buu from being release, and being able to beat Dabura.
Everything kept talking about how strong Gohan's potential was, even before the Ultimate Gohan stuff.

Gohan was hyped 24/7 that Buu arc, all to come to nothing.
Supreme Kai hyped him
Goku hyped him up
Elder Kai hyped him up
He was hyped up to stop Buu from being release, and being able to beat Dabura.
Everything kept talking about how strong Gohan's potential was, even before the Ultimate Gohan stuff.
That wasn't exclusive to gohan tho....sigh such a crap arc

Skeeter49

Even during the Goten and Trunks hype, Gohan was being hyped, either pulling out the Z sword, using the Z sword, or getting the potential unleashed. You knew Gotenks wasn't going to do shit, because what was the reason for hyping up Gohan?

Though it must have been rough after Vegeta blew himself up, and Piccolo was like, "These boys are our last hope", looking at Goten and Trunks.

Btw, just on the last episode for a moment: I really dislike the whole playing up of Uub still becoming a thing, even including a full-blown tone shift with Dende explaining that similar to Kami doing with Cell. If this all eventually leads to including Oozaru-base forms that might kinda cool (I suppose), but we'd also get GT with that. Which is just no.

And the power level reshuffle to make god power useless is annoying because the only interesting part of Super is the idea of there being entire classes way beyond anything the characters can touch upon. Or at least interesting in avoiding returning to basic tropes, a lot of which DB popularized to begin with.

Even during the Goten and Trunks hype, Gohan was being hyped, either pulling out the Z sword, using the Z sword, or getting the potential unleashed. You knew Gotenks wasn't going to do shit, because what was the reason for hyping up Gohan?

Though it must have been rough after Vegeta blew himself up, and Piccolo was like, "These boys are our last hope", looking at Goten and Trunks.

Or maybe that's because he know his so- I mean Gohan and that he's a total [censored]

Slaythe

Btw, just on the last episode for a moment: I really dislike the whole playing up of Uub still becoming a thing, even including a full-blown tone shift with Dende explaining that similar to Kami doing with Cell. If this all eventually leads to including Oozaru-base forms that might kinda cool (I suppose), but we'd also get GT with that. Which is just no.

And the power level reshuffle to make god power useless is annoying because the only interesting part of Super is the idea of there being entire classes way beyond anything the characters can touch upon. Or at least interesting in avoiding returning to basic tropes, a lot of which DB popularized to begin with.

What are you talking about ? Uub was in the manga of Dragon Ball, it has nothing to do with GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom