• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I never understood the point of calling that transformation "Super Saiyan Rage" when SSJ1 and 2 were achieved by rage too. I never liked the name for that reason.
That reminds me I think one of the Legacy of Goku games called Gohan going Ssj2 for the first time Super Saiyan Rage

Oh my God they re-recorded the french version with a non growling Black. :O

Currently sounds bad as they only aired the PAL sped up version that makes everyone high pitched (....) but the bluray should be fine.

That's very surprising cause the french voice actor came out "showcasing" his Black voice and it was Schemmel garbage.

I think the same thing happened with the Latin dub correct ? They had the voice actor getting a bad voice and eventually aired a corrected version.

I guess Toei ended up telling them to fix it. :eek:

Do they still call him Black Goku instead of Goku Black?

HardRojo

Currently sounds bad as they only aired the PAL sped up version that makes everyone high pitched (....) but the bluray should be fine.

That's very surprising cause the french voice actor came out "showcasing" his Black voice and it was Schemmel garbage.

I think the same thing happened with the Latin dub correct ? They had the voice actor getting a bad voice and eventually aired a corrected version.

Not really, Mario Castañeda showcased his voice at some events prior to the start of the Black arc, and his voice was fine most of the time, I think it was only once I heard some Nolanesque Batman, but he had already recorded the voices for some episodes by then, so I guess he got it right from the beginning. He's doing a great job.

Fj0823

Not really, Castañeda showed a Batman-esque voice on conventions where he teased the voice, nothing official

Goku Black in the final product (which premiered this week) has a sliiiiiight gruff only when he is angry or screaming, rest of the time he's just asshole Goku

Slaythe

Do they still call him Black Goku instead of Goku Black?

I have no idea they haven't called him yet.

I don't think it matters because they're just gonna call him Black anyway a few episodes in. It's also possible Borg messed it up because Goku never calls Black "Goku Black !", he calls him Black. So Borg would have just remembered it as "Black Goku".

Not really, Mario Castañeda showcased his voice at some events prior to the start of the Black arc, and his voice was fine most of the time, I think it was only once I heard some Nolanesque Batman, but he had already recorded the voices for some episodes by then, so I guess he got it right from the beginning. He's doing a great job.

Not really, Castañeda showed a Batman-esque voice on conventions where he teased the voice, nothing official

Goku Black in the final product (which premiered this week) has a sliiiiiight gruff only when he is angry or screaming, rest of the time he's just asshole Goku

Chances for 3 voice actors from 3 different countries doing the same voice that is nothing like the original, is virtually improbable.

Chances for 2 of them to showcase a super gruffy voice after they supposedly recorded episodes even though the actual voices were nothing like it in the final episodes, is also very unlikely. But if you say he had it right too then I'm not sure why he did that ?

Anyway, Borg (french VA) went on record teasing his Black voice not long ago (and not on official capacity either) and it was a disaster, Schemmel 2. The definitive version is a sadistic cunning version of Goku.... That's two entirely different take on the character, that's not a regular voice variation. So again, unless they re-recorded, he had no reason to do that.

HardRojo

Ok, the Latam dub ruined the emotional moment between Future Trunks and Vegeta in episode 50, where Vegeta uses a calmer (for his standards) voice to tell Trunks not to give up since they would find a way. The Latam VA used Vegeta's regular angry voice for that part, which totally ruined the moment, at least for me as a big fan of that scene...

Magwik

Banned
Ok, the Latam dub ruined the emotional moment between Future Trunks and Vegeta in episode 50, where Vegeta uses a calmer (for his standards) voice to tell Trunks not to give up since they would find a way. The Latam VA used Vegeta's regular angry voice for that part, which totally ruined the moment, at least for me as a big fan of that scene...
That blows, it's one of Vegeta's best scenes across the series

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bet we'll get angry Sabat too.

Slaythe

I can't wait for the Trunks and Gohan episode because it's the same voice actor for both.

I want to see them drown. They must have never seen that one coming.

Magwik

Banned
uufQtoohTZOvGrqMyPYi9w.png

-KpMADWhTJGey37AaGtVng.png

hohoXD123

It's strange, Jiren is most likely using ultra instinct too but the gods didn't have anywhere near the same reaction to him as they did when Goku started using it. Is Jiren not a mortal?

Instro

So are people still saying that something happens in the middle the tournament and it doesn’t finish?
I

Seems like a reasonable assumption, either by way of a new big bad, or Frieza pulling something. A winner being crowned strikes me as the least likley outcome, frankly I could see them running out of time instead.

Top Bottom