• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

AdanVC

Preview shots for tonight.

H Y P E

There goes some peoples' predictions of
the form coming out at the end of the special.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit so
Goku's new form
will be on today's episode!!?? Fucking hype!! Finally some excitement after weeks of not so exciting episodes. I'm still rooting for Jiren hoping he can kick Goku's ass real bad this time.

Baleoce

My guess is Frieza sees Vegeta mentoring Cabba during the royale and decides to make him get off the fence. By that I mean Frieza probably goes after Cabba out of curiosity to how Vegeta will react to it, as if daring him to retaliate / defend his pupil from someone in his own universe. After all it is a winner takes all scenario where the losers consolation prize is.. not existing. So I'd kind of be with Frieza on this one lol

Tsunamo

I like how Toei keeps most of the episode on the down low until now, and a few hours before it starts we're getting screenshots like no tomorrow.

Not complaining though. So so hyped!

Durden77

So is the special going to premiere around the same time as typical episodes do? Like it should be up on Crunchy Roll around 11PM EST? (Non-premium)

So there are some people who think this form is incomplete, or a transition form. I think that maybe has some credibility,since we see him in one image with the blue aura, and then in another one with a red smoky aura. i wonder if that means anything, like the red aura is the mastered form.idk I'm just spitballing

So is the special going to premiere around the same time as typical episodes do? Like it should be up on Crunchy Roll around 11PM EST?
9:15 if there are no delays

E: non premium is around 10??
Why would he do that?
Beerus or Zeno?

Guys, Shida's Jiren is so huge and beef.
Huge and beefy.

AdanVC

Those two new sets of images are purdy.

Also interesting that the new preview for 112 says that
the ToP is nearing its end.

Wich is good because this tournament has been dragging for way too long already with very few exciting episodes and I'm already bored of the same exact brownish dark location. Hoping for some crazy surprises from now on.

Math exam tomorrow morning

Citizens of Dragon Ball GAF, lend me your energy!

maxresdefault.jpg

Change that awful avatar and I'll give you a lucozade bottle no problem. Also go revise.

Couldn't care less about tomorrows episode, fuck Goku and fuck Jiren the boring. The only hope I have for the show is that Jiren is a bit of a toss pot and there is another character stronger than him, that would be a great curve ball. Worst part of the tournament for me was that the Sailor Scouts turned out to be total shit, really wanted the one remaining to be ridiculously powerful but is a joke character.

I do want it to be the blue jelly looking dude that's stronger than everyone else.

So it would seem, at least so far, that in the manga, Toppo will be the Jiren, and in the Anime it's Jiren who is universe 11's ace? Are their roles reversed completely between the manga and anime? And if they are, does this mean that it truly doesn't matter at all who the god of destruction candidate for universe 11 is, and despite the buildup for Jiren, it's really the hidden universe 4 threat that is the ToP main event?

Well, we've already clearly witnessed major differences between Dragon Ball Super in the anime and manga, so I shouldn't be acting surprised. It will certainly be interesting to see where they take all this.

So it would seem, at least so far, that in the manga, Toppo will be the Jiren, and in the Anime it's Jiren who is universe 11's ace? Are their roles reversed completely between the manga and anime? And if they are, does this mean that it truly doesn't matter at all who the god of destruction candidate for universe 11 is, and despite the buildup for Jiren, it's really the hidden universe 4 threat that is the ToP main event?

Well, we've already clearly witnessed major differences between Dragon Ball Super in the anime and manga, so I shouldn't be acting surprised. It will certainly be interesting to see where they take all this.
#TeamBugs

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
maxresdefault.jpg

Change that awful avatar and I'll give you a lucozade bottle no problem. Also go revise.

Couldn't care less about tomorrows episode, fuck Goku and fuck Jiren the boring. The only hope I have for the show is that Jiren is a bit of a toss pot and there is another character stronger than him, that would be a great curve ball. Worst part of the tournament for me was that the Sailor Scouts turned out to be total shit, really wanted the one remaining to be ridiculously powerful but is a joke character.

I do want it to be the blue jelly looking dude that's stronger than everyone else.

Yeah but we might get a 2017 version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20_IaFboqo

Kevinroc

Having the U6 Saiyans aroudn = less screen time for Goten = bad deal

Masako Nozawa is going to be 81 at the end of this month. And between voicing Goku, Gohan, and Goten, Goten will always get the short end of the stick.

I actually like Goten.

Kazuhira

I think this new form is a precursor to future transformations. I doubt this is the form that truly has the mastery over body that even Beerus struggles to do. It's probably like half way there or something.

It kinda feels accidental by looking at the preview,not a natural progression for Goku imo.
So yeah,maybe it's just a precursor and a one-time thing.

Azerare

Having the U6 Saiyans aroudn = less screen time for Goten = bad deal
I honestly think even the writers have forgotten about Goten. I guess they'll maybe get a poacher episode... but I'm fine with him not getting screen time if we get more Kale and Caulifla.

Everybody should watch this clip from the resurrection of F arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjHdFiKAc_M

Whis has been actively training both Goku and Vegeta to master a particular skill. It's unknown if Goku's new form directly ties to the training, or if it's something totally unexpected even to Whis, and what we are seeing is Goku's saiyan body changing to maximize the new skill, pretty much in the same way that Hit changes to a new stance to maximize his new potential. Perhaps this new form of Goku's is exactly that.

I wouldn't rule out at all the possibility Vegeta is on the cusp of learning this also.

Skeeter49

If cabba
knocks out freeza I will die happy

I'm so ready for tonight. Don't think I can contain the hype. I also don't think I'll be able to catch it live... Is it too much to ask if anyone has a Crunchyroll guest pass? I really wanna watch this one in HD
I think
Frieza will shoot him in the back where he channels his SSJ. Meaning he'll never be able to go SSJ again.

Skeeter49

I still can't believe only 1 minute passed last episode

It'd be funny if a longer amount of time went by in the episode Frieza has a lot of focus in.

By the end of this tournament, they have to make a Frieza arc joke about the time going by. I believe in the writers.

Top Bottom