• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

the more i go back and look at it the more i'm convinced that Ultra Instinct is my favorite goku form yet

tumblr_oxijl8X5Up1rd4ymxo2_500.gif

It's the first time since Super Saiyan that actually feels like something changed, rather than them just colouring and saying "yep, stronger now, trust us", so it has that going for it.

A-V-B

It's the brand new thing that we've only seen once, as opposed to the older forms that we've seen a million times already, actually has him fight in a visually distinct manner compared to past forms, while actually looking cool af, so yea, I can see why you'd feel that way lol

I hope the next time he shows up with it, they keep with the strange movements and fluid attacks shown off at the beginning of the fight. The day UI Goku fights entirely like SSJ Goku, UI is "dead" lol

I-hate-u

the more i go back and look at it the more i'm convinced that Ultra Instinct is my favorite goku form yet

tumblr_oxijl8X5Up1rd4ymxo2_500.gif

I am telling you man, it's the first consequential transformation since the original SS that doesn't just rely on more brute ki/power to be achieved.

Skii

I like how silent Goku is during it as well. He actually seems serious compared to how he's been behaving the entire tournament.

It's the brand new thing that we've only seen once, as opposed to the older forms that we've seen a million times already, actually has him fight in a visually distinct manner compared to past forms, while actually looking cool af, so yea, I can see why you'd feel that way lol

I wouldn't be so sure TBH. Tate did nearly all the art for UI so that's why it has that flow. Nothing about the scenes he didn't animate really give off that vibe.

A-V-B

I mean, that already happened in the special.

He was silent, which makes a weird difference. Seemed less like the usual DBZ clash (even though it totally was.)

Instead it felt like he was filled with a primal fighting intellect constantly adjusting and matching Jiren. It worked in that moment. They shouldn't do the same thing next time, though.

A-V-B

BTW I love Ribbrianne. I think she is hilarious and hope she sticks around to the very end.

She certainly works as, like... a weird parody of the kind of character she should be. The love they're espousing as they fight seems more like a raw force of selfishness instead of anything truly compassionate. Ribbrianne getting her wish and becoming a god would be terrifying.

Boss X

Banned
She certainly works as, like... a weird parody of the kind of character she should be. The love they're espousing as they fight seems more like a raw force of selfishness instead of anything truly compassionate. Ribbrianne getting her wish and becoming a god would be terrifying.
tumblr_inline_mnd9dnxVty1qz4rgp.gif

I just think the Magical Girl thing has always been so dumb and this character's satire of it is so funny. She becomes big, fat, blue, and ugly instead of beautiful, just like in the shows she keeps talking about love and friendship but she keeps getting bodied instead of winning. It's funny that she's taken the Magical Girl tropes into a world where that shit doesn't fly.

Also her theme is fire too.

A-V-B

I just think the Magical Girl thing has always been so dumb and this character's satire of it is so funny. She becomes big, fat, blue, and ugly instead of beautiful, just like in the shows she keeps talking about love and friendship but she keeps getting bodied instead of winning. It's funny that she's taken the Magical Girl tropes into a world where that shit doesn't fly.

Yeah, she'd definitely be more effective if she stopped talking and just punched people with Love.

Top Bottom