• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Because it will be revealed U4 has the mortal that a GoD can't beat.

It's probably not going to be a raw power thing.

We also had no fighter using parasite type moves, so I guess the green insect takes over Hit or Kale or something.

When was this announced?

He's stronger than SS3, but I wouldn't say he's God status yet, or even close really.

zkcoZFh.jpg

ajim

No wait Jiren definitely is stronger than them(i dont know about any hypothetical kaioken Vegito), Goku alone was able to knock back MZ and break his halo, Jiren would have tanked the shit out that. You win this time Shin.
Jiren is definitely stronger than the gods. He's definitely the rumored mortal that even the gods cannot be equal with.

Dude is Unreal.

Something will happen that will cause him to lose or forfeit or whatever. I don't think he's going to. Be losing by traditional means. I just cant see it. I dunno tho.

redfox088

Banned
Jiren is definitely stronger than the gods. He's definitely the rumored mortal that even the gods cannot be equal with.

Dude is Unreal.

Something will happen that will cause him to lose or forfeit or whatever. I don't think he's going to. Be losing by traditional means. I just cant see it. I dunno tho.
Jiren cheated for his power dog....can’t wait for the inevitable flashback episodes stretch.

Okay. Speculations on how this is going ahead, so I'm just going to spoilertag this whole post:
I still maintain that Jiren is artificially buffed, because the direct connection between his GoD and himself pretty much spelled that out, in my opinion. Also the two times the tech-kai adjusted his glasses (similar to Jaco noticing Frost's cheat during the Champa tournament) and U4 mouse not being freaked out. And with Beerus describes Jiren's power as that of a GoD or beyond in the sub, and the emphasis while he says so is on the clown.

Keep in mind that this tournament is between low-ranked universes, so deceit is certainly not out of the picture, and a low-ranked universe having mortals like that seems a bit unlikely. That, and I don't see the show suddenly demoting GoD's to a lower position. Even though the reactions to it were great, as well as Freeza's smirk.

I'd say we're not going to see Goku's new form again this saga, but U11 is probably going to fuck up and get disqualified -- and then saved by dumbass-- in the end. That 'unknown fighter' looks like a deflated Jiren to me. Still strong, just not GoD level.

Best part was still Tsundere Brianne. The whole meta-commentary on transformations (note that Brianne actually did the same thing as Goku with the spirit bomb, it just did way less) is lovely -- pun intended. Freeza's heel turn with Vegeta suddenly going 'nah' is weirdly inconsistent though.
Oh well, at least we got to see almost every other character we hadn't even seen so far. The initial fight scene where Goku gets punched across the whole battlefield was a great sequence. Also, Namek mentions and Namekians being shown? I think Nail and Kami are about to get some more roommates. Hope TFS will be able to do a cover of 'the voices in my head' with all of them before retiring DBZA.

That's kinda the point. This whole arc would have a lot more impact to me if we actually got to know more of these universes beforehand. Like more significantly via arcs that take place there or involve them.

I actually think that shot has some charm.
I mean I don't know how they would have done it in an interesting way. Maybe a 1v1 tourney but idk

ajim

Jiren cheated for his power dog....can’t wait for the inevitable flashback episodes stretch.
Haha I refuse to believe this. It feels like such a cop out.

Belmond is a dodgy looking clown tho. So who knows. But I like to think jiren is just legit powerful as Fuck.

SS3 is such a bad transformation that Goku didn't bother using it against Jiren.

I always hated it except for the first transformation sequence, SS2 has had better showing imo.

NZerker12

Gohan's at SSJ God level the most. There is no way Goku was using Blue to its fullest power. If Goku fought Gohan the same way he fought Merged Zamasu, Gohan would be pile of ashes after that Full Power Kamehameha he used on Zamasu.

LotusHD

Banned
Theres 12 universes worth of people. This arc just takes the strongest 10 from most of them and throws them in a pit together. And at the end most of them are going to go away, and if they just come back with the dragon balls, what a waste of time

All we need to explore is like U6, and maybe the universes that didn't have to compete in this stupid tournament to begin with.

Maddness

Well remember in episode 85 or so he (Jiren) was meditating. I wonder if we'll end up going back to that and showing there was something going on, or if it was just a Dabura type power up event.

Haha I refuse to believe this. It feels like such a cop out.

Belmond is a dodgy looking clown tho. So who knows. But I like to think jiren is just legit powerful as Fuck.
I actually think it would be more interesting than if he's just super strong (unless he got his power in a legitimate, interesting way, and it's not just left unexplained)

it's going to be left unexplained

Their is work to be done with other universes. The ones didn't participate have stronger mortals on average than the ones here.

I'm just hoping for power-ups for the likes of Piccolo/Krillin/Androids.

Boss X

Banned
Whis also only used UI in defense, wheres Goku attacking Jiren in that state. Jiren for the most part has been all DEFENSE.

brinstar

I actually think it would be more interesting than if he's just super strong (unless he got his power in a legitimate, interesting way, and it's not just left unexplained)

it's going to be left unexplained

I don't think it really needs to be explained. Hit showed up casually stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta with no explanation. It's a big multiverse

caliph95

I don't think it really needs to be explained. Hit showed up casually stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta with no explanation. It's a big multiverse
To be fair alot of that was techniques not just raw power

But there's also kale,Toppo and Dyspo

Maybe Ribranne MAYBE

NZerker12

Their is work to be done with other universes. The ones didn't participate have stronger mortals on average than the ones here.

I'm just hoping for power-ups for the likes of Piccolo/Krillin/Androids.

Better not stronger.

Mortal Level is a combination of many factors such as evolution, intelligence, self proficiency etc.

redfox088

Banned
To be fair alot of that was techniques not just raw power

But there's also kale,Toppo and Dyspo

Maybe Ribranne MAYBE
And that is why I believe there will be a caveat to jirens strength. Maybe he can redirect energy....or he’s got like a Suzaku “Live!” Type mind trickery from belmond.

ajim

Frieza raw talent is crazy too.
Yeha he's trained for like what, 4 weeks his entire life to get to gold level? Lol. Dude was just born and gifted super powerful.

Then goes to the gym, few bench presses and squats, eats some oats and in a month comes back stronger than ssj blue. Lol.

Top Bottom