• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe & Collectors Editions announced + New info

sensui-tomo

Funny they don't mention Goku Black by name but just "Playable character from Dragon Ball Super".

I guess he doesn't have a canon name, yet?

I'm not sure the western regions are going to call him goku black, they might change that name around.

Funny they don't mention Goku Black by name but just "Playable character from Dragon Ball Super".

Yeah, "Goku Black" is just something Future Bulma called him because of his outfit, he calls himself "Son Goku" but his dialogue in the most recent episode seems to imply that he isn't actually Goku.

Goku Black is definitely his canon name judging by the episode titles

could be they just haven't decided on whether it'll apply to the dub or not

Eylos

Banned
atkoRLZ.png

"fly with style"

I can't tell if the incentive is the rad clothes, or the ability to fly around on a rad broken pillar

it's tao pai pai pillar

tumblr_ml28j2DsRn1qzmfgzo1_400.gif

EGOMON

Still waiting for Tenkaichi 4...
Non of these crapy DB games is worthwhile especially the basic stupid combat

They might change it to "Dark" because of racially sensitive people.

I'm interested to see how they'll do this, Black isn't actually part of his name, it's just something Bulma dubs him, however the characters do refer to him simply as "Black" to keep things clear.

MuchoMalo

Banned
It'll be Sean Schemmel for sure.

You say that, but he hasn't voiced any of Masako Nozawa's characters so far except Adult Goku. He didn't even get to voice Turles or Bardock because Funimation felt that his voice didn't fit. That could very well happen here. He doesn't have Nozawa's range, so if he can't nail an evil voice they'll pick someone else again.

You say that, but he hasn't voiced any of Masako Nozawa's characters so far except Adult Goku. He didn't even get to voice Turles or Bardock because Funimation felt that his voice didn't fit. That could very well happen here. He doesn't have Nozawa's range, so if he can't nail an evil voice they'll pick someone else again.

The fact that he's Goku Black means he'll probably be Schemmel.

Alienous

Given that it's actually Goku Black I'm fairly sure it'll be Sean. It's just harder to portray literally an evil Goku without them sharing the same base voice.

more like he doesn't have a dub name yet and they aren't going to call him black goku or goku black for obvious reason

i'm willing to bet that will change black to dark once they start bringing super over

I'm interested to see how they'll do this, Black isn't actually part of his name, it's just something Bulma dubs him, however the characters do refer to him simply as "Black" to keep things clear.

it's my understanding that "black" used in this sense in Japan is the equivalent of "dark" (Black Magician = Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh, for example) so I could easily see him being called Dark Goku over here

it's my understanding that "black" used in this sense in Japan is the equivalent of "dark" (Black Magician = Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh, for example) so I could easily see him being called Dark Goku over here

The word used is literally the english work Black "Buraku", and is in reference to his black clothing. Changing him to Dark Goku could work, but it could become an issue since at this point the characters are literally just calling him "Black", changing "Black" to "Dark Goku" in dialogue could cause issues in matching mouth flaps and it could also cause dialogue to feel strange.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The problem with that is that characters literally just call him "Black".

Then they will call him Dark or Shadow or whatever. I don't see the problem here.

Hell, Luffy is in german called Ruffy.

I want that figurine. I know I won't be able to afford it, but I still really want it. That and the Goku Black DLC. This is going to be a major PITA releasing alongside TLG. I can't delay TLG but damn, I really want the collectors edition now.

I'm assuming Goku Black and Future Trunks are included in the figurine edition too

Goku Black is a preorder bonus so yes, Future Trunks appears to be either just from the Deluxe Edition or a bonus for getting the Season Pass, which is not in the Collector's edition. Future Trunks is just early access anyways, so he's not exclusive either way.

Yeah, pretty sure it'll be Sean doing the voice. I'd be willing to bet he'd probably use a variation of the deeper lower voice he uses for SSJ3 & 4 Goku.

So just so I'm clear, if I want both Goku Black and early access to DBS Trunks, I need to pre-order the Deluxe Edition, right?

Yeah, pretty sure it'll be Sean doing the voice. I'd be willing to bet he'd probably use a variation of the deeper lower voice he uses for SSJ3 & 4 Goku.

So just so I'm clear, if I want both Goku Black and early access to DBS Trunks, I need to pre-order the Deluxe Edition, right?

Future Trunks is just early access.
EDIT: Miss read, sorry.

Revven

Let's be 100000% clear here: Future Trunks from Super isn't DLC in any way, he is going to be unlockable in the game somehow (either via playing the story or probably from the Dragon Balls like the GT characters were in XV1). All you're getting is unlocking him early, right from the start, instead of having to wait until you are able to get him at whatever point in the game he unlocks. Bamco has done this before with other "early access" labeling like for Storm 4 pre-orders you'd unlock The Last costumes for... I think Sakura and Hinata early -- or it was some costume you unlocked early if you pre-ordered besides getting Boruto and Sarada.

Goku Black (or Black Goku) is the only actual pre-order exclusive DLC (oh and maybe Tao's pillar but that could also just be an early unlock -- we don't know). Meaning if you don't pre-order just the day 1 edition (or buy the day 1 edition), you won't get him.

Additionally, just my own two cents, but it's pretty scummy they're doing this for what is technically a main new villain. Locking him behind pre-orders is gross even if I'm getting the game day 1 regardless. I mean, I'm happy he's in the game at all but still it's not cool especially when you already have the new Future Trunks unlockable in the game.

Gonna be weird to get the Universe 6 characters as DLC but it makes sense they'd do that from a business perspective.

So if I don't get this day one I miss out on a character? Why do alot of these anime fighters do this. Was ss4 Vegeta ever released to everyone else for the first one

atkoRLZ.png

"fly with style"

I can't tell if the incentive is the rad clothes, or the ability to fly around on a rad broken pillar

i think is a reference from Dragon Ball and Tao Pai Pai (which i think is cool, them feels)

amazon should hurry the fuck up so i can pre-order the CE

edit: beaten, glad to see gaf knows whats up

Top Bottom