• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe & Collectors Editions announced + New info

bumpkin

So an extra $90 for a soundtrack, a small art book, a steelbook case and a statue. If I couldn't get a similar statue (though not the same exact pose yet) from Otaku Mode for about $35 with shipping right now, I'd be tempted to bite. $55 for the rest isn't worth it, IMHO.

That statue looks to be coming out around July 31, BTW.

Tansut

Goddamnit the Deluxe Edition is a Gamestop exclusive.

Bamco fucking this up for me as many ways as they can.

NeonZ

Well, you're going to be well rested then. No indication there's going to be anything like that soon.

More like ever. Spike itself made 3 DBZ games with modified versions of Tenkaichi's engine after Tenkaichi 3, and yet they never made a proper follow up to Tenkaichi 3.

Ended up pre-ordering the Collector's Edition on Amazon. With the prime discount I'll be able to buy the season pass as well. Wish the collectors edition came with the original case too though. I don't like steel cases and I love how the standard cover has Future Gohan and Bardock.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I guess this is the thread to post this in? Apparently there's some new info coming in from Japan Expo: in addition to SSJ/SSJ3 transformations for Saiyan and Pure forms for Majin CaCs, apparently Freeza's race gets new Golden forms.

So, yay?

Really wish there were a PC CE, but I'm sure the other stuff will end up on eBay. I dunno, maybe I'll preorder the PS4 version just in case.

I guess this is the thread to post this in? Apparently there's some new info coming in from Japan Expo: in addition to SSJ/SSJ3 transformations for Saiyan and Pure forms for Majin CaCs, apparently Freeza's race gets new Golden forms.

So, yay?

Nah, Golden Form should have belonged to the great Lord Frieza only.

Tcab96

So, yay?

I was more hopeful for four to five transformations like Frieza or Cooler.

Namekians: The Forgotten Power

Never forget that, at one or two points in the series, Piccolo was the strongest of them all. Maybe they'll get a badass weighted cloak to compensate for the lack of a transformation--would actually be a fair deal.

Namekians: The Forgotten Power

Never forget that, at one or two points in the series, Piccolo was the strongest of them all. Maybe they'll get a badass weighted cloak to compensate for the lack of a transformation--would actually be a fair deal.

Transformation into what? A babysitter?

idonteven

i hope the transformations are not just golden freeza or kid buu without the armor ur base character has

kinda ruins the immersion

i hope the transformations are not just golden freeza or kid buu without the armor ur base character has

I feel like with golden forms it'll just change your base skin color to gold while keeping the rest of your armor and whatnot. I cannot see it just being skinny Frieza for everybody.

It's different from the Majin transformation, because you're actually fully changing your appearance to Kid Buu in that one. Hopefully they do at least take into account genders for that, though.

Transformation into what? A babysitter?

LUzCIjv.gif

Revven

You can see the forms in this brief gameplay clip Bamco EU uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwJ0XRw53M

The Majin transformation is definitely just Kid Buu but I guess whatever color your Majin is? We've only seen it in a light blue color so far, though, so I dunno. You lose all your customization looks and clothes when going into this form as seen in the video. But you gain Kid Buu's combo strings and probably stat boosts.

Golden form for Frieza race is literally just a golden recolor so you keep all your customization features and clothes but you're just gold.

I'll feel bad for anyone who makes their Frieza race yellow colored now lol. Going Golden won't feel like an "upgrade" at all from a visual standpoint if you make him yellow or a similar color.

Prologue

where are my beam struggles? I didnt even bother with the first game because of thats. Its DBZ for crying out loud.

Cool bonuses but I'll be waiting to hear how grind heavy this one is compared to the first. That killed the game for me.

The developers have already confirmed that the RNG system to get skills/equips from the first game is being removed/refined into something else due to fan feedback, so that's a start. That was probably most people's biggest complaint with the first Xenoverse.

Revven

where are my beam struggles? I didnt even bother with the first game because of thats. Its DBZ for crying out loud.

They aren't here because the developers are not sure how to make them work in a game that has 2v2 and 3v3 battles and does not use cutscenes to freeze players.

They aren't here because the developers are not sure how to make them work in a game that has 2v2 and 3v3 battles and does not use cutscenes to freeze players.

I never understood this, though - don't grapple moves essentially make you untouchable to other players, as long as the grapple animation is playing out? I'd think beam struggles would just do the same thing.

Decided to jump in for the CE. That Goku statue looks so dope. Hearing that the devs are tuning down the grinding and that my character carries over has me hype. I'm down for some more DB goodness.

And I feel bad for people who missed out on SSJ4 Vegeta in XV1. SSJ4 Vegeta + Final Blast was how I cheesed the final missions that were cheap as fuck. Had to finish them all to get SSJ4 Goku at all costs. There's no way I'm missing out on Black. He's so interesting and his outfit/potential moveset is great. And that black power up aura! (Prob where his name comes from)

I have some theories about him though.
Like others said, I don't think he's Goku or a saiyan. My guess is android using Goku's DNA. I'm hoping he's not a shapeshifter or something.

Piers

Decided to jump in for the CE. That Goku statue looks so dope. Hearing that the devs are tuning down the grinding and that my character carries over has me hype. I'm down for some more DB goodness.

And I feel bad for people who missed out on SSJ4 Vegeta in XV1. SSJ4 Vegeta + Final Blast was how I cheesed the final missions that were cheap as fuck. Had to finish them all to get SSJ4 Goku at all costs. There's no way I'm missing out on Black. He's so interesting and his outfit/potential moveset is great. And that black power up aura! (Prob where his name comes from)

I have some theories about him though.
Like others said, I don't think he's Goku or a saiyan. My guess is android using Goku's DNA. I'm hoping he's not a shapeshifter or something.

Leaving those characters permanently lost behind pre-order is gross. Not just for the staff's efforts, but the product's legacy as well. Decades later when people want to play UNS4, they'll have to swallow the fact that Boruto and Sarada are inaccessible.
Except for trainers on PC

Bandai Namco are shrewd pricks by getting consumers to cover their asses before a game's release, and wish someone in the company would just get the people responsible for that mandate out of there.

Revven

I never understood this, though - don't grapple moves essentially make you untouchable to other players, as long as the grapple animation is playing out? I'd think beam struggles would just do the same thing.

Big difference. Throws are shorter, way way shorter. Beam struggles would be much longer and usually involve a button mashing mini-game to determine a winner.

Ultimately, I think they would want a more natural beam struggle somehow than one that doesn't freeze the players in place that essentially places them in "their own bubble" separate from the other players to do a mini-game of button mashing. A throw doesn't create that separation of gameplay.

How a more natural beam struggle that doesn't induce that feeling of separation for the sake of something flashy and cinematic can even be made is beyond me or even what something like that would be is well outside of my own scope of possible ideas.

Top Bottom