• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe & Collectors Editions announced + New info

patchday

did they mention if there will be less grinding for clothes? If there isn't- I might wait and buy it later used or something just for single player and forget all about dressing up my favorite custom characters

or... just buy on PC this time

Big difference. Throws are shorter, way way shorter. Beam struggles would be much longer and usually involve a button mashing mini-game to determine a winner.

Ultimately, I think they would want a more natural beam struggle somehow than one that doesn't freeze the players in place that essentially places them in "their own bubble" separate from the other players to do a mini-game of button mashing. A throw doesn't create that separation of gameplay.

How a more natural beam struggle that doesn't induce that feeling of separation for the sake of something flashy and cinematic can even be made is beyond me or even what something like that would be is well outside of my own scope of possible ideas.

Yeah I guess it would need to be longer. But I think it'd be worth the trade off. Maybe beam-struggling players could push away other players by emanating a ton of energy? That would kind of force other players into temporary spectator mode, though...but then it'd be more like the show, lol.

But really there ought to be some compromise they can come up with. Maybe include them but only in 1v1?

Top Bottom