• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

Slaythe

Just have one guy that got in make a party. Then ask him to invite you. Then join session.

Invites automatically log you in. :)

Game crashed on me again after watching the first couple cutscenes. This is ridiculous. I'll try to get in again later, but this is making me rethink my pre-order.

Framerate seems really perfect on PS4.
Just played online with 7 Characters on screen. Everyone fighting, doing crazy beam attacks, still looks and feels like perfect 60fps without a single drop.

Revven

I got in again earlier and played around an hour and a half of PvP. Saved some good matches, too, before I had to stop playing.

I've gotten in about 4 different times for close to a total of 4 hours. Not bad all things considered. It's really just a roll of the dice, though. I only tried to log in earlier this afternoon around 4 times before the 5th time it went in lol.

Piers

There's a mode for PvP where everyone is set to the same health/stamina/ki/stats with the differences being techniques/movesets/super souls. (Super Souls are Z Souls but they don't grant stats, just the special effects)

And SSJ doesn't granted infinite Ki now, right?
(Side note: Stinker that SSJ hair is still just a palette swap of the base-form)

Revven

And SSJ doesn't granted infinite Ki now, right?
(Side note: Stinker that SSJ hair is still just a palette swap of the base-form)

Yeah, it doesn't. They lose Ki when they use Supers/Ults like they do in base. In addition, Saiyans cannot gain Ki from melee attacks or being attacked while in SS (obv if you have a charge skill you can charge your Ki but otherwise if you want to gain Ki again you need to go back to your base form).

Lol after managing to get in , creating my character , connecting to the server, starting the cinematic with bulma and vegeta and .... the game crashes...

Really ?

Copper

Was thinking about pre ordering on PS4 instead of PC to get into the Beta, but with all these connection issues I might just wait.

Is it true that Black is only available for the first DLC?

Lol after managing to get in , creating my character , connecting to the server, starting the cinematic with bulma and vegeta and .... the game crashes...

Really ?
Yep. Same thing has happened to me like 4 times.

Happened to me again just now, too, except it crashed right when I gained control of my character.

Was thinking about pre ordering on PS4 instead of PC to get into the Beta, but with all these connection issues I might just wait.

Is it true that Black is only available for the first DLC?

Black is preorder exclusive for now but Bamco confirmed that everybody will get him eventually (unlike SSJ4 Vegeta last time)

I'm going to assume that super Vegeta is out of this game ( The ability not the character) because boy was that a spammy way to shoot ultimates over and over.

nope, Super Vegeta is still in (just like SSJ the more ki you have the higher form you get, but it only goes to 2).

Moneal

I'm going to assume that super Vegeta is out of this game ( The ability not the character) because boy was that a spammy way to shoot ultimates over and over.

think SV is still in. Just no infinite Ki for any transformations. SSJ boosts Strike damage. SV boosts Blasts.

Slaythe

Framerate seems really perfect on PS4.
Just played online with 7 Characters on screen. Everyone fighting, doing crazy beam attacks, still looks and feels like perfect 60fps without a single drop.

They added dynamic contrast (turn brightness to the max for that), 60 fps, AND anti aliasing.

Xenoverse 1 was a fucking scam on ps4 when you see all they added with no performance impact.

Kudos to them for XV2 though.

presumably paid DLC, but then again they've confirmed both free and paid content for this game, so who knows.

They flat out said paid DLC.

Not like the PC servers are gonna be any better since they're gonna be run by the same people.

Plus they precisely use BETAS to adjust the servers capacities. I wouldn't worry much.

Especially since you can play the full game offline and connect to online matches through the offline hub.

RocknRola

I can't for the life of me log in. How have they fixed this yet? I only played about an hour yesterday and nothing more :(

The worst part is that they let you select your character and just send you back to the main menu everytime. At least let us stay in the charatcter selection menu to keep on trying.

I played a few hours right when the beta went up yesterday, but man, judging from the impressions it looks like it's a crapshoot whether I get to play more tonight. :/

NZerker12

I've noticed that moves in a combo that vanish you to your opponent can no longer be canceled. In someways its good as you can't do infinites and broken combos but in otherways it limits you to normal vanishing during combos which means you have to be more observant of your stamina.

Cess007

Last night i was able to play for a while and complete the 1st mission, but today all i'm getting is the connection error :/

Durden77

Awesome to hear all the positive impressions on the game itself, so hyoed for this. Not awesome to hear about the server issues, hope they get worked out.

Also I heard you can transfer your X1 data to the beta. Should I do this or wait until the full game? Should be playing tonight.

Also can you play with friend in this beta?

I managed to get in and play for a bit. I like it a lot. The 60 FPS really makes a difference. Don't know if I like playing as a Majin, though. Might change to Earthling when the game comes out.

MiTYH

Hm, last night I got in fine, made a character and did a bunch of quests. Been trying most of today though and can't get back in.

I wasn't fresh with DBXV1 when it came out but apparently there was a month long server issue then.... disappointing but at least this game will be able to be offline to level up and enjoy that when it comes out

better as hell be extended. I haven't gotten in a single time.

edit:the closed beta worked pefectly though. Really shouldn't take this long to fix....

Revven

Also I heard you can transfer your X1 data to the beta. Should I do this or wait until the full game? Should be playing tonight.

Your beta save file won't transfer to the full game so no reason not to transfer your XV1 save data & character to the beta. You'll have to do it again for the full game.

dMHXnJz.png

Bandai on the situation.

I haven't played much of the first game, but I may get back there since the beta save won't carry to the full game.

In traditional Saiyan fashion, I based the female characters after vegetables.
In XV1, I named my Saiyan character Nion (Based on Onion).
Here, it's Tayto (Potato or Potato Onion).

Now to wait until the servers start up again.

Seth

So its PSN servers fault that specifically xenoverse 2 beta isn't working while eveyrthing else is fine. yeah ok.

Top Bottom