• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

Revven

What do you mean by this? When are the stages smaller or larger? I found some stages in the game to be very small and others much larger.

When you play those stages in Player Matches or Ranked or even in PQs, they are more open but in Endless Battle & local multiplayer they cut a section from them and turned that section to the area you fight in; hence being downsized compared to how they are in the other modes. This is because of the dynamic camera used where if they kept the original stage size for the stages then there'd be all kinds of problem with the camera dealing with certain obstacles (such as the Time Chamber's building getting in the way) and one of the players (the one the camera wouldn't be behind) being too far away at points.

You'd understand better if you played the stages on Endless Battle.

In other words, some of the stages available are smaller than they are in the other modes.

dMHXnJz.png

59.99 for shit servers.

Fucking bullshit.

Durden77

I'm so glad ranked has no items now and that you can choose whether you want them in the other battles. I never did Xeno1's online battle because of stupid items.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Maaaaan I get wrecked in this game in PVP. God damn.

I like it overall though. Definitely the most "DBZ" feeling game I've ever played. It can be pretty wonky some times during combat.. but when it clicks.. phew.. it fucking clicks.

zulux21

couldn't resist trying out a majin this time.
I also have the very uncaring voice. sounded great with the dance move in the tutorial :p

this feels mostly the same as the first game, but that is fine for me as long as the missions are balanced better because the first game had some really bad missions.

i'm a little sad I won't have more time with the beta but well what can you do.

BBboy20

Do you have to unlock the best gear and skills in XV1 to get the most out of your XV1 data transfer? What exactly gets transferred over besides the current equipped stuff from that file?

Revven

Do you have to unlock the best gear and skills in XV1 to get the most out of your XV1 data transfer? What exactly gets transferred over besides the current equipped stuff from that file?

Just the current equipped stuff, Zeni and TP Medals based on what you unlocked and accomplished in the first game. (TP Medals can be used to get certain skills instead of Zeni). For example, I got all the skills in the first game (got the Plat. trophy) and completed all PQs and the story mode and it gave me 250 TP Medals. While I've read from some other people that on a fresh save file (or without the story completed) they only managed to get 70 TP Medals. I'm not really sure how much all of what I did really adds up to, however. That will be something I imagine someone will take the time to figure out when the full game comes out.

Also, just so everyone is aware, the beta has been extended until tomorrow 10 AM CEST!

Source: https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/787987404753891329 (too lazy to screenshot)

However, only those who have the beta now can do play it's no longer able to be downloaded on the PS Store. So if you weren't able to get in before, try now as it seems to be working for a lot more people. I was able to get in easily last night on my first try, I was even able to log out and log into a multi-lobby.

Just the current equipped stuff, Zeni and TP Medals based on what you unlocked and accomplished in the first game. (TP Medals can be used to get certain skills instead of Zeni). For example, I got all the skills in the first game (got the Plat. trophy) and completed all PQs and the story mode and it gave me 250 TP Medals. While I've read from some other people that on a fresh save file (or without the story completed) they only managed to get 70 TP Medals. I'm not really sure how much all of what I did really adds up to, however. That will be something I imagine someone will take the time to figure out when the full game comes out.

Also, just so everyone is aware, the beta has been extended until tomorrow 10 AM CEST!

Source: https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/787987404753891329 (too lazy to screenshot)

However, only those who have the beta now can do play it's no longer able to be downloaded on the PS Store. So if you weren't able to get in before, try now as it seems to be working for a lot more people. I was able to get in easily last night on my first try, I was even able to log out and log into a multi-lobby.

Do we know how much zeni and medals you get for converting moves that can't be transferred (i.e. transformations and Beerus' moveset)? I'm trying to weigh my options and see whether it's worth it to send over Unlock Potential for the extra currency.

So this game has Black Goku, and Golden Frieza, but does it have Super Saiyan God with the Red/Blue hair?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw a trailer with the SSJ God forms.

Revven

Do we know how much zeni and medals you get for converting moves that can't be transferred (i.e. transformations and Beerus' moveset)? I'm trying to weigh my options and see whether it's worth it to send over Unlock Potential for the extra currency.

Just saw this now lol. Uh, I have no idea. And I think you mean Whis' moveset, his is the one that can't be transferred.

Well, off to bed.
And by the time I'm out of work the Beta will probably be over.
Here's my Saiyan character, Tayto.

I'm definitely remaking this character whenever I get the full game.
I just need to decide if I should keep the voice I chose for her. She's supposedly stoic, but hearing her during some actions made her sound too bored.

Tsunamo

I got to do a couple of things before the beta ended while I still had a hour left today, really neat that they gave everyone flying licenses on the last day.

The raidbosses are really fun. Even though it was only Great Ape Vegeta and it wasn't particularly difficult it's just amazingly fun working together with 5 other players to take down one giant boss, great addition.

PVP is as fun as the first one, but it seems like they've at least balanced it a bit more so we don't have the brokenness of Xenoverse 1's PVP. And one thing I hope they patch in or is in in the fullgame is the ability to change missions in online PQ lobbies. It's so tedious having to do a mission once then exit out and change to another one. I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to impliment.

The open beta's got me really excited for the fullgame, it feels like when I finally got Xenoverse 1 and it was a new and exciting Dragon Ball game, even without Super content (till the DLC anyway) i'm still enjoying the heck out of it.

BBboy20

PVP...eh, there still some semblance of wonkyness on hitboxes along with the netcode and weird suspicious of dudes able attack behind their backs despite teleporting behind them.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So from those screenshots it appears that your hairstyle doesn't change until you hit SSJ3.

Why they couldn't put in the effort to do that for the first two levels baffles me. ffs

LordKasual

Banned
So from those screenshots it appears that your hairstyle doesn't change until you hit SSJ3.

Why they couldn't put in the effort to do that for the first two levels baffles me. ffs

Seriously. I had a blast with Xenoverse 1, and i was Human anyway, but this is a particularly egregious oversight for a DBZ game.

And its really bad because this is a sequel. The visuals are literally identical to XV1, they couldn't go ahead and include 3 changing hair models for the SSJ forms is really turning me off from the game.

And considering this is Dimps, the people behind Budokai 3 and Burst Limit, it's really baffling how they let that slide twice.

Anyway, can anyone explain to me how SSJ works now? I'm happy they removed that ridiculous Infinite Ki attribute, but it looks like now it's just another generic tiny power boost with no real drawbacks?

Maligna

Banned
Doesn't feel like they added enough to justify this being a sequel... no kid forms, no other Buu but the fat one. Reused cutscenes for missions, reused arenas...

I'll probably wait until DBX3.

Doesn't feel like they added enough to justify this being a sequel... no kid forms, no other Buu but the fat one. Reused cutscenes for missions, reused arenas...

I'll probably wait until DBX3.

There are :
New areas ,
New characters ,
New skills ,
Raid MP missions ,
a very evident correction of the combo mecanics ,
Bigger hubs ,
more customisation options for your character.
Dragon ball Super content.

But you feel that , because they didn't put some areas in the trash can ,, areas that were fine already , it's not enough ?

Also , xenoverse 1 already had all 3 buu forms , so what else do you want ?

LordKasual

Banned
There are :
New areas ,
New characters ,
New skills ,
Raid MP missions ,
a very evident correction of the combo mecanics ,
Bigger hubs ,
more customisation options for your character.
Dragon ball Super content.

But you feel that , because they didn't put some areas in the trash can ,, areas that were fine already , it's not enough ?

Also , xenoverse 1 already had all 3 buu forms , so what else do you want ?

I'm still buying this game. But honestly everything shown so far in XV2 looks like it could have just been done with a big content patch.

As a sequel, I was expecting:

Improved visuals, animations and effects
Improved stage design and scale, those invisible walls are terrible
Increased environmental interactions
At the very least, hairstyles that accurately spike up when you transform.

Basically, the content difference from Budokai 2 to Budokai 3. But Xenoverse 2 isn't even the difference between Budokai 1 to Budokai 2.

It's more like Budokai 3 to Infinite World.

RedFox85

I'm still buying this game. But honestly everything shown so far in XV2 looks like it could have just been done with a big content patch.

As a sequel, I was expecting:

Improved visuals, animations and effects
Improved stage design and scale, those invisible walls are terrible
Increased environmental interactions
At the very least, hairstyles that accurately spike up when you transform.

Basically, the content difference from Budokai 2 to Budokai 3. But Xenoverse 2 isn't even the difference between Budokai 1 to Budokai 2.

It's more like Budokai 3 to Infinite World.

I don't feel like he's wrong.

Please don't take this as anyone trying to crap on a game you guys are excited about but I can totally get the sentiment that there just isn't enough here to feel like a real sequel. From the first gameplay reveal I was left with a similar impression, environmental interaction is one of the big ones for me as it was an area the first game was so obviously lacking, I thought it would have been so cool to see how much bigger the sequel would grow considering the success of the first game but it just looks like bamco played it super safe.

I will probably buy xenoverse 2 but I am totally of the opinion that it should have been so much more than what we are getting.

Is there content ? or not.?
Someone was arguing that there wasn't enough content and you're telling me that it's like a big content patch.

If you don't like new content , then fine ..i wasn't talking about that

Kalentan

So I really liked Xenoverse, whats the overall feelings towards 2? Will Goku Black be released as DLC down the line or keep him forever a pre-order bonus?

So I really liked Xenoverse, whats the overall feelings towards 2? Will Goku Black be released as DLC down the line or keep him forever a pre-order bonus?

Others have mentioned that Bandai Namco plans on handling things differently than they did with SS4 Vegeta for Xenoverse 1, so expect the character to be available at some point.

Kalentan

Others have mentioned that Bandai Namco plans on handling things differently than they did with SS4 Vegeta for Xenoverse 1, so expect the character to be available at some point.

Cool, there is a chance I won't be able to pre-order so I was wondering. For sure I don't want to get it too far after release cause I want to play when the community is at it's peak. :)

Though it did seem like the Xenoverse community did stick around on XBO for a while.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Seriously. I had a blast with Xenoverse 1, and i was Human anyway, but this is a particularly egregious oversight for a DBZ game.

And its really bad because this is a sequel. The visuals are literally identical to XV1, they couldn't go ahead and include 3 changing hair models for the SSJ forms is really turning me off from the game.

And considering this is Dimps, the people behind Budokai 3 and Burst Limit, it's really baffling how they let that slide twice.

Anyway, can anyone explain to me how SSJ works now? I'm happy they removed that ridiculous Infinite Ki attribute, but it looks like now it's just another generic tiny power boost with no real drawbacks?

Agreed, the first time I was like 'whatever', but with this they have no excuse. It's really fucking annoying and while it may be petty, I'm considering not buying this out of spite.

Top Bottom