• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupercal

Banned
Did they up Chilled's damage? I've got a better team as last time but he just wrecks me. 30k supers everytime even on weakness colors which are ssr'ed.

Wonder how much longer till they get to the Buu series for the story missions.

Thought with the long maintenance and the fact that I had to redownload 900 files it would of added more to the story.

Where is the story mode in the JPN version?

Skii

Man, the Japanese version is so much better. Straight off the bat, it gives you a shit ton of awakening medals and items including supreme and elder kai medals. Actual SSR rate ups as well as a guaranteed SSR pull makes me sad about how poor global is at the moment.

Man, the Japanese version is so much better. Straight off the bat, it gives you a shit ton of awakening medals and items including supreme and elder kai medals. Actual SSR rate ups as well as a guaranteed SSR pull makes me sad about how poor global is at the moment.

Well, they are just going through a 20 million download event so that's why you get all the awakening medals. Global will get there as it's only been less than 2 months. JPs been out since earlier this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
My first multi-pull in the JP version...
essb0.jpg
Heh.

Trying out the JP version now since everyone else seems to be doing it...does it seem graphically better and smoother in animations to anyone else?

I also see that they take a different approach to gifts. It looks like it's a "here's every item in the game" approach. Went in for like 50 or 60 gifts lol.

Maddness

Seeing nothing but awesome pulls from the JPN version.

Downloads and installs JPN version.

Initial pull is SR Roshi.

Second pull is SR awakened Yamcha.

Uninstalls JPN version of the game.

You probably turned on battery saver in the global version.

Oh right, there is that...didn't think it made that much of a difference.

Should I be multirolling on the guaranteed SSR, or the evolved TEQ chars? They're both looking so good, but that might just be because I'm so used to the global offerings.

I'm afraid to download the Japanese version because it seems to be like playing Global but with cheat codes on.

But...interesting I could have both on my phone.
It's been fun starting again and running through the first couple of stages with a level 20+ UR Cooler. :3

StMeph

Ignoring the one-time guaranteed SSR pull, what is the actual rate for pulling SSR from JP rate-up events?

Current estimates for Global have SSR rates between 2-3%, with some kind of rate-up for the SSRs featured in the banner (compared to other SSRs in the pool). What are Japan's rates like? 5-6% during rate-ups? That would be a pretty significant difference.

Are they planning to add more quests? Between missions and quests there's there's only 162 stones left. I really want SSR cards but I'm waiting for specific events so I don't want to waste them.

Just download the qooapp from the website when done install it go into the app and download the Dragonball game its on the front page and just play ...

I'm on the new Samsung phone nothing modded other than on setting allow to instsl apps from different sources

And enjoy it haha
Its fun I happen to have a ton more luck on the JP game 2 single pulls and 2 SSRs lol

This does not work on rooted phones. The game detects rooted phones and won't launch in the Japanese version.

Skii

Well, they are just going through a 20 million download event so that's why you get all the awakening medals. Global will get there as it's only been less than 2 months. JPs been out since earlier this year.

Oh, that's what its for! I still think the game is just a lot better and more fleshed out. Feel like you get a lot more medals as well from awakening events. Other people have similar opinions. Hoping global catches up but they are doing stuff worse with pulls and stuff like that which is a bit annoying.

My first multi-pull in the JP version...

Heh.

Is that from your guaranteed SSR summon? I'm like 2 stones away from doing mine and I don't want this TEQ event messing up my chances of getting a natural SSR.

chrono01

SSGSS Goku game data was added during the last download/update. Possible Resurrection F event when the SSJ2/Cell even ends tonight? We'll soon see!

I had 50 stones and just said fuck it, went for the multi pull.

Six out of my first eight were Ginyu force. Two Ginyus, two Recoomes, and two Jeices.

Then I got SR Teq Vegeta. And then SS2 Gohan. Just about lost my shit. My first SSR. I'm beyond excited.

SSGSS Goku game data was added during the last download/update. Possible Resurrection F event when the SSJ2/Cell even ends tonight? We'll soon see!

Hmmm odd. It seemed like they were inching up the list.

They had Perfect Cell / Father-Son Gohan and such added last time. And then they had stuff leading up to perfect Cell in the story mode. They recently had Mighty Mask which would be the beginning of the Buu saga. Seemed like they were going to move into the Buu saga. I was thinking they would add SSJ3 Goku, Majin Vegeta, etc. next and then move into BoG after that.

I guess they will start adding Buu's via Strike events or something? I want my Super Buu / Kid Buu!

chrono01

There go my stones if true o.o
Same here, haha.

Hmmm odd. It seemed like they were inching up the list.

They had Perfect Cell / Father-Son Gohan and such added last time. And then they had stuff leading up to perfect Cell in the story mode. They recently had Mighty Mask which would be the beginning of the Buu saga. Seemed like they were going to move into the Buu saga. I was thinking they would add SSJ3 Goku, Majin Vegeta, etc. next and then move into BoG after that.

I guess they will start adding Buu's via Strike events or something? I want my Super Buu / Kid Buu!
It's not a confirmation, since they could very well hold the event back until later. I hope they don't, since I'm eager to throw away all of the DS and get nothing for it.

I got 163 stones ready!!
Good luck to us all.

If I don't get my SSGSS Goku when the event comes around I'm gonna reroll. It's silly how much better my JPN deck is despite being way lower levels so I don't really care about throwing away my lone UR SSJ Goku.

chrono01

may the odds be ever in our favor!
I hunger for it.

The first event is SSGSS Goku, and SSGSS Vegeta is in a different one, correct? Either way I need to grind out stones. Bad.

Thank you! Now I need to grind up stones again. I want that SSGSS Vegeta.
Yes, SSGSS Vegeta is in a separate/different event. It'd be nice if they were both in the same one, but at least we have Golden Frieza to go along with SSGSS Goku.

If I don't get my SSGSS Goku when the event comes around I'm gonna reroll. It's silly how much better my JPN deck is despite being way lower levels so I don't really care about throwing away my lone UR SSJ Goku.
I'm almost tempted to do the same. I have SO many SSR [evolved from SR] but only one UR the one I re-rolled for]. I'm not sure if I want to start all over, though, I have a few Strike units with a max'd super, not to mention other rare drops [Kid Vegeta, AGL Freeza, Chilled, etc.].

I'll see how it goes and decide then, I guess.

Permanently A

Doubt it, Resurrection F would have a story event to go with it. My bet is we won't see RoF until the blu ray release.

This is likely our next summon event:

gasha_top_banner_00017.png

Doubt it, Resurrection F would have a story event to go with it. My bet is we won't see RoF until the blu ray release.

This is likely our next summon event:

gasha_top_banner_00017.png

I don't think the JPN version had a story event to go with it? At least not at the same time. Though if we go by the JPN version I'm pretty sure there is one more summon event between cell/gohan and RoF.

Flambe

Yeah I might finish grinding all the stones I can possibly get (almost done Z hard stuffs) and if that's depleted might as well =p

I feel almost the same way. I might just keep holding onto stones and then burning them all at a certain point. If I don't get anything decent I'll reroll the entire account. Who knows when we'll get some decent promo events here.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The SSGSS cards I saw added weren't even the ones from the summon event though. I know the at least Goku is only SR. The low cost makes me think he's just a character you can obtain.

Permanently A

Man to be honest they are trolling us on all fronts. The Trunks banner, the SSGSS sprites added to the game today, and the Buu, Beerus, and Final Form Frieza (that drops from RoF event) link skills

I don't know what to think. gg bandai no re

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That final form freeza has appeared in skill links for a while now. After the update I see nothing mentioning Golden Freeza still so I doubt the next one is SSGSS, and I doubt we'll see it for a bit.

At this point I'm just waiting for them to bring back Mecha Freeza for a strike character. Plan is to get 20 and dokkan awaken one so both can go on my team with my Final Form Freeza. Kinda makes me want to do random pulls to try and get 2nd or 3rd form.

I decided to go back and reroll because my team was meh (I kept the transfer stuff just in case) but now I can't even redownload and open the app. It opens, downloads, plays the cinematic, then crashes. Again and again. Any ideas?

Permanently A

I decided to go back and reroll because my team was meh (I kept the transfer stuff just in case) but now I can't even redownload and open the app. It opens, downloads, plays the cinematic, then crashes. Again and again. Any ideas?

I think they screwed up in the update somewhere, lots of folks were reporting being unable to login.

thaOwner

Are you on iOS by any chance ? Haven't been able to play since update this morning.

Yeah, it wasn't installing the second update, like the big one just the initial one. I recovered my account, it said "New Data!" and I got to go through the big update. Super stupid but I guess I'll do it whenever they fix it.

As an aside, this is what I've got at the moment. Should I power it out, or reroll like I planned on doing?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xWOfhjE.png[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom