• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Sometimes it's not meant to be but in my case I threw everything I had at the Gogeta banners when he first came out and when he first reappeared (and spent a bunch of money on it too) without getting him.

I got him later in an unrelated banner when I wasn't even aiming for him (can't remember which one it was).

Yeah I'm not too worried about him at this point. I'd have loved to have him but I figure the next step for JP is inevitably rainbow neo gods. I might as well just start saving up stones again and hope for whatever that turns out to be.

Durden77

I'm doin pretty ok against Frieza level 3 with my ratchet team of

SS Vegeta lead
SS Tein (dude helps a lot)
Baby Vegeta
Pinch
SS Jackie Chun
Whis
LR Goku friend

If I could just get LR Goku myself it'd be pretty easy. Right now I have to use a few items.

I'm doin pretty ok against Frieza level 3 with my ratchet team of

SS Vegeta lead
SS Tein (dude helps a lot)
Baby Vegeta
Pinch
SS Jackie Chun
Whis
LR Goku friend

If I could just get LR Goku myself it'd be pretty easy. Right now I have to use a few items.

So Tien is good then? Thought about grinding him yesterday but deferred to Vegeta instead. Guess I'll do that next week. I've done almost nothing with SS since I started my account except for the Fattenks and Skinnytenks.

Phase 1 of Frieza is done. Has anyone done super? What team did you use to minimize item use? I can't do Tien because I don't have him, I have the medals...but that drop rate ugh! Unless he's just there for support?

Phase 1 of Frieza is done. Has anyone done super? What team did you use to minimize item use? I can't do Tien because I don't have him, I have the medals...but that drop rate ugh! Unless he's just there for support?

literally the posts above yours champ

you can swap Tien for any other Agi characters you can use in a pinch. he's useful but not essential.

literally the posts above yours champ

you can swap Tien for any other Agi characters you can use in a pinch. he's useful but not essential.
I saw that, I was asking for a replacement to Tien :p. I don't have him and the horror stories of multiple STA bars with no drop scare me.
Just saw the edit now :p. Okay thanks

I saw that, I was asking for a replacement to Tien :p. I don't have him and the horror stories of multiple STA bars with no drop scare me.

I didn't really have a problem with Tien drops. I did 10 runs and got 6, just didn't dedicate enough time to it to get 15 cards + medals. Nothing will ever ever ever compare to Arale.

Durden77

So Tien is good then? Thought about grinding him yesterday but deferred to Vegeta instead. Guess I'll do that next week. I've done almost nothing with SS since I started my account except for the Fattenks and Skinnytenks.

He's very useful. Considering the AGL units are pretty much just there to tank damage until LR Goku gets his rocks off, his passive where he has a solid chance to stun Frieza by just entering the field can be very useful. And since he gets extreme damage (most SS characters get huge), he can tack on some solid damage to Frieza in the mean time.

But if you don't have LR Goku Vegeta is still probably more important due to his leader skill, so you made the right first choice.

His drop rate is indeed pretty awful for a Strike character at this point. Took me around 3-4 stamina bars just to get enough to max out his SA. You get double drops every now and then to ease the pain, but yeah it's bad.

I'd definitely recommend him if you're in this for the long haul, just try not to rush it and you'll be fine. I rushed it but I kinda regret the stones I spent.

He'a very useful. Considering the AGL units are pretty much just there to tank damage until LR Goku gets his rocks off, his passive where he has a solid chance to stun Frieza by just entering the field can be very useful. And since he gets extreme damage (most SS characters get huge), he can tack on some solid damage to Frieza in the mean time.

His drop rate is indeed pretty awful. Took me around 3-4 stamina bars just to get enough to max out his SA. You get double drops every now and then to ease the pain, but yeah it's bad.

I'd definitely recommend him if you're in this for the long haul, just try not to rush it and you'll be fine. I rushed it but I kinda regret the stones I spent.

I didn't really have a problem with Tien drops. I did 10 runs and got 6, just didn't dedicate enough time to it to get 15 cards + medals. Nothing will ever ever ever compare to Arale.

Just get one drop and dokkan it. He's only there for his passive anyways.

LR Goku does all the work

Yeah that stun seems like it'd be useful. I don't have any of his cards(probably baba'd or used it as fonder it a while back) so I'll just wait for his event to come back, in the meantime I'll just a replacement AGL and see how it goes. Thanks guys.

Yeah that stun seems like it'd be useful. I don't have any of his cards(probably baba'd or used it as fonder it a while back) so I'll just wait for his event to come back, in the meantime I'll just a replacement AGL and see how it goes. Thanks guys.

He's a brand new card that just came out a few weeks ago, and he comes back every Monday with the other AGL Super Strikes. You'll get your chance again next week.

oh the bulma event is still up, wonder if I should grind out another 20 runs before it leaves so I have enough medals for the valentine's bulma..

He's a brand new card that just came out a few weeks ago, and he comes back every Monday with the other AGL Super Strikes. You'll get your chance again next week.

he's not brand new, his card was around before(I had the stage cleared) just now he comes a SS.

edit: Beat LR Frieza, but needed to use 1 baba, 2 senzus, and 2 TEQ orb changers.

SnakeEyes

Banned
My team:
- LR Goku Leader
- AGL Angel SS Vegeta
- AGL Tien (Super Strike)
- AGL Piqhuhan (Super Strike)
- TEQ - Jackie Chun (Super Strike)
- AGL Whis (Hero/Villain Extermination event)
- LR Goku Friend

Tien is not entirely necessary but he's great for his Stunning ability. Otherwise you can just build a team entirely around damage. I've even heard of people building Mono-TEQ teams using Skinnytenks as Leader and Friend and then have an LR Goku on the team for all-out DPS.

SnakeEyes

Banned
He hasn't had an in-game announcement so I don't think the banner will actually arrive tomorrow. I'm thinking Friday.
Well, there is the new Super stage announcement for the Horrific Cell Games dokkan fight, so I'd say that it's as good a hint as any. I'd be more willing to bet that they'd have him up as of end of maintenance.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My team:
- LR Goku Leader
- AGL Angel SS Vegeta
- AGL Tien (Super Strike)
- AGL Piqhuhan (Super Strike)
- TEQ - Jackie Chun (Super Strike)
- AGL Whis (Hero/Villain Extermination event)
- LR Goku Friend

Tien is not entirely necessary but he's great for his Stunning ability. Otherwise you can just build a team entirely around damage. I've even heard of people building Mono-TEQ teams using Skinnytenks as Leader and Friend and then have an LR Goku on the team for all-out DPS.
I don't got LR Goku yet, I'm about 350 medals short. I also don't got Tien, angel Vegeta, or Pikkon.

I'm doing this:
Strike Vegeta
Jackie Chain
AGL perfect cell(to lower enemy attack as passive)
AGL Whis
Pinch
Baby Vegeta
Friend LR Goku

I really hope this maintenance doesn't have the stupid no force quits. Pls

Syntsui

I played on emulator with root on for some time and I'm currently on an OnePlus phone, which supposedly should trigger the root flag and I could see the maintenance screen.

So hopefully only cheaters were banned and there were no innocents among them.

Sec0nd

I've got a feeling that trying to raise the SA of LR Freeza by farming him on stage one isn't the way to go. Haven't had him drop at all after the first. Is there another, better way?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've got a feeling that trying to raise the SA of LR Freeza by farming him on stage one isn't the way to go. Haven't had him drop at all after the first. Is there another, better way?
Yeah there's two farmable SR First Form Freezas. One from the Full Power Freeza dokkan event and the other from the Bardock story event.

The one you're trying for has a 1% drop rate so I wouldn't recommend continuing it

Yeah Freeza has a 1% chance to drop in that stage so you're wasting your time with that. The best way to level up Freeze's SA is to get the SR Freeza from pulling them in summons or waiting for the Bardock story event and Farming up the Agl Freezas. Awakening them only has a 50% chance to level up LR Freezas SA but is much better then trying your luck with that SSR Freeza (That should be used to unlock his dupe paths). Later down the line there will be a stage 4 where you fight LR Freeza but this time he is Agl which makes things easier and has a 10% chance to drop SSR Freeza.

It's been there for a day or so. I don't blame you for not noticing, this Cell is very forgettable.

And well the end time for the news of dokkan event announcements has always coincided with the event and summon dropping. You can see that here
https://dbz.space/news/100528-the-horrific-cell-games-new-stage

Oh, I must've totally glossed over it. I've already decided I'm gonna skip this banner entirely so my brain must've just filtered it out. My b.

Game's back up. Patch notes vague af. Cell banner is still bad.

Dumb question but how long was it before the Future Trunks story event returns. I just pulled Ikari Trunks (Fucking finally) and I have no Trunks unit to raise his SA. I know I can reverse Dokkan him later but just curious.

Xanru

Decided to do a couple multi's on Cell hoping for an ss2 gohan dupe or a Gogeta dupe, got two STR cell's instead. It's a terribly 1st world problem to not be happy about that, but he's gonna sit in my box until STR Janemba drops.

MiTYH

I've got most of the banner cards, and with LR Majin Vegeta around the corner, the banner is a skipfest for me. Of course, when next week comes.... we'll see

People seem to be having a good time with LR Broly VS the new cell? I'll load up an Omega team and hopefully be just as good, those usually seem to work

J4g3r

Pulled Omega finally with a salty single on Cell's banner.

That's me done until SSJ4s drop.

I say this but I just know I'll try for LR Majin Vegeta when that releases.

LR Broly really does make this a joke. Which is good, because an absurd amount of medals are needed. 77 for Cell, 77 for LR Gohan, 35 for SS2 Gohan, 35 for Android 17, 35 for Android 18, 21 for TEQ Cell.

Meneses

What is everyone who doesn't have LR Broly using for Cell's final stage? I haven't tried it yet, just finishing the base Frieza grind first.

I was gonna try Mono AGL but it seems there's a TEQ phase which is kinda tough, so I don't really know.

MiTYH

What is everyone who doesn't have LR Broly using for Cell's final stage? I haven't tried it yet, just finishing the base Frieza grind first.

I was gonna try Mono AGL but it seems there's a TEQ phase which is kinda tough, so I don't really know.

Mono-STR with LR Broly Friend. Granted I've got Omega, Gogeta, for damage and SSJ3 Vegeta for blocking (STR Cell super did about 3k). Breezed through all three stages relatively easily. Broly really was the MVP though, final stage Cell healed to full, Broly did an Ultimate x2, Gogeta finished with a super. Done and done

Top Bottom