• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I actually have the strike AGL Vegeta at SA10 already, what kind of team is best taken in for his Stage 2 for the medals? I tried just a Super Vegito solo with Super Vegito friend but that didn't go at all how I expected.

Hard to say. The trick I do is to find a Gotenks friends and try to build a teq team that fits the cost.

MiTYH

Hard to say. The trick I do is to find a Gotenks friends and try to build a teq team that fits the cost.

Exactly what I do for all the SS medals now.

1. Find god friend
2. Build team of SRs to fill in
3. Beat event with ease

SOMETIMES you need a senzu if bad positioning, but most of the time this works wonders

Of course, good luck finding a GODTenks today. All I see are AGL eladers and LR Gokus

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I really fell off on my LR Frieza team efforts a month or so back. Still need to farm up a shit load of Pikkons to get him dokkaned and at SA15 and get everyone else to max awaken/level.
I also totally spaced on farming up Pinich's SA. Woops.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you replace Phy kid buu for the Teq one the team would be better. It's not an amazing team but with 18 providing Ki links and having Kid Buu be a bit self sufficient you could make a decent team provided you take Rose as your friend lead.

Yeah Bandai would probably have Broly on the Cell banner to try and get some stones but the SSJ4s are too good, so I'll save and skip that banner.

Thanks,

just realized that so far ive ignored pretty much all of my SR units and never leveled or evolved them Some of them have quite useful links and passives though. For example Buutenks...didnt know he can seal Super, could use him on a Extreme team. Or Buucolo INT...Pan with +3 TEQ Ki also seems nice.

Some of the Baba shop units have been on sale lately for 21k point...is that a regular thing now ? I think i will buy a unit since i have enough points. Which one would be recommended ? Obv. i would like a good Extreme unit but i might also go for Master Roshi MAX Power...i think Linkent said he would be a good choice for teaming up with LR Broly.

linkent

Thanks,

just realized that so far ive ignored pretty much all of my SR units and never leveled or evolved them Some of them have quite useful links and passives though. For example Buutenks...didnt know he can seal Super, could use him on a Extreme team. Or Buucolo INT...Pan with +3 TEQ Ki also seems nice.

Some of the Baba shop units have been on sale lately for 21k point...is that a regular thing now ? I think i will buy a unit since i have enough points. Which one would be recommended ? Obv. i would like a good Extreme unit but i might also go for Master Roshi MAX Power...i think Linkent said he would be a good choice for teaming up with LR Broly.
Buutenks is really nice.
He can be dokkaned too.
OiAF link with Gogeta.

Currently all baba item is having 30% discount and it applies to those card too.
All of those card are mini GodLead. Also SA can be raised with the SR card from summon.
Also their passive is high chance of +atk/ki to their respective color.
Roshi is also another OiAF card for that sweet +3ki.

cw_sasuke

Buutenks is really nice.
He can be dokkaned too.
OiAF link with Gogeta.

Currently all baba item is having 30% discount and it applies to those card too.
All of those card are mini GodLead. Also SA can be raised with the SR card from summon.
Also their passive is high chance of +atk/ki to their respective color.
Roshi is also another OiAF card for that sweet +3ki.

Oh nice...is this the first time Items are on discount ? Seems like i should get on it before the prices go up again.

Considering i have SV, Buuhan, Broly....i should probably get the STR and TEQ Mini Godlead.

PS. I looked into that Dokkan Page again...man there are alot of SR units that can be dokkaned...i really thought they were all Fodder.

Oh nice...is this the first time Items are on discount ? Seems like i should get on it before the prices go up again.

Considering i have SV, Buuhan, Broly....i should probably get the STR and TEQ Mini Godlead.

PS. I looked into that Dokkan Page again...man there are alot of SR units that can be dokkaned...i really thought they were all Fodder.

Make a box on dbz.space, it will tell you exactly which units can be dokkaned at a glance.

cw_sasuke

Make a box on dbz.space, it will tell you exactly which units can be dokkaned at a glance.

Heh yeah - i have a box on dbz.space...just never bothered with adding non-ssr units...thought they were all useless. Guess i was wrong there.

Lagamorph

Looking at the news thing we were supposed to get Frieza as a login bonus.

I didn't, I got an AGL awakened SR Kid Goten that's at Level 51 for some reason as a login gift today.

There's no freeza login bonus, what you smokin'

Edit: oh wait you mean the TEQ freeza, that doesn't go up till much later, read the time that is listed.

It's a free unit, can't expect too much from it really. He only ki links with other freeza ppl.
But I guess it would make a decent filler unit on an extreme team if you don't have anything better, since he does have big bad bosses link.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man the amount of SA10 super strike Vegetas I see on my friends list today is just gross.

Step it up, people.

So glad LR Frieza is a weekly rotating banner. I'm not even close to ready for it. Made a half-assed team today and just got wrecked.
I'm regretting selling off old free cards so hard right now....

Anoregon

So glad LR Frieza is a weekly rotating banner. I'm not even close to ready for it. Made a half-assed team today and just got wrecked.

I only tried the first fight, which I beat without much trouble. But I know my current team aint ready for prime time.

Is Super Strike Tien worth a shit for this? He has no links other than Super Strike, but he has an exteme super modifier instead of the standard heavy, which means at SA15 he's basically Supreme. Also not sure if his stun is a once per fight at the start or an actual % chance every turn.

MiTYH

Looked at my team for LR Frieza... I'm unprepared, but only due to levels/awakening.

*MANY FP SUMMONS LATER*

And I'm stuck. Got Pikkon and Angel Vegeta Dokkaned, but not fully awoken, due to lack of Corrin medals.

Also managed to get my FINAL android SA! I've got a good chunk of the medals to get it almost up to my LR version (4 paths already opened). So... yeah. If only I had Corrin medals. Ah well, lower priority for now

Meneses

I'm having an easy time (just a few healing items and a damage mitigation or Usher here and there) with

Strike Vegeta leader
Strike Paikuhan
Strike Tien
Whis
Baby Vegeta
Perfect Cell (that I have at SA9 lol I must have been frustrated farming him or something, can't remember)

Friend is usually LR Goku.

I could probably improve the team but this is working and i'm lazy.

Cruxist

So, I'm finally going to work on my LR Goku in Japan. Holy crap, this is going to be a grind. Wish I was ready back when he was up daily, but alas.

MiTYH

I'm having an easy time (just a few healing items and a damage mitigation or Usher here and there) with

Strike Vegeta leader
Strike Paikuhan
Strike Tien
Whis
Baby Vegeta
Perfect Cell (that I have at SA9 lol I must have been frustrated farming him or something, can't remember)

That's for stage 3, right?

Anoregon

Strike Vegeta leader
Strike Paikuhan
Strike Tien
Whis
Baby Vegeta

That's exactly what my team will be once I finish leveling folks. Ideally with a friend LR Goku but they seem few and far between.

Strike Vegeta leader
Strike Paikuhan
Strike Tien
Whis
Baby Vegeta

That's what I use except with Pinich instead of Cell, since I got him to SA10. I have the Cell too though. LR Goku does all the work, but I'm kinda worried for stage 3, since I already burn some items on stage 2.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This event is so much easier than LR Goku when he first dropped. At most you could only block with advantage with 3/4 people on your team and none of those cards hit nearly as hard as LR Goku does. Here your full team could be AGL if you wanted it to be and if it isn't LR Goku just melts of Freeza's HP.

Meneses

That's what I use except with Pinich instead of Cell, since I got him to SA10. I have the Cell too though. LR Goku does all the work, but I'm kinda worried for stage 3, since I already burn some items on stage 2.

Stage 3 has been pretty doable. I do use a few healing items but depending on my orb / enemy positioning / enemy super RNG, I only need maybe one damage reduction item.

And Whis helps with the free heal, if you manage to time it right.

I did three runs of stage 3 so far and never used all my items on any given run. The other stages didn't give me any noticeable trouble.

LR Goku does all the heavy lifting, and I managed to find SA 20 friends every time. It will probably be much harder without him. The rest of the team chips in with attack reduction and a stun here and there.

Strike Vegeta leader
Strike Paikuhan
Strike Tien
Whis
Baby Vegeta

I'm doing

SS Vegeta
AGL Whis
SS Tao(can Frieza be stunned? I've supered a few times with no stun, if he's unstunnable I'ma switch this out).
Baby Vegeta
Perfect Cell(I didn't bother to SA 10 him, droprate was shit last I remember)
Pinich
Friend: LR Goku

Need to farm for the Vegeta that DA into Angel Vegeta next time that event comes

Durden77

Got my Frieza to SA 10. Had pretty good luck with my 50% chances, on the first try I went 5/5 which was amazing. Then missed 3, and then went 3/3.

But fuck Frieza for now, I gotta farm some STR medals. After the Trunks farm and awakening all those 1st form friezas I have like 0 STR medals. Gonna farm that stage for a while while it's there.

Got my Frieza to SA 10. Had pretty good luck with my 50% chances, on the first try I went 5/5 which was amazing. Then missed 3, and then went 3/3.

But fuck Frieza for now, I gotta farm some STR medals. After the Trunks farm and awakening all those 1st form friezas I have like 0 STR medals. Gonna farm that stage for a while while it's there.

I did 5 of them them at 5% and got none. Then I did a Vidal at 1% and got it. FeelsBadMan

Meneses

I'm doing

SS Vegeta
AGL Whis
SS Tao(can Frieza be stunned? I've supered a few times with no stun, if he's unstunnable I'ma switch this out).
Baby Vegeta
Perfect Cell(I didn't bother to SA 10 him, droprate was shit last I remember)
Pinich
Friend: LR Goku

Need to farm for the Vegeta that DA into Angel Vegeta next time that event comes

Frieza can definitely be stunned, actually I just had a run where I got some pretty lucky stuns, only used 1 senzu and 1 Yemma.

Durden77

Does Tien have the most garbage drop rate or is it just me? Chautzu has appeared multiple times and I still don't get shit.

I'm thinkin if I get him and LR Goku I should be good to go on Frieza. Is Tien or Pikkon better?

linkent

port begging most likely from the looks of it
Ahhh, thought he is banned for saying hooligan is bad. Lol.

Playing without using godlead sure is unfun now.
No more 100/200k hp.
Consider putting Jackie Chun for a sealer.
With him and whis+pikkon combo, only use green wulong for LR Goku on stage 3 if whis passive proc.
Baby Vegeta doesnt seem to be good currently.
But will get much better when we can rotate babyV+babyV2.

So current team
LR Goku x2
SS Pikkon, Jackie, Tien, Vegeta
Whis.

Durden77

Spent most of the day and too many stones fpr refills on getting Tein completed today before he bailed. Started from scratch and got him to SA15 today. His drop rate was fucking garbage and I died twice in his super strike mission because of stupid things so it was pretty horrible, but at least I can replace my horrible SR AGL Meta Cooler now in my Frieza team.

I also finished Vegeta today but I had him much closer to completion already. Even though the Strikes are far more trouble than they're worth at this point, finishing SS characters feels good. I wish that had more worth to them to urge me to collect them all.

MiTYH

It's been a while since I had to run the medal events but.. did they get a buff? Running hard AGL, I get maybe 10 silvers and 7 bronzes. That's so much better than I thought. I'll only need to run it a few times today to dokkan all the AGL units for Frieza, should be able to seriously start tackling him later today or tomorrow

Lagamorph

Which STR Frieza is best to Dokkan? First form or second form? Or do they both come out the same? (So same Leader/Passive/Links)

You mean the Baba SSB Goku? I'd say go with GT Goku. He's still a good little SSR.

Yeah it's likely the baba SSB. Pretty sure it was one JP have away at some point. I'll stick with GT Goku then. My PHY really is a bit lame though with 36 cost Trunks in there and Pan :/

I'd pull for VB but at around 1300 stones on his banners it's time to accept defeat lol

Meneses

Yeah it's likely the baba SSB. Pretty sure it was one JP have away at some point. I'll stick with GT Goku then. My PHY really is a bit lame though with 36 cost Trunks in there and Pan :/

I'd pull for VB but at around 1300 stones on his banners it's time to accept defeat lol

Sometimes it's not meant to be but in my case I threw everything I had at the Gogeta banners when he first came out and when he first reappeared (and spent a bunch of money on it too) without getting him.

I got him later in an unrelated banner when I wasn't even aiming for him (can't remember which one it was).

Top Bottom