• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Durden77

OH MY GOD BABA FINALLY GAVE ME A RILDO MEDAL.

I swear the only time I get anything from her is when I'm in a haze. This morning I woke up an hour before work for some reason and barely had the energy to check the shop before going back to sleep, and lo and behold. Last time I was hanging out with my sister until like 5AM and checked the shop right before I passed out hard.

Also, so far my WT team is having no trouble getting LR MV to 18 ki, most of the time I'm hitting 24 ki. Feels good man. AGL Android 18 is actually pretty damn clutch.

Current WT team. Using Super Vegito as friend since I'd rather have his passive than SS4 Vegeta's. Also when tf did that SSJ Goku get a dokkan? Now I have to grind out medals this weekend :p

9GTpvHb.png

LNBL

Jesus thats a lot of SSR pulls you can get from the WT. Think ill save them up until i unlock them all and then go all in

denebj

Neo Member
This WT the teams are hitting pretty hard, not sure if it is because of the dupe system ... Got hit by SV on my TEQ GF - 70% dmg reduction, took a 80k blow. Cannot imagine a non blocker ahahahahahaha

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This WT the teams are hitting pretty hard, not sure if it is because of the dupe system ... Got hit by SV on my TEQ GF - 70% dmg reduction, took a 80k blow. Cannot imagine a non blocker ahahahahahaha
That's not possible, golden freeza should never get hit that hard unless his passive isn't active. And yes his passive only activates at the start of the round, healing during doesn't reactivate it.

Kyou

Yeah considering not using a nuke team anymore

Two non type advantage regular attacks almost ended me on 3x,much less something higher

This is definitely a harder WT than previous tournaments. I don't know if my non-optimized mono-strength team is going to do too well. I might have to go rainbow with VB as leader.

L Thammy

Whoever suggested before that I go after Gogeta first, thanks! I finally beat a dokkan event. Well, not counting that one time I got pissed off at Kid Buu oneshotting me and used a continue.

Actually, this anniversary event is programming my brain to treat Dragon Stones as if I have an unlimited supply. I keep thinking "okay, I'll replenish my stamina just this one time".

When I was playing before, I think it was World Tournament 2 and 3? I noticed a difficulty jump too but I figured that was the reason. Some of the enemies are taking small fractions of their health even when I hit them with SSR Black or whatever, and I'm not even at a particularly high tier.

denebj

Neo Member
That's not possible, golden freeza should never get hit that hard unless his passive isn't active. And yes his passive only activates at the start of the round, healing during doesn't reactivate it.

Completely possible :) I had full health ;) I was like WTH :-O When you think about it TEQ GF takes 30% of the damage so the full damage is around 266k

I was reading on reddit that the dupe system for the unit in the WT make them hit harder .

denebj

Neo Member
Yeah considering not using a nuke team anymore

Two non type advantage regular attacks almost ended me on 3x,much less something higher

I am using that team in the end :
- Rose
- Black
- LR Broly
- Janemba
- TEQ GF
- Fasha

It is working fairly well , most of the time I have enough ki for Broly. I like having 2 tanks especially for x20 .

I just pulled TEQ SSJ Bardock as well. Got both TEQ and INT (twice) now. Very happy with my GSSR pulls, I literally got the two cards I wanted most from this pool, one wasn't even featured. Dreams do come true!

L787Qac.png

That's my 20 win streaks done, I'm gonna do the rest casually I think up to 30 wins for the kais. I'll see where I end up ranking-wise. Oh and as you can see, not a single SSR from the DB Banner. It's so trash.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Completely possible :) I had full health ;) I was like WTH :-O When you think about it TEQ GF takes 30% of the damage so the full damage is around 266k

I was reading on reddit that the dupe system for the unit in the WT make them hit harder .
There is no way that's correct. There's just no chance sv is punching golden freeza for 266k. He has the type disadvantage which means he'd normally hit for over 400k. Super damage would be well over 2 million then..
Even with a disadvantage, my black took "only" 70k damage from a punch from lr broly.

Golden freeza has the advantage, reduces damage a fuckton and sv doesn't punch as hard as lr broly.

Xanru

There is no way that's correct. There's just no chance sv is punching golden freeza for 266k. He has the type disadvantage which means he'd normally hit for over 400k. Super damage would be well over 2 million then..
Even with a disadvantage, my black took "only" 70k damage from a punch from lr broly.

Golden freeza has the advantage, reduces damage a fuckton and sv doesn't punch as hard as lr broly.
WT has always had absolutely insane damage spikes, I was punched neutrally by an omega shenron for 100k damage last WT, when the biggest I had taken up until that point from a neutral hit was 50~55k. I've had resisted hits do damage there's no way they should be doing, and ss3 Vegeta taking 30k damage from punches. I'm certain WT just spikes enemy damage just to try and kill the player arbitrarily.

WT has always had absolutely insane damage spikes, I was punched neutrally by an omega shenron for 100k damage last WT, when the biggest I had taken up until that point from a neutral hit was 50~55k. I've had resisted hits do damage there's no way they should be doing, and ss3 Vegeta taking 30k damage from punches. I'm certain WT just spikes enemy damage just to try and kill the player arbitrarily.

Yeah I don't rule anything out with WT, I've seen some shit. That's why I'm living on this new "just don't take a hit" policy and it has worked out. No more worry that if I don't watch the screen for half a secodn and get supered I'm fucked. I just let my stunners stun or pop an usher and it's hakuna matata

MiTYH

People running Mono AGL (SSJ4 or SV) at higher x difficulty... how are you finding it?

I've got a decent range of variety in my local tourney teams to face, but there's this one mono-teq team that I faced in 10x. Wasn't fun, but the rest seem to be going alright. I do need some more Piccolo cards for SA so I'm trying to do decently in this tourney

EDIT: DAMNIT I lost in the final round against a super'd SV. Couldn't close the app fast enough. Only at x15, wish I had just used a baba to be safe. Ah well, it was only 7 wins, they'll be time enough to get 20 again

Arrrammis

Here's the team I'm using:

I'll probably swap out Majin Vegeta, but at the moment he's good to have against the mono AGL teams in case Broly can't finish them off, or if the rotation doesn't work in my favor (i.e. Broly not appearing until the third turn).

Durden77

Man, it feels so good to make LR Majin Vegeta work in WT. With my team it's really not an issue getting him to 18 ki. If anything I have to just use 1 Oolong item sometimes, which was about what I had to do when I used a Broly friend. And he's eating EVERYTHING, even TEQ units at 20x. Also I finally maxed his level today, so he's as maxed as I can possibly get him without dupes.

I kind of sucks that what I thought would happen when he was announced happened though has happened though, it was just at the time I never thought I would ever get the AGL one. My TEQ MV that I put a lot of investment into (SA 10, 2 dupes), is now completely obsolete, similar to the old STR Broly. I'm glad that he can fully replace him, but I wish I could get some of the investment back. You fought hard, soldier.

Even with that though, as usual my local pool seems pretty rough. I'm at 8 wins and I'm rank like 15. Dunno how hard I'm gonna fight for those top spots, but I would at least like the 80 marks.

I kind of sucks that what I thought would happen when he was announced happened though has happened though, it was just at the time I never thought I would ever get the AGL one. My TEQ MV that I put a lot of investment into (SA 10, 2 dupes), is now completely obsolete, similar to the old STR Broly. I'm glad that he can fully replace him, but I wish I could get some of the investment back. You fought hard, soldier.
He's not obsolete - he's TEQ and the new one is AGL. There's still a spot for him if you are running into a ton of mono agl teams (assuming he'd do more dmg than LR MV to a mono agl team).

Yeah there's zero reason to ever use TEQ MV anymore if you have the LR. He's as obsolete as OG STR Broly.

Lol sorry meant the free 50 plus from app being #1 grossing. Not mad, just a lot of grinding ahead of me with pulls from this anniversary.

Don't forget you can get Broly to SA10 without kais by farming the card that drops from berserker of destruction stage 1. Awaken to SSR for a 50% chance. It's gonna take time and resources but it's worth it.

Durden77

He's not obsolete - he's TEQ and the new one is AGL. There's still a spot for him if you are running into a ton of mono agl teams (assuming he'd do more dmg than LR MV to a mono agl team).

It doesn't matter. The LRs with AOEs crush everything no matter the type.

Yup, I rarely run into Mono TEQ teams, but I have once so far and he even crushed that with one super. Maybe if he wasn't at SA 20 he wouldn't, but if he is then he will kill everything. TEQ MV is done, LR is just too strong.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
You guys are making me want to pull for an LR but I just know it'll be a waste of stones. I think I dropped 300 trying for Broly last time.

Jealous? Well you should be.

Damn man, I just feed the extra to my other units lol.

Pulled Father-son gallick gun Vegeta and Trunks back-to-back. That's some kind of thing. Pretty much saving all SSB Vegetas for if/when I pull the INT one to raise his SA because he's not very useful to me, except for the AGI and STR ones.

Also got the STR z-sword Gohan with the horrible passive. All I really want from my GSSR pulls is INT/TEQ SSJ Bardock. Still don't have any of the sealer SSJ Bardocks.

omg...I finally have things you don't! I have both the TEQ and the INT SSJ Bardock :O!

EDIT: OH GODDAMMIT!

You guys are making me want to pull for an LR but I just know it'll be a waste of stones. I think I dropped 300 trying for Broly last time.

Don't do it, at the very least wait for a double rates banner or until they show up on their type banners, those should both offer better odds than this shitty banner.

omg...I finally have things you don't! I have both the TEQ and the INT SSJ Bardock :O!

Should I tell him?

Meneses

I don't know who I should get with the Red gem. The smart thing would be to get a Frieza dupe, but I don't know if i'm even gonna use him. I kinda want to get Broly or Cell for old time's sake (I could never pull them), but i'd probably use them even less.

I don't know who I should get with the Red gem. The smart thing would be to get a Frieza dupe, but I don't know if i'm even gonna use him. I kinda want to get Broly or Cell for old time's sake (I could never pull them), but i'd probably use them even less.

I feel like getting Broly just to open a dupe path and make mine even stronger while I slowly cry realizing I will never get LR Broly.

Durden77

In the same boat. I used my first for FP Frieza, but I dunno if I should go for a dupe. Then again I really don't know what else I should go for besides a SSJ3 dupe. He's nice on a LR MV team because of OiaF, but I still don't know if he'll find a place. He's on my WT team now though.

Un fuckin real. I have a 10 game win streak going and a VB supers me for 348k damage and I lose my damn win streak...... the rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Durden77

Oh SHIT another Rildo medal from Baba! Two today! I don't hate you as much anymore old lady.

I hope I can get two more but I can call it a win at this point, considering I can get two more when the event comes back.

Wait we get a second red stone? (I'm at work - do I have a gift waiting for me?)

It's a reward from getting 5 wins in the WT

Un fuckin real. I have a 10 game win streak going and a VB supers me for 348k damage and I lose my damn win streak...... the rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why didn't you close the app?

fuck the preliminaries where the opponent runs and I just keep getting 2s. It's so fuckin annoying.

Shouta

Hmm, INT Ultimate Gohan or FP Freeza for my second Red Stone? I have LR Gohan and I only need one more medal to get him up to that when the event hits. I'm lacking INT units so it'd be nice to get another but unlocking a branch for FP Freeza would be nice if I fed him some super attack levels.

Or I could go with that old-ass Broly because I still need an AOE attack. -_-

Top Bottom