• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I know the Black and Buuhan grinds were awful but I have completely no memory of them because it's just mindless grinding that I do while watching shit. Did the Pikon grind last monday the same way but that one was alright, I had good 50/50 luck on drops and upgrades.

I wonder if anyone here has done the Rage Trunks grind. Aiii probably has. I know I will if I pull him but I've been buying those future trunks saga medals every chance I get to make it a little easier.

Meneses

I know the Black and Buuhan grinds were awful but I have completely no memory of them because it's just mindless grinding that I do while watching shit. Did the Pikon grind last monday the same way but that one was alright, I had good 50/50 luck on drops and upgrades.

I wonder if anyone here has done the Rage Trunks grind. Aiii probably has. I know I will if I pull him but I've been buying those future trunks saga medals every chance I get to make it a little easier.

I did half the grind. Still contemplating just saying fuck it and use Kais for the rest of the levels, instead of grinding again whenever the event comes around.

It was honestly the worst I felt playing this game. I think it edges out the old world tournament grind due to the rng.

Buuhan was ezpz for me. Don't have black so meh, and don't got rage trunks either. Didn't do pikkon yet D:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I should just spend all my kais on Baby since he's the only unit I have that I have enough dupes to 100% in hidden potential

I probably won't do this.

Aiii

So not worth it

I did not. Sitting at level 1 like a champ doing his 300~400k super attacks. I do not mind grinds, whenever there is downtime in the game I use my stamina on rotating events for drops, I do not have any urgency to rush upping SA on anything but the top cards. All in due time. The Trunks event is too much though, grinding and medals? Hard pass.

I did not. Sitting at level 1 like a champ doing his 300~400k super attacks. I do not mind grinds, whenever there is downtime in the game I use my stamina on rotating events for drops, I do not have any urgency to rush upping SA on anything but the top cards. All in due time. The Trunks event is too much though, grinding and medals? Hard pass.

Yeah it's a bit nutty, lots of RNG. You do run Super INT though, right? I'm of two minds. On the one hand, I have LR Gohan so I want my Super INT to be as good as it can be. Assuming, of course, I pull Trunks and Gogeta. On the other hand... I have LR Gohan, and between him and Gogeta, does Trunks doing a bit more damage really matter all that much? And also any grind that makes you hate the game is not worth doing. I'll decide if I wanna do it when the time comes.

Durden77

lVMkh7j.jpg

Sweet. This beast will help my extreme team a lot.

The 200m download countdown looks like shit lol. Don't we usually get a nice big amount the first day then 1 everyday after? This time it just says 1 for the first day :/

Durden77

I got a dupe AGL Golden Frieza from the daily summon. Guess I should open a path? He's weird because he's really only good at tanking, but damn good at it, so I dunno if I should invest any orbs.

I kind of want to feed my INT Golden Frieza (SA 3) to him. I never use him

Edit : Wow two SSRs today! AGL Kid Buu is the next one. Top bad he's kind of useless now.

L Thammy

Thought I'd quit the tournament and focus on dokkan events, but I don't have the team cost to use anyone more if I do. Ah well.

Does anyone know what gets enemies using super attacks World Tournament? Is it when you're at a high enough tier, or if you pick too big of a multiplier or what?

Thought I'd quit the tournament and focus on dokkan events, but I don't have the team cost to use anyone more if I do. Ah well.

Does anyone know what gets enemies using super attacks World Tournament? Is it when you're at a high enough tier, or if you pick too big of a multiplier or what?
RNG. I've never been supered but that's because I use Jaco and Chaitzou both that have a passive that stuns the entire enemy team the first time they appear and broly wipes em out either the first turn or second turn.

Durden77

Sweet, I got that INT orb changing SSJ Goku from my GSSRs. Also got Hit. Think those were the only 2 non WT characters.

Should I baba this sword Gohans? Or can they be used to up the SA of that one PHY Mystic Gohan coming?

Sec0nd

Crazy rewards this WT. Feels like I get a GSSR every other win. I've got a massive influx of SSRs since the SSJ4 banners. 19 new SSRs and a whole bunch of dupes. Pretty insane.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
You likely have cards whose supers "Greatly Lower Defense." When you only do 100hp, it could be because that debuff wasn't active.

Ah, likely cause I hit with SSJ4 Geets SA beforehand then. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to bring ChiChi nurse support for the event too?

Durden77

Jesus, it's hard to even hold under top 20k this tournament. I got my 30 wins and points missions. Truing to decide if I'm going to go for under 20k and under 10 on local.

Flambe

Man it's a pain in the ass juggling WT, Orbs, Metal Fruit, Hercule coins, all the dokkan events needed, oh yeah and 4x rank exp over here don't waste it!

Oh yeah and hey almost 150 stones you still need SSJ4 Goku, SS3 GT Goku, Blue Vegeto, Rose, hey what about last two Potential routes of SS4 Vegita c'mon pull you know you wanna.

Goddamnit

My local bracket is so savage, the top 3 all have over 60 wins, the #1 has 78. I'm 7th and the 6th place has 9 more wins than me. At this point I'll spend my natural stamina to at least try to stay in top 10 but I am not competing with these monsters.

Kakaroach

I tried to do it and only got 7 out of 10 while hard farming for a solid week. If it wasn't Trunks I wouldn't have even bothered haha.

Durden77

I did the rage Trunks grind

It was pretty shit. But like I've said before, these types of grinds are good for me mindlessly doing through my work days.

I also have done the AGL GT SSJ Goku grind, which was pretty much just as bad. Just waiting on 2 more Rildo medals now.

Also I have to learn not to stone for stamina so much, because I get to points where there's nothing for me to really do because I've done it all. Right now I pretty much only have the WT to do, and I've already completed all the missions and don't really care about rank this time.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
After the disaster that was the black grind, I still grinded out phy arale to sa10.
But after that one I basically sworn them off, feels way too much like work.

Meneses

Finally got to 20.

All my pulls were absolute crap.

Also, a lot of people have Broly, i've had at least one (sometimes more) Friend or guest unit every single round so far.

Lagamorph

The thirst in this World Tournament is real.
8 wins in a row with the highest ambition possible each time and I barely break into the 200,000's

Just going to get as far as I can without spending any stones, probably won't make it to 20 wins I suspect but we'll see how it goes.

L Thammy

Might be a dumb question, but how do I not die against strong opponents? Like, it seems like some bosses can whittle you down with multiple attacks in a turn, or have enough super attacks to kill you at once, even if you've got max level awakened peeps who are effective against them.

Ghost ushers help a lot, but it looks like you can't spam them (and I need to stock up anyway). Sensus aren't helpful if you die before you can use them. Are there other must-haves?

Aiii

So not worth it
Might be a dumb question, but how do I not die against strong opponents? Like, it seems like some bosses can whittle you down with multiple attacks in a turn, or have enough super attacks to kill you at once, even if you've got max level awakened peeps who are effective against them.

Ghost ushers help a lot, but it looks like you can't spam them (and I need to stock up anyway). Sensus aren't helpful if you die before you can use them. Are there other must-haves?

Type advantage and super sealing characters, or high chance stunners and then prey for RNG luck.

Lagamorph

Units with Damage Reduction abilities like some Golden Frieza units.
For example AGL Golden Frieza, when dokkaned, reduces all incoming damage by 90% so long as your HP is over 50% at the start of the turn.

super sealers are really great to have, stunners help big time, and blockers(like AGL G.Frieza) are super useful in the time where the enemy doesn't get stunned and you didn't seal their super. If you post your box and tell us which boss specially you're struggling with some peeps in here can help let you know if you got the units to take on the boss and help make a team to take on the boss.

The thirst in this World Tournament is real.
8 wins in a row with the highest ambition possible each time and I barely break into the 200,000's

Just going to get as far as I can without spending any stones, probably won't make it to 20 wins I suspect but we'll see how it goes.

Depending on how much STA you have, you can easily get a profit from DS by completing the missions needed. I think it's 120 STA(enough to do 2 full cycles of the WT) and you'll get a profit. I used I think 5 or 6 DS for refills.

Meneses

The basic Dokkan item kit contains the following:

Healing item: Senzu and / or Dende to fully heal

Usher: to get you out of a jam, but like you said, you can't use them twice in a row

Baba, Pilaf: to seal enemy supers for that turn (same effect as the characters who can seal when supering, but they will last for 2 turns and items only one)

King Yemma or similar: Reduces damage by 50% on that turn.

I usually run with Senzu, Dende, Usher and either Yemma or Baba. These days, the leader skills give so much health and there are a few characters who heal when picking up orbs, so you can get away with only bringing one (or zero, if you're confident) healing items.

I do switch it up from time to time, though. For example, in the Tournament, I go with a Senzu, a Puar to change orbs, a Shu to give Ki and an Usher for emergencies.

You can take advantage of the app reset glitch to see when the enemy supers, close the app before you die, resume the fight from the beginning of the turn and then pop an item to prevent it. This "ability" will die soon, they will fix this exploit in one of the next app updates and basically make this game even less enjoyable.

Tamanon

Banned
Got my 20 in a row, and started doing 20X now with my Mono-AGI team.

NOW I understand why people have so many points. Getting about 800K per tourney.

Top Bottom