• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Kettch

Wooo, finished up LR Broly on day 24. Took a lot of rank ups, hope I have enough left to get Goku done.

dbnE0S3.png

Yup two good teams is plenty if they're in the meta.

Check the wiki. in the search bar type the name of the character (eg. Goku) and go to the disambiguation page. Any units under the same header (eg. Super Saiyan God Goku) can raise the SA of another unit under that header. Oftentimes the specific pages of the cards will also tell you if they have a farmable SA (almost always, actually)
Hmm, so I guess I can use the SSJ Gohan Baba sells to level up INT Gohan's SA, right? Otherwise I don't have any more for my other characters
After a whole fucking week of grinding...

Come at me Goku!
Lol that nickname

Piku_Ringo

Banned
My strike team as it currently stands. Everyone here is at SA 10.

VWJIFgu.png

As you can see I don't have the amount of resources to waste in looking to to UR everybody. Hopefully it will be good enough to for the other stages.

J9pzE50.png

First stage 4 clear, got a card right away. Most excellent. Only, what, 23 more?

What team y'all using for stage 4? I need a good linking buddy for LR Frieza and I don't have the STR Buuhan

also pls put your pictures in quotes ^ <3

First stage 4 clear, got a card right away. Most excellent. Only, what, 23 more?

What team y'all using for stage 4? I need a good linking buddy for LR Frieza and I don't have the STR Buuhan

Haven't tried the event yet but I'm running
Gohan
Arale Goku (Links really well with Gohan)
Bee pan (Healing)
TUR Freeza
STR Buuhan (Links with Freeza and gives a 25% attack boost)
Cyborg Tao (can stun and gets a 70% boost)

Unfortunately, only Buuhan Links well with Freeza so you might have to grind that event. If you can't at least try and get 1 buuhan and run him.

Edit: I guess STR Vegeta does have the Big Bad Bosses link if you want to use him but he has a chance to get his attack to 100%.

Meneses

I only tried it once but I went with:

Gramps x2
Bee Pan
Rage Trunks
Tao
Bandana Saiyaman
Strike Trunks

It was smooth but took a bit too long.

Been farming medals for the Int Goku but gonna go back to stage 4 with a TEQ team (Bulma+LR) to see how it goes.

Edit: I guess STR Vegeta does have the Big Bad Bosses link if you want to use him but he has a chance to get his attack to 100%.

wait, which STR Vegeta?

So far I've done it with Drilldo linking with LR Frieza, they at least share a 15% attack link. He hits pretty hard with his 18ki super.

Also already got 2 cards in 3 runs.

Shouta

mmm, King Vegeta at SA15. Good thing I only had to farm up 14 KV medals to do it. 22 runs to get everything done per Strike character is not too shabby, at least while this event is going.

MicH

I have no idea what team to use for stage 4. Have the three strike STR units maxed, but don't really have much else in terms of free STR units. I have untouched STR Buuhan and Super Vegeta

wait, which STR Vegeta?

So far I've done it with Drilldo linking with LR Frieza, they at least share a 15% attack link. He hits pretty hard with his 18ki super.

Also already got 2 cards in 3 runs.

This Vegeta, he drops in the Saiyan Arc story event, with great ape Nappa.

Forgot about Drilldo but he's great with his Super and Passive. Drilldo also links well with Pan if you have trouble supering with her (But really you should have no trouble with Pan supering).

Meneses

My TEQ team still working fine on stage 4, just replaced the two INT characters I had with Bee Pan and Tao.

Zero drops, though, fml.

ffvorax

Doing only stage four from here on... Medals and opportunity to get dupes, perfect. All STR team for me, pretty easy.
Double gramps
Bee pan
Trunks
Tao
Freiza second stage only
Videl

137 medals in one day, played a lot today, can't wait to have my first LR (android next probably)

What is the optimal team for stage 4? I'm assuming mono str and so far ik to use

Grampa
Trunks
Tao
Friend: LR Frieza

who's the rest?

As for LR Goku Stage 3
Bulma
Chaun
Angel Goku
Xeno Trunks
Evil Carrot

only gotta use a senzu here and there but meh

I thought it would be easier to get Goku to drop on stage 4... I was wrong. But even then a Bulma team does better than my str team. What all this training, and Super Strike grind for Bulma to do everything. I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed right now.

Guys stage 4 is easier with duel Teq Bulma leads than with a STR team. Just keep 1 in each rotation and watch her mop up.

I guess the exception is if you have LR Frieza but it's still debatable.

Arrrammis

TEQ really is surprisingly strong with a maxed TEQ Bulma. Here's the team I'm using:
Using TEQ Super Buu because I don't have anything better that is awakened.

And here's the STR team I have for stage 4:

But it's funny that the TEQ does almost as well as the mono STR team on stage 4, once I put some orbs into the TUR Goku (that turns into LR) I think that team will definitely run better.

I went full crit on Bulma but chose dodge over Additionals and I feel like I got the best of both worlds there. But really she doesn't even need the dodge so it's whatever. Kinda wild that the best non-LR F2P card is a Bulma, lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Stage 4 wasn't that different from stage 3, I just swapped out my 2 int units with 2 str units and bodied him just the same. Bulma's too strong. Yeah otherworld goku would've broken stage 3.

TEQ really is surprisingly strong with a maxed TEQ Bulma. Here's the team I'm using:

Using TEQ Super Buu because I don't have anything better that is awakened.

And here's the STR team I have for stage 4:

But it's funny that the TEQ does almost as well as the mono STR team on stage 4, once I put some orbs into the TUR Goku (that turns into LR) I think that team will definitely run better.

Switch out Masked Fighter. He has a shitty passive that requires 2 enemies to get a bonus.

RedSnake

I'm working my way to LR goku and, just to have everything clear...
-The best way to raise is SA is to farm 10 cards on stage 4 right?
-then get 4 more of those cards to open the potential paths
-Dokkan Awaken
-feed the 10 elder kais or fark 10 more cards and awaken then feed?

holy shit

Arrrammis

I'm working my way to LR goku and, just to have everything clear...
-The best way to raise is SA is to farm 10 cards on stage 4 right?
-then get 4 more of those cards to open the potential paths
-Dokkan Awaken
-feed the 10 elder kais or fark 10 more cards and awaken then feed?

holy shit

Definitely not, the drop rate is <5% on the cards in stage 4 and <1% on stage 1. The best way to level his SA would be to Farm the epic Showdown Goku and dokkan him, you can get a 100% SA up chance if you awaken him. The Epic Showdown Goku card has a really high drop rate in stage 1 and the dokkan medals come from stage 2 IIRC.

You'll still have to farm 4 more cards to open the paths, unfortunately, but you'll be getting medals along the way so it's not a total waste even if you're unlucky. Then from there you can either spend 10 Elder Kais to reach SA20 or level a second card using the method I mentioned earlier, then grind out all the medals again. Keep in mind that there's a mission for getting LR Goku to SA20 that gives you 10 Elder Kais, so you'll break even if you spend 10 Elder Kais there.

I've been running with

Gramps x2
Bee Pan
Tao
Trunks
Goku Arale outfit
Frieza UR

everyone SA x10 except freiza and Gramps with 52% awakened (a waste I know but my mono strength team is OP as is) and I'm averaging about 4:30 min per fight.

Honestly with how often it drops x5 though I'm probably going to bow out. It's fun doing an event I'm not steaming rolling through, but the thought of doing this around 140 times is really unappealing. I like how easy they made it to grind out the strike characters; two full stam. runs at rank 298 leveled me up so you could get a lot done, but the actual event is too much of a grind. Should have made the drop minimum at least x7. They'd still get people buying and spending stones to fill up stamina that way. LR Goku just really isn't worth it as a card for the time invested.

Bulma with friend LR Goku is still the best team overall. Once I get LR Goku of my own. I can take double Bulma which will be even better.

Had an opps moment where I got supered and kicked to the mission screen but meh what can you do lol.

Definitely not, the drop rate is <5% on the cards in stage 4 and <1% on stage 1. The best way to level his SA would be to Farm the epic Showdown Goku and dokkan him, you can get a 100% SA up chance if you awaken him. The Epic Showdown Goku card has a really high drop rate in stage 1 and the dokkan medals come from stage 2 IIRC.

You'll still have to farm 4 more cards to open the paths, unfortunately, but you'll be getting medals along the way so it's not a total waste even if you're unlucky. Then from there you can either spend 10 Elder Kais to reach SA20 or level a second card using the method I mentioned earlier, then grind out all the medals again. Keep in mind that there's a mission for getting LR Goku to SA20 that gives you 10 Elder Kais, so you'll break even if you spend 10 Elder Kais there.

It's 15% drop chance on stage 4. That's what I'm doing since I'm farming the medals from scratch anyway and I literally can't afford to awaken and train all the epic showdown Gokus.

A full bar of Stamina and not a single Goku. I give up, doing stage 3 till I get 777 medals then moving on to stage 4. I would have to grind 5 Goku's anyway and I'd rather have the medals ready and waiting to get the rest then just doing an event with a lower medal payout.

Arrrammis

Just a reminder that the LR Goku event is available every day, so don't feel like you have to grind everything this weekend if you get tired of it. Someone on Reddit made a calculator to see how many medals you'll need to farm each day to get LR Goku before the event ends: https://codepen.io/MrDuck/full/QMMQpa

It's 15% drop chance on stage 4. That's what I'm doing since I'm farming the medals from scratch anyway and I literally can't afford to awaken and train all the epic showdown Gokus.

Hmm, I guess I've just had really bad luck with drops then. 22 runs on Stage 4, no card drops.

I can understand the cost thing though, you'll need plenty of TEQ medals, but the grind itself is much more painless and less RNG-dependant if you have the resources

Voror

Looking for a bit of advice on how I should prioritize Z-Awakening these characters as I have some medals now though only some of them are currently ready for it. Already done AGL Super Vegito and STR SSJ4 Goku.

These are just the SSRs:

AGL SSR Goku Black
AGL Turles (Giant Ape)
AGL SS Trunks (Xeno)
AGL Goku (Spirit Bomb)
AGL SS Goku
AGL SSJ3 Goku (GT)
AGL SS Gohan (Teen)
AGL SS Goten (Kid)

TEQ SS Gohan (Future)
TEQ Fusion Zamasu
TEQ SSJ4 Gogeta
TEQ SS Vegeta
TEQ Beerus
TEQ Trunks (Teen) (Future)
TEQ SSJ3 Gotenks

INT SSB Vegeta
INT Majin Buu (Ultimate Gohan)
INT Shugesh (Great Ape)
INT Android 18
INT SS Goku
INT Ultimate Gohan
INT SSG Goku
INT Vegito
INT Perfect Cell

STR SS Gogeta
STR SSJ3 Vegeta
STR SSJ2 Trunks (Teen)
STR Majin Buu (Good)

PHY Goku Black
PHY LSS Broly

Also, are there recommendations on what to prioritize for Hidden Potential with dupes? I figure it varies, but not sure how much it matters.

cordy

Banned
Damn how do yall have such amazing cards and decks? Do you spend money on this game or have you been playing for a while? I started maybe 2 weeks ago and I'm on level 91 and right now I'm finding ways to get more stones and level my dudes out.

Help a brother out, what did you do?

Voror

Damn how do yall have such amazing cards and decks? Do you spend money on this game or have you been playing for a while? I started maybe 2 weeks ago and I'm on level 91 and right now I'm finding ways to get more stones and level my dudes out.

I just started recently actually. I did spend some money on stones (took all the cheaper sales and did buy a few of the 91 sets). Been getting stones burning through the Quests too. But some of this is just pure luck that I don't understand as I generally don't get lucky with this sort of thing. I did a couple a pulls early on then just saved and blitzed on the two banners before that Summon 3 Get 1 Free offer expired. The fact I was off work this week also helped as I ended up pouring a lot of time.

been playing for 300 days and spent too much money. You either live the F2P life and get lucky on summons (and know which banners to save stones for) or you open your wallet. There is no secret.

been playing for 300 days and spent too much money. You either live the F2P life and get lucky on summons (and know which banners to save stones for) or you open your wallet. There is no secret.

Or in my case open my wallet and get unlucky on summons D:

Damned if I do damned if I don't.

edit: 4 runs on Stage 3 got me 20 medals.

1 run on stage 4 got me 7 lol. I didn't have to use any items on stage 4, Goku was really nice he never supered as the first attacker so it gave me time to seal him. Also Bulma evaded like 5 times, I love evade.

Shouta

It's any combination of spending some, playing a long time, or just plain ol'luck.

Anyway, I wonder if I should use these SSR Buuhans for the LR Goku Grind or if I should use them to up the super attack for my INT Buuhan.

I've finished 16 and King Vegeta for that. I'm probably gonna finish another one of available Strikes (maybe Mecha Fireza or Chilled?) later today as it only takes 22 Runs to get a SA15 TUR version of one.

cordy

Banned
I just started recently actually. I did spend some money on stones (took all the cheaper sales and did buy a few of the 91 sets). Been getting stones burning through the Quests too. But some of this is just pure luck that I don't understand as I generally don't get lucky with this sort of thing. I did a couple a pulls early on then just saved and blitzed on the two banners before that Summon 3 Get 1 Free offer expired. The fact I was off work this week also helped as I ended up pouring a lot of time.

It's any combination of spending some, playing a long time, or just plain ol'luck.

Anyway, I wonder if I should use these SSR Buuhans for the LR Goku Grind or if I should use them to up the super attack for my INT Buuhan.

I've finished 16 and King Vegeta for that. I'm probably gonna finish another one of available Strikes (maybe Mecha Fireza or Chilled?) later today as it only takes 22 Runs to get a SA15 TUR version of one.

Interesting. I don't think I'll spend any money but just hope I do well with pulls and see how that works out. I'm not even strong enough to take on any major strikes right now so I guess that's just a grind I gotta get used to and eventually I'll get lucky. Either way that'll give this game more longevity for me. I've never really liked mobile games until this title so the more the better.

Unlocked all the paths and got to about 80% activated on my current LR Goku. Been killing it with this team, especially now that he's critting like crazy.

EsdLPOil.png

Was planning on using EKs to get to SA 20, but I happened to get a 5th drop recently. And with all the medals I've got already from farming Stage 4, might as well go all the way with this one.

96mmKNql.jpg

I knew keeping those One Piece Gokus would come in handy a year later... xD

Top Bottom