• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Lagamorph

For Broly

Mono STR
OS lead
Metal Dildo
SSJ3 Goku
SSG Goku
SSJ2 Trunks/Buutenks
Videl Great Saiyaman 2
OS Friend

It's all about dropping that defense with GS2 and the Shenron crew. Use Buutenks for sealing supers and synergy with SSJ3 and SSG (Over in a Flash).

Cheers, will give that a go when the event rolls back around.

So here's my box after blowing through all my stones on the dual dokkan event and not getting any of the headline units,

https://dbz.space/box/Lagamorph

Can anyone recommend a team for the Beerus event when it comes back around?
And maybe a team for the Super Difficulty Broly event?

For the Beerus event you could either use a INT team for blocking or use an Omega team
For INT
Ultimate Gohan (3Ki plus attack boost)
General Blue or Mai for stunning
Golden Freeza
Piccolo for blocking
Buuicolo for health recovery and links with buuhan
and Vegito i guess
Take a Buuhan friend lead and the event should go smothly

For STR
Omega
SSG Goku (Gains extra damage against beerus and hits really hard)
Metal Rildo (Blocker and links with Omega)
Bee pan (Healing and links with Omega)
SSJ3 Goku (Links with SSG goku and hits hard)
and Either Buu for orb changing, or Beerus for that 150% attack increase, or even Buutenks for super sealing
The omega team should lower his attack enough while SSG Goku will destroy him

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
But how are we supposed to survive the 15 bosses in boss wave now? We can see supers for 4 turns then it's pure luck for almost the entire duration. I honestly don't see a future for this game with that design. There's no point playing hard content now since its just RNG. I mean some of the attacks can basically OHKO neo gods.
There is no attack that can OHKO you at full health unless it is part of the enemy mechanic, and yes, survive, it's already been done multiple times before the dupe system was even flourishing.

There is no attack that can OHKO you at full health unless it is part of the enemy mechanic, and yes, survive, it's already been done multiple times before the dupe system was even flourishing.

I dunno, I'm just really not feeling this change. Even if you can wing it through a dokkan like that there's no hope for boss rush, or at least no way I could beat boss rush like that. I didn't like having to save scum it but it always seemed the solution was to have an indicator that shows them. An item with limited use which is also going to take up one those precious 4 slots since the 5th is still locked is not what I was expecting in the slightest. Sacrificing an item for 4 turns of knowing is brutal.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Even after they fix it I'll probably still do it. Playing other games on my phone, if I'm about to get a game over I gasp and restart the app out of habit from Dokkan.

Making it an item is shitty if they don't give the 5th slot with it. If they do, I think for many the scouter is basically going to be a permanent 5th slot item. If they don't, you either sacrifice a precious item slot to it or don't and roll the dice. I don't think it's a great design decision either way. Making it visible all the time would have been the better choice by far imo. Letting players make educated tactical choices is ALWAYS better than making them guess imo.

I can understand the upset. This is a change that hits players with weaker boxes way harder than P2Pers (or lucky fucks) who pull the best of the best cards. On global, since I've been running a Super team I've eaten lots of Supers just because I didn't feel like using an item just in case and didn't want to bother closing and resetting either, since I know I can take the hit. That's for current content, I don't play JP so I don't know how this will go in the future.

It's most problematic for WT and Boss Rush. 1 mistake ending an entire run and huge time investment feels bad any way you slice it. WT prelims are gonna be nailbiters.

The proof's in the pudding for me. But I really don't see why they didn't just choose to surface the information at all times. No one would be pissed off or annoyed if that was the case. It's just not a great move.

edit: someone on reddit suggested they'll add cards to the game that highlight enemy supers as their passive and that's so fucking devious and evil I will eat my shirt if this doesn't happen https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB.../in_the_wake_of_the_force_close_glitch_being/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ha up yours NB! I've found a way to reset! Now if they unlock the 5th item everything will be back to normal

latest

Meneses

Making it an item is shitty if they don't give the 5th slot with it. If they do, I think for many the scouter is basically going to be a permanent 5th slot item. If they don't, you either sacrifice a precious item slot to it or don't and roll the dice. I don't think it's a great design decision either way. Making it visible all the time would have been the better choice by far imo. Letting players make educated tactical choices is ALWAYS better than making them guess imo.

I can understand the upset. This is a change that hits players with weaker boxes way harder than P2Pers (or lucky fucks) who pull the best of the best cards. On global, since I've been running a Super team I've eaten lots of Supers just because I didn't feel like using an item just in case and didn't want to bother closing and resetting either, since I know I can take the hit. That's for current content, I don't play JP so I don't know how this will go in the future.

It's most problematic for WT and Boss Rush. 1 mistake ending an entire run and huge time investment feels bad any way you slice it. WT prelims are gonna be nailbiters.

The proof's in the pudding for me. But I really don't see why they didn't just choose to surface the information at all times. No one would be pissed off or annoyed if that was the case. It's just not a great move.

edit: someone on reddit suggested they'll add cards to the game that highlight enemy supers as their passive and that's so fucking devious and evil I will eat my shirt if this doesn't happen https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB.../in_the_wake_of_the_force_close_glitch_being/

Yeah, the right way to go about this would be to show when the super is gonna happen (which should have been there from the start).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It wouldnt be a big deal if they had indicated when people were going to super all along instead of it being completely random unless you happened to seal before hand. I'd like for you to take a look at the list of sealers to see how often that will even happen.

Without force close and without indication the baba and pilaf items are used based on complete hunches then, quite dumb imo.

Xanru

But how are we supposed to survive the 15 bosses in boss wave now? We can see supers for 4 turns then it's pure luck for almost the entire duration. I honestly don't see a future for this game with that design. There's no point playing hard content now since its just RNG. I mean some of the attacks can basically OHKO neo gods.

By the time that's even a consideration for global the neo leads will be here. For jpn its not even an issue cus neo leads one shot all of the first 3 boss rushes, and have high chances of 1/2 shotting the rest of them, not to mention they take dick for damage, they only time you really run a risk of getting one shot is if you're running a type weak to the event. Like hell, the fact that they even gave us an item should mean absolutely nothing changes. Use the item at the beginning of the round, they super? Remember which one does, reset app, act accordingly. They don't? Reset the app and go about your business. Tedious asf, but real talk, it's not even something we have to worry about all that often. At the very least this might end up helping address the issue of STR being dominate in its glass cannon state.

EDIT: well it works only on the 2 turns after, still this isn't nearly as much an issue in most scenarios as people are making it out in the current meta. And if it turns out it is a problem it really just means that Super TEQ and Super Str(in it's current state) have issues and nobody else gives a damn.

Cruxist

Were people using the force close very often? I guess I've been incredibly lucky, but I've never needed it. I beat 3 of the boss rush events in Japan before I picked up SSJ4 Vegeta and they were a breeze. Granted, I had Int Future Trunks as my leader and SSB Vegito as my friend so it was easy to counter most enemy types.

Even then, I was always strategically using items to block the potential of supers, not knowing that one was happening and then blocking.

Yeah, the right way to go about this would be to show when the super is gonna happen (which should have been there from the start).

Totally agreed. I'd have loved that update. As it stands the only way to have equal awareness to before now involves resetting every single round so they've managed to make it even more tedious than before.

Instead of adding more hurdles to be able to tell if a super is coming they should have just made it show up at all times. That way we can actually play tactically.

Barely used force close as well, pretry much never, I just guess and believe!

What I do find annoying is enemies that super at the start of the turn so you can't even seal them, this should absolutely be visible so I can decide to use a baba or not

MisterMac

I don't like the design of the Scouter. Firstly as an item wastes a spot and secondly it isn't worthwhile in Boss Rush.

At the very least the Scouter should be an ability with a set number of use per battle.

And while you can't get OHKO'd, you can certainly eat a super and then be battered down by normal attacks. It certainly makes defensive units more important to the meta.

The scouter doesn't even work on the turn you use it. Completely stupid compromise here.

Hahaha for real? What the fuck is that? I guess that's because they can't get around app closing entirely, so people can't use it, see if there's a super, and then close and reload. I'd call this half-assed but that's giving it too much credit. It's quarter-assed.

Hahaha for real? What the fuck is that? I guess that's because they can't get around app closing entirely, so people can't use it, see if there's a super, and then close and reload. I'd call this half-assed but that's giving it too much credit. It's quarter-assed.

Wait What? So even that method isn't gonna work. Honestly I think I'm gonna find a different Gacha whilst I wait to see if they fix this. Maybe go back to OPTC or give Brave Exvius a proper shot. This is the stupidest thing they've done with this game.

Durden77

I'm trying not to let all the weird bullshit that's going on over at the JPN side distract me from the fact that Global has now caught up to probably the best state that this game has probably ever been.

It's an extremely awesome game right now. So many team choices and exciting stuff happening. We should have a solid 3-4 months of this stuff too before SSJ4 releases and things start getting a little weird. So I'm trying to shake off the doom and gloom and focus on the fact that Global is pretty much in the game's golden age right now.

Meneses

I'm trying not to let all the weird bullshit that's going on over at the JPN side distract me from the fact that Global has now caught up to probably the best state that this game has probably ever been.

It's an extremely awesome game right now. So many team choices and exciting stuff happening. We should have a solid 3-4 months of this stuff too before SSJ4 releases and things start getting a little weird. So I'm trying to shake off the doom and gloom and focus on the fact that Global is pretty much in the game's golden age right now.

Yeah, things are cool right now on Global.

Let's enjoy the last few good months we have, unless they decide to roll out this shitty update soon, too :p

It's worth mentioning that in the past they've pushed certain fixes through early for global, so though I don't want them to, it's plausible that this patch may make it's way to global before it catches up to JPN. You're right though it's the best DBDB has ever been right now for global, most of the players from JPN seem to agree that was the best time.

I envy F2P because they can up and leave. I don't have the luxury anymore :(.

I wouldn't be upset if A) they let us know when a super was gonna happen or B) they don't let enemies super at the very start of a turn, or worse, at the start of a new phase...

Syntsui

Have they ever backpedalled on something due to consumers reactions? Is there even a big reaction on this outside GAF?

I know complaints made Gumi revise the rates of one event in Brave Exvius and I know something similar happened in Mobius. So, maybe there's a chance?

Have they ever backpedalled on something due to consumers reactions? Is there even a big reaction on this outside GAF?

I know complaints made Gumi revise the rates of one event in Brave Exvius and I know something similar happened in Mobius. So, maybe there's a chance?

I've no idea if they've ever reversed a decision, but the Reddit at least is largely displeased by the looks of things. No idea where the other communities stand.

Maxim726X

I would imagine that they realize how much the implementation of the scouter sucks and will perhaps try to fix it to make it useful.

One would think that they want to patch the force close trick, as it gets people to spend stones during battles. Sucks, but that's probably not going to change.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Exvius is the only mobile game I've ever spent a moderate amount of time/effort into without pulling the equivalent of an SSR. I still hop on every now and then to spend whatever free lapis/tickets they've given out, and I've never pulled a rainbow.

I'm trying but this scouter bullshit kinda pisses me off honestly. Would've been so easy for them to just bake that feature into the game but they chose not to. And then the scouter doesn't even work on the turn you use it on? What a blatant "fuck you, pay me".

Just when I'm about to put this game down, I pull a shitton of good cards. Here's the highlights of this 150 mil festival (from only 3 multipulls):

-AGL KK Blue Goku
-INT Buuhan
-AGL Golden Frieza
-AGL Rose Goku Black
-PHY Goku Black
-INT Mai (is she any good? Stunner maybe?)

I have a question that has always bugged me.

Those buffs/debuffs. How long do they last? Until the end of battle? Say I have TEQ Piccolo, who lowers ATK with his super. Does the enemy's attack stay low the next turn? Is it persistent until the fight is over? It seems like buffs say how many turns they last, but debuffs don't.

Flambe

Man, back over 50 stones again with those 7. Now do I blow them on SSB Vegito again or just do the 150m banner so I at least get 2 Elder Kais even if I get crap units >.<

Wazzy

Banned
I have a question regarding VB event. I'm almost done farming Rose medals using my TEQ team(with VB friend and my VB unawakened) and plan to switch over to VB event with I would assume is a STR team. The question is, Rose as lead or just a spot in the team? I have Gogeta dokkaned, I have omega Shenron but not awakened and then I have all the other standard good red units like SSG, SS3 Goku, etc. I'll have Rose DA for the event but he's the only unit I have that helps with the fight.

I have a question regarding VB event. I'm almost done farming Rose medals using my TEQ team(with VB friend and my VB unawakened) and plan to switch over to VB event with I would assume is a STR team. The question is, Rose as lead or just a spot in the team? I have Gogeta dokkaned, I have omega Shenron but not awakened and then I have all the other standard good red units like SSG, SS3 Goku, etc. I'll have Rose DA for the event but he's the only unit I have that helps with the fight.

Double Omega mono-STR will do fine. You don't need the units that do bonus damage. Unless you can field a sick villains team, just use mono STR. I assume when you say unawakened you mean Z-awakened but not dokkaned. But you can Dokkan omega himself pretty easily with a mono-STR team as well, just be sure to add Bee Pan and another STR GT unit if you have them.

Wazzy

Banned
Double Omega mono-STR will do fine. You don't need the units that do bonus damage. Unless you can field a sick villains team, just use mono STR. I assume when you say unawakened you mean Z-awakened but not dokkaned. But you can Dokkan omega himself pretty easily with a mono-STR team as well, just be sure to add Bee Pan and another STR GT unit if you have them.
Yeah I meant Z-awakened and that's true, maybe I'll do Omega event before farming VB and then just do a full STR team. I'll try VB once with my current STR team and see how it goes. Thanks!

-INT Mai (is she any good? Stunner maybe?)

I have a question that has always bugged me.

Those buffs/debuffs. How long do they last? Until the end of battle? Say I have TEQ Piccolo, who lowers ATK with his super. Does the enemy's attack stay low the next turn? Is it persistent until the fight is over? It seems like buffs say how many turns they last, but debuffs don't.

Mai is pretty decent, pretty much a better version of hit.

Debuffs generally last for 2 turns, unless the card says otherwise; you can always check yourself by looking at the debuff icons on the enemy.

Mai is pretty decent, pretty much a better version of hit.

Debuffs generally last for 2 turns, unless the card says otherwise; you can always check yourself by looking at the debuff icons on the enemy.

I have played this game for 1.5 years and never knew that you could see enemy debuffs XD

Thanks for the answers. Mai might have a place on my mono INT/permastun team along with General Blue & Turles.

Syntsui

Mai links are just as bad as Hit. She doesn't really fit the actually good teams.

It's good balancing that all characters with high stun have awful links.

HawthorneKitty

I'm trying but this scouter bullshit kinda pisses me off honestly. Would've been so easy for them to just bake that feature into the game but they chose not to. And then the scouter doesn't even work on the turn you use it on? What a blatant "fuck you, pay me".
Doesn't closing the app before your last character gets ki reset you to the beginning of the turn so it prevents you from using the scouter, seeing where the Super is and resetting?

Shouta

Worked up to another 50 stones and got the SSR Mai and AGL Ultimate Gohan.

I guess I'll start saving stones for the even bigger stuff down the line.

Anoregon

Worked up to another 50 stones and got the SSR Mai and AGL Ultimate Gohan.

I guess I'll start saving stones for the even bigger stuff down the line.

I'm now comfortably saving for the Merged Zamassu banner. He's a very powerful unit and an effective alternate villain lead to Rose, and the banner also has that crazy OP Rage Trunks (who is the hero version of Merged Zamassu as a leader) and Vegito Blue.

And after my grotesque run of bad luck on these banners, maybe the pendulum will swing back around by the time his banner hits.

Doesn't closing the app before your last character gets ki reset you to the beginning of the turn so it prevents you from using the scouter, seeing where the Super is and resetting?

Yeah so the scouter is useless for the turn you use it on so you end up STILL having to guess even if you use the item that's supposed to eliminate the guessing component. Which is why this is a terrible "solution" and they should have just exposed enemy supers in the UI by default.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah so the scouter is useless for the turn you use it on so you end up STILL having to guess even if you use the item that's supposed to eliminate the guessing component. Which is why this is a terrible "solution" and they should have just exposed enemy supers in the UI by default.
Just take the Super, when was the last time you took a Super in the face, it's not much.

Just take the Super, when was the last time you took a Super in the face, it's not much.

Yeah now on global. The 120% lead dokkanfests can kill you in 1 round if they super from what I hear if you're using VB/Rose leads. So at that point it becomes a zero-sum guessing game and you basically have to use the 120% leads. It just further narrows what's viable in the game. Hell even on Global you can get supered for 100k on neutral type by SSBKKs final form.

Anyway it doesn't change how incredibly half-assed this "solution" is.

Doesn't work that way. Seems they picked up on it so the scouter effect doesn't actually kick in until the round after you use it. They've literally made the item useless because they couldn't prevent resets otherwise.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah now on global. The 120% lead dokkanfests can kill you in 1 round if they super from what I hear if you're using VB/Rose leads. So at that point it becomes a zero-sum guessing game and you basically have to use the 120% leads. It just further narrows what's viable in the game. Hell even on Global you can get supered for 100k on neutral type by SSBKKs final form.

Anyway it doesn't change how incredibly half-assed this "solution" is.
Well ya, 50% leads are abysmal compared to 120%. A guy I follow has completed both Super 17 and Cooler events with Double Gogeta leads and no resets. That's how powerful the dupe system is. You have 2 routes to team building, overpowering opponents or slotting in more tanks if you can't.
Doesn't work that way. Seems they picked up on it so the scouter effect doesn't actually kick in until the round after you use it. They've literally made the item useless because they couldn't prevent resets otherwise.
Thats what I said...

Top Bottom