• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Durden77

I'm conflicted on the whole removing resetting the app/scouter thing.

On one hand, I've always thought the resetting app thing on super was kind of silly and felt a little like cheating. I actually didn't do it for a long time, but once events started costing 40/50 stamina, I jumped on board because I wasn't about to lose all that. At this point, it's part of the gameplay for me. Just as much as using a Senzu or link skills. And while I use it, I still think it's stupid on how it's integrated itself so much into the gameplay as a whole.

On the other hand, it's Bamco's own fault for letting that happen. They have allowed it to become this, through their own bad design and not knowing how to address it. It IS a part of the game now and that's on them. They can't just take that away from us, especially without an alternative. And while the scouter is somewhat of aj alternative, it doesn't seem like it's enough, especially if they don't open up the other item slots.

Pretty much, as much as I love this game, this just comes down to poor game design. Resetting should not be such an essential part of the game, but it is, and that speaks to the design of the battles itself. So it's Bamco trying to fix inherently poor design choice, and in that case they should have probably just realized their mistake and compensate accordingly, rather than stack another questionable design choice on top of it to try and fix it.

It's a mess, really. To be honest, a lot about this game's design is a hot mess. We just put up with it becauae we love Dragon Ball and the game at it's core is pretty fun and enough of it works to make the fun come through. But from the link system, to the entire UI, to this whole issue, the game's foundation is not as strong as it should be and it's getting harder and harder to tack on all these extra things and fixes.

Just take the Super, when was the last time you took a Super in the face, it's not much.

Also this made me laugh

It seems there's 3 new icons coming to the game that people are speculating are anti-stun, anti-seal and anti-atk down and possibly will be first used in the Gogeta/Janemba fights.

I think one of these is active in the SSJ4 fights but there's a couple new ones there.

Well ya, 50% leads are abysmal compared to 120%. A guy I follow has completed both Super 17 and Cooler events with Double Gogeta leads and no resets. That's how powerful the dupe system is. You have 2 routes to team building, overpowering opponents or slotting in more tanks if you can't.
Thats what I said...

Ah yeah, misread your post somehow.

Well ya, 50% leads are abysmal compared to 120%. A guy I follow has completed both Super 17 and Cooler events with Double Gogeta leads and no resets. That's how powerful the dupe system is. You have 2 routes to team building, overpowering opponents or slotting in more tanks if you can't.
Thats what I said...

Yeah it's so easy. Just pull 5 copies of top-tier units so you can totally max them. Brilliant, why didn't I think of this.

Meneses

The good/bad news is there's probably people at Bamco right now planning some other DBZ mobile game for when this one dies out.

Syntsui

The good/bad news is there's probably people at Bamco right now planning some other DBZ mobile game for when this one dies out.
If anything it will kill this thread, the game will probably be fine breaking record after record and being the second biggest Gacha in the world (right at this moment the number 1).

We have to wait a few weeks to say how this decision might affect the player base, for all we know, the amount of people complaining is loud but small.

If anything it will kill this thread, the game will probably be fine breaking record after record and being the second biggest Gacha in the world (right at this moment the number 1).

We have to wait a few weeks to say how this decision might affect the player base, for all we know, the amount of people complaining is loud but small.

I doubt it will kill anything. Despite all the moaning and whining and bitching, how many people have actually followed through with quitting and deleting the game and not coming back eventually?

It's worth mentioning that the JPN tourney just got had too. 1st and 2nd spot went to modded accounts and the actual winner got stitched with 3rd place. The game may not die sure, but there's a lot of stuff happening right now that does them no favors.

Syntsui

It's worth mentioning that the JPN tourney just got had too. 1st and 2nd spot went to modded accounts and the actual winner got stitched with 3rd place. The game may not die sure, but there's a lot of stuff happening right now that does them no favors.
Really? Wow, that's quite the scandal, how did the developers respond to this?

That's some really tremendous not-giving-a-fuck attitude by BN. Really bad look to have your top 2 be blatant cheaters who are actually even public about it.

Do they not ban in Japan? Modders get dropped every WT on Global.

They do but they rely on a bot which they've clearly managed to avoid somehow. This pretty much confirms though that there's no other safeguard but the bot. If a single employee had glances at the results it would have been pretty clear they were cheating.

I mean, there is no way they won't ban as long as someone bothers to report, right? What the fuck, this changes everything for me.

The bot may have failed, but as long as someone contacts them with the evidence, they can't just ignore it, come on.

The player who was no.3 did. She said if she doesn't get her rewards she's quitting the game. No idea how that went down since I've no grasp of the language.

Syntsui

I mean, there is no way they won't ban as long as someone bothers to report, right? What the fuck, this changes everything for me.

The bot may have failed, but as long as someone contacts them with the evidence, they can't just ignore it, come on.

Shouta

I'm now comfortably saving for the Merged Zamassu banner. He's a very powerful unit and an effective alternate villain lead to Rose, and the banner also has that crazy OP Rage Trunks (who is the hero version of Merged Zamassu as a leader) and Vegito Blue.

And after my grotesque run of bad luck on these banners, maybe the pendulum will swing back around by the time his banner hits.

I have SS4 Vegeta in JP so I'm probably just going to wait for him in Global, lol

Cruxist

RNGesus has really blessed me. Over the last week I got a SSB Kaioken on my Japan account and a regular agl SSB on my Global account.

my team links are so good it makes it difficult to have Godtenks do ki 11 FeelsBadMan

112/154 medals for SSBKK . After this just 77 Godtenks for LR Androids and 119 Buuhan for Buuccolo, Buutenks, and LR Androids

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I'd take Turles' 50% stun over Hit's or Mai's any day. Hit and Mai may total up to 60% but 20% is the single turn stun which is not nearly as good. And of course the links and support Turles provides.

e7BpYeI.png

sEHrAdG.png

Aiii

So not worth it
mrw I stopped by the subreddit to see if there was any news on Gogeta/Janemba

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/33/11/0a/33110a65328a2f89599127afff382f0d.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why can't people just enjoy their gambling app disguised as a video game in peace? They take their shit so seriously.

Syntsui

I mean, the developers not banning people for cheating is pretty worrying as there is no reason to play the game legit anymore.

The thing is, they cheated to prove a point and didn't/won't make it public. People should hammer Bamco support/Facebook page, not harass the two guys.

MiTYH

mrw I stopped by the subreddit to see if there was any news on Gogeta/Janemba

33110a65328a2f89599127afff382f0d.gif

Couldnt be more accurate when I just stopped by, lol.

It's been discussed to death, but hopefully this outrage does prompt some response from Bamco to, idk, maybe check some results every now and then

The thing is, they cheated to prove a point and didn't/won't make it public. People should hammer Bamco support/Facebook page, not harass the two guys.

That's the thing. People on reddit have been lashing out to all the prominent members of that community. I think it might just be frustration with the game that they can't direct at BN because they don't listen/give a fuck. But the solution is clearly not to lash out at the people who do the most work for the community. I was just amazed at how much shit seemed to have gone down between me going to bed and checking in this morning. Last night it was still pretty much business as usual.

Eh, death threats are way over the line but maybe it's best one of these people is not a mod. Renzy has made thousands off this game by selling dupe accounts and accounts with an unobtainable number of stones. It's hard to believe he had some noble intent when he literally sells exploited accounts for profit.

At the end of the day the sub, much like the game will chug along without them until it dies or is replaced. In hindsight it is reddit, so it shouldn't surprise me to see the Renzy defence force try blame it on white knights because of a female being involved etc. Makes it hard to care if the sub struggles tbh.

Skii

The backlash against the mods is more complicated than what's being said. It's pretty well known by now that there's a way to dupe stones/characters in this game and some mods have been profiting off this by selling the accounts. So now publicly certain mods were able to get 1st and 2nd in WT without any repercussions and it's bringing to light what happened before that. Like Renzy has completely taken apart the game and is able to ensure anything that happens will be seen as fine server side.

I understand the subreddit mods want to make an example of bandai but I cant really feel too sympathetic towards backlash when some of them have been exploiting people by selling dupe accounts.

Either way it's becoming clearer every week that Bandai genuinely don't give a shit about the players and as long as you spend money, they'll do anything to please you.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone thinking gacha games are anything other than a cash grab were deluding themselves to begin with. You know what you signed up for.

Skii

Anyone thinking gacha games are anything other than a cash grab were deluding themselves to begin with. You know what you signed up for.

Yes but other games actually put effort into preventing cheating in multiplayer events. Bandai just don't give a shit as long as you've spent money on the game. I think it marks the system to not ban you even if you're ruining the game for others.

Syntsui

That's not really the case in the other Gachas I play. While the model itself is basically gambling disguised as a game to delude young people, this is the first case I've seen of a company completely ignoring cheaters.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The backlash against the mods is more complicated than what's being said. It's pretty well known by now that there's a way to dupe stones/characters in this game and some mods have been profiting off this by selling the accounts. So now publicly certain mods were able to get 1st and 2nd in WT without any repercussions and it's bringing to light what happened before that. Like Renzy has completely taken apart the game and is able to ensure anything that happens will be seen as fine server side.

I understand the subreddit mods want to make an example of bandai but I cant really feel too sympathetic towards backlash when some of them have been exploiting people by selling dupe accounts.

Either way it's becoming clearer every week that Bandai genuinely don't give a shit about the players and as long as you spend money, they'll do anything to please you.
Oh, is that why nearly all the mods moved back to Global, because they had access to inifinitely duped accounts?

Kakaroach

I'm glad I've never given a dime to Bamco. The game is a cash grab and should just be enjoyed for fun. When people spend money they get way more invested and you get crap like this. I don't check out the Reddit page for anything but news, so I'm kinda glad I'm out of the loop when it comes to drama.

I'll continue to enjoy the game because I like dragon ball. And the game will be just fine considering it's hauling in millions.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
All these badass god-tier cards and I still struggle with the damn Beerus event. Only cards I have that are any good on him are AGL SSG Goku and TEQ SSB Vegeta.

MiTYH

All these badass god-tier cards and I still struggle with the damn Beerus event. Only cards I have that are any good on him are AGL SSG Goku and TEQ SSB Vegeta.

For this I just bring Gogeta lead, all my INT units, and Buuhan friend. Buuhan/Gogeta do damage, the others just stun/block. A16, janemba, piccolo, general blue, jaco, etc. It's a boring fight but I haven't lost once like this, and don't have that strong of an INT team anyway. With Buuhan's healing, the stage turns into more of a joke really

I'm working through Golden Frieza now. Since we could theoretically get the forceapp-kill update any day, my mono-agl SV team would die so, so much faster if I couldn't exploit this. So I'm getting as many medals as I can for my androids, and maybe a few more, just in case.

Use both of them on a Super team, or build around SSB Vegeta. He can nuke pretty hard on this fight, even without a nuke lead. Bring some Orb changers and go to town.

MisterMac

I'm trying not to let all the weird bullshit that's going on over at the JPN side distract me from the fact that Global has now caught up to probably the best state that this game has probably ever been.

It's an extremely awesome game right now. So many team choices and exciting stuff happening. We should have a solid 3-4 months of this stuff too before SSJ4 releases and things start getting a little weird. So I'm trying to shake off the doom and gloom and focus on the fact that Global is pretty much in the game's golden age right now.

I can get behind this. I'm having a blast on Global for the first time in ages. The banners are good, rotating Dokkan fests mean there is something to do. The GT Events are up for Elder Kais. Everyone has a bunch of new teams they can take to half off dokkan events to strut around with.

And we still have Boss Rush and Dokkan Battlefield as good things on the horizon.

Right now it's taking everything I have not to drop 50 stones on the Rose' banner. Any card off the banner I'd be happy with but I really want Broly or a Buuhan dupe. But Merged Zamasu is so close and I also would be happy with Rage Trunks.

Use both of them on a Super team, or build around SSB Vegeta. He can nuke pretty hard on this fight, even without a nuke lead. Bring some Orb changers and go to town.

That's a good idea. I was pleasantly surprised by the damage I was able to do with SSB Vegeta. Just pulled him last night and didn't know what to expect.

I don't have Blue Vegito but several friends have him dokkaned for a good Super team, and I do have the dokkaned Gotenks that changes rainbow KI to TEQ KI. I'll try to make a team around it.

What's that site that people use to post their teams? And do you have to manually enter all of them or will it pull from your account?

What's that site that people use to post their teams? And do you have to manually enter all of them or will it pull from your account?

dbz.space. You have to go to cards and manually click the lock icon on the ones you have. No need to add every single one obviously, just SSRs and important SRs/Rs (your Oceanus and whatnot). Also set it to Public in settings so others can see it, for some reason it isn't by default.

Top Bottom