• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Xanru

So apparently he put the mods to be downloaded? It's going to be wild wild west now on.

The mods have always been there, you could always use max attack/hp mods in WT and not get banned. Instant Win mods get you banned however, not sure about the x100 speed mod, which is usually what people are using, in WT.

Not to mention global WT seems to be a lot more strict when it comes to banning, usually end up with a hefty amount of people banned. But I doubt akatsuki/bamco really take the time to personally go over the WT list to see what their bot missed, it would take too much time to get everyone. They should do it anyway though, if only to get the obvious shit like Saibateam leads in top 2.

So the teq Goku black doesn't lvl my PHYs Goku black super attack anymore is this glitch or do I just gotta feed him a shit ton of em?

His SA is st lvl 4 right now btw

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn lol that's crazy I gave him a bunch of em too guess I'll keep grinding it out

Are you doing it one at a time, or saving up a few and doing them all at once? It's purely anecdotal, but for both Goku Black and Buuhan I always tried to feed 5 at a time, and that always resulted in good results. I never got less than 3 skillups per group of 5. I didn't have to grind too bad to get either to SA10.

Shouta

Finally Dokkan'd Super Vegito. Man, it was a slog and I had to use a continue in a few spots because I was salty. I don't know why they made it 77 Tokens but give you 7 per run. I mean it's basically the same number of runs as before but it just makes it feel longer because of the big number.

Are you doing it one at a time, or saving up a few and doing them all at once? It's purely anecdotal, but for both Goku Black and Buuhan I always tried to feed 5 at a time, and that always resulted in good results. I never got less than 3 skillups per group of 5. I didn't have to grind too bad to get either to SA10.

I was just giving them to him as I got them but since it stopped working I just started stacking them up.

dbz.space. You have to go to cards and manually click the lock icon on the ones you have. No need to add every single one obviously, just SSRs and important SRs/Rs (your Oceanus and whatnot). Also set it to Public in settings so others can see it, for some reason it isn't by default.

Oh Sweet. https://dbz.space/box/bennywhatever
Here's my box - any good ideas? I mean I can still beat Beerus, but it always takes forever and seems really inefficient any way I try.

Also, suggestions for the PHY Goku Black even would be REALLY helpful because I am sucking it up hard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Here's my box - any good ideas? I mean I can still beat Beerus, but it always takes forever and seems really inefficient any way I try.

Also, suggestions for the PHY Goku Black even would be REALLY helpful because I am sucking it up hard.

Your box is still set to private, we can't see it.

Anoregon

Hm, says Public for me. Weird.

It works now.

For Black, I'd grab the baba shop buff roshi as a ghetto str lead and grab a friend Omega for a full STR team. You have a few very good STR units and that should be manageable.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

This team should beat almost all content:
Buuhan (you should focus on awakening him)
Turles
Piccolo
Janemba
Super Vegito
SSB Kaioken
Buuhan friend

All the links will supply the two AGL units with ki.

For Beerus, swap out SSBKK for AGL Godku.

For Black, go with AGL team:
Super Vegito
SSBKK
Kid Buu
Murasaki
AGL Godku
Frieza
Friend: Super Vegito

If you feel you don't need the extra healing, swap out Kid Buu for Ult Gohan or SS2 Goku.

Have you tried mono AGI for Black? SV, Rose, SSBKK, Godku, GF, Ult Gohan is a strong team. Replace someone with Murasaki for seals if you want to play it safe, or use Baba's/Yemmas/Ushers to avoid damage. Should be doable I think.

Thanks Guys. I didn't have time to Dokkan Buuhan a few days ago when it was around. I'll have to focus harder next time. I just got a lot of these god cards in the last week so I haven't been able to Dokkan all of them.

Just curious - what's the appeal of AGL Ult Gohan? What makes him so good?

Thanks Guys. I didn't have time to Dokkan Buuhan a few days ago when it was around. I'll have to focus harder next time. I just got a lot of these god cards in the last week so I haven't been able to Dokkan all of them.

Just curious - what's the appeal of AGL Ult Gohan? What makes him so good?

Decent stats, good passive, solid links, chance to stun, does decent damage. Fits neatly into a shocking speed AGI team. Just an all-round very solid unit with no glaring weaknesses. Only downside is he's not Super Saiyan but Power Bestowed By God makes up for it when linking with SV anyway.

You have a strong enough mono AGI team to handle pretty much any content in the game currently fwiw. Even Gotenks isn't an issue with this team. Golden Frieza's probably the hardest one. Haven't tried that one with mono AGI myself.

Decent stats, good passive, solid links, chance to stun, does decent damage. Fits neatly into a shocking speed AGI team. Just an all-round very solid unit with no glaring weaknesses. Only downside is he's not Super Saiyan but Power Bestowed By God makes up for it when linking with SV anyway.

You have a strong enough mono AGI team to handle pretty much any content in the game currently fwiw. Even Gotenks isn't an issue with this team. Golden Frieza's probably the hardest one. Haven't tried that one with mono AGI myself.

Sweet.

And Golden Frieza was really hard with my mono AGL team. I've only beaten it once, and it took all items.

Sweet.

And Golden Frieza was really hard with my mono AGL team. I've only beaten it once, and it took all items.

lol..you have janemba and buuhan...why are you running mono agl? run mono int with double buuhan leads and laugh at how easy it is.
Run:
Buuhan
Janemba
buucolo
super baby 2
turles
mai
TUR buuhan friend

Keep TUR buuhan and janemba together, and keep your buuhan and buucolo on the other. Save your ki for TUR buuhan to super.
You'll heal every round, block and super every other round. You'll prolly won't use a single item cept a baba for his final phase.
If you can get TUR buuhan enough orbs for him to be at ~95k atk, he'll one shot final phase freeza.

Anoregon

Just pulled the trigger on my androids, finally have my first LR!

Syntsui

10 more pulls on Rose because I'm a idiot, got a third AGL Frieza and a third Syn Shenron. At this point I don't think I have that many quests left to get stones x.x

7 more runs of Godtenks, 11 more for Buuhan, requiring 450 STA and only 37.5 hours PogChamp

Then I have enough for 1 LR Android(already have one at SA 10) plus the 4 paths.

TheAznOne

No idea. This dupe glitch may have been possible on global as well. I'm not too sure.

It was. But it got patched recently with JP. Not many people talked about this certain topic since it's wasn't really quite known but those who knew about it, made a killing in duped stones.

Durden77

Is my INT Golden Frieza broken or something?

I hear a lot about how he's a really good unit (TUR version), but mine barely cracks 100,000 usually at SA 3. It's like the 60% attack buff doesn't do anything. The 60% in defense makes him a OK tank though, but Janemba seems to still tank better and he only gets the flat 5000 defense.

Palabrah

Is my INT Golden Frieza broken or something?

I hear a lot about how he's a really good unit (TUR version), but mine barely cracks 100,000 usually at SA 3. It's like the 60% attack buff doesn't do anything. The 60% in defense makes him a OK tank though, but Janemba seems to still tank better and he only gets the flat 5000 defense.
INT isn't that great. Teq and AGL are the good ones

ffvorax

Damn I'm wasting so many stones on these banner with no revenue that I'm at the same time tempted to buy the 91 stones on sale, and not to do it because of all the shitty pulls I had until now... :\

So last week of gifts and half stamina and 3x quest... until the next event... :p

Started the Buuhan event and Buuhan goes first. Immediate super. Tell me, Bandai, how would your shit support item help me? Not having the close app is gonna be infuriating when shit like this happens...

Started the Buuhan event and Buuhan goes first. Immediate super. Tell me, Bandai, how would your shit support item help me? Not having the close app is gonna be infuriating when shit like this happens...

Exactly what I think. I did the Golden Freeza event. Althought it's rather easy with my team, with only a senzu needed, I'm not safe from being one shot. Golden Freeza started the turn with two attacks against my Godtenks TUR. 120k of damages, I had like one HP left and 3 more attacks were coming. There's no way I would've survived this and because the item doesn't start before the next turn, it was impossible for me to ever use it.

Basically, without the close app, it would've been an instant death turn and a free stone for Bamco to take from me (granted I wanted to continue the fight though).

This is utter bullshit.

ffvorax

Ok this exploit correction coming is convincing me not to buy stones... :\

It's ok to correct exploits, but in this case the game will be too much a point of pure luck than actual good units/strategy.... :(

Ok this exploit correction coming is convincing me not to buy stones... :

It's ok to correct exploits, but in this case the game will be too much a point of pure luck than actual good units/strategy.... :(

There'll be basically times when you'll lose without any choice.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Exactly what I think. I did the Golden Freeza event. Althought it's rather easy with my team, with only a senzu needed, I'm not safe from being one shot. Golden Freeza started the turn with two attacks against my Godtenks TUR. 120k of damages, I had like one HP left and 3 more attacks were coming. There's no way I would've survived this and because the item doesn't start before the next turn, it was impossible for me to ever use it.

Basically, without the close app, it would've been an instant death turn and a free stone for Bamco to take from me (granted I wanted to continue the fight though).

This is utter bullshit.
Bruh, you brag about only needing 1 Senzu, then use a baba, DMGreducer, anything. You guys are acting silly.

This is utter bullshit.

There'll be basically times when you'll lose without any choice.
Exactly. It's either waste a baba in the off chance the enemy will super, or risk a super. I put my dealer up first so he could seal. But it's in vain because the enemy can super at the very beginning of the match. If they make it so enemies can't super at the start of a turn of be a little happier. But honestly just show us if the enemy will super without the need for a support item.

Edit:
Bruh, you brag about only needing 1 Senzu, then use a baba, DMGreducer, anything. You guys are acting silly.
Is it really silly to be upset that the enemy can super at the very start of a match? I can't seal it, I can't use their rather useless support item to foresee a super. So I either become omniscient and know when the enemy will super or I just use a minimum of 1 baba even if I might not need it. Fix the app close I don't care, but compensate us in a way that RNG can't fuck us right at the start of the match...

HawthorneKitty

Yes, let''s blindly use babas, etc and spend everything on the first two turns, then we can be killed on the 3rd turn instead of the first one.
Dont get into the mentality that you need to hoard items you'll never use. Global peeps know what's coming 6 months ahead and the game has not changed to the point of always needing to use all 8 items each run. If you do, teambuild more effieciently.

linkent

Yes, let''s blindly use babas, etc and spend everything on the first two turns, then we can be killed on the 3rd turn instead of the first one.
The correct strategy is to cycle tank/type advantage around.
Use defensive item when there is no tank present.

This also make people to go with type advantage on each bosses instead of using mono XXX for every encounter.

Still it is a pretty silly change especially for WT.
totally unnecessary.

You've got 8 items, there's no way to use them all in two turns, especially since stuff like whis/icarus lasts for 2.
Y'all being dramatic, if you are getting one turn killed by a boss, and you need to use all your items in 2 turns, it means your team isn't ready for it.

HawthorneKitty

The only one acting silly is you. idk why you keep caping for this shitty half-step solution.
It's called the intended way to play, not any kind of solution. The entire battle system of Dokkan battle is RNG except the rotation of the 7 units. We teambuild and bring items to try to mitigate the chance of RNG fucking us over, it's that simple.

Meneses

The correct strategy is to cycle tank/type advantage around.
Use defensive item when there is no tank present.

This also make people to go with type advantage on each bosses instead of using mono XXX for every encounter.

Still it is a pretty silly change especially for WT.
totally unnecessary.

Well, that's my basic strategy (and I think most people's strategy). I regularly use Babas and Yemmas.

Doesn't change the fact that this will just cause people to run out of items sooner and make long fights harder to survive, especially if you don't have all top tier units (but i'm sure BamcoKitty will say it's easy with 2 SSJ4s + 50 Roses and 300 Friezas)

You've got 8 items, there's no way to use them all in two turns, especially since stuff like whis/icarus lasts for 2.
Y'all being dramatic, if you are getting one turn killed by a boss, and you need to use all your items in 2 turns, it means your team isn't ready for it.

Whis and Icarus are rare items, as are Ushers.

Even Babas, Pilafs and Yemmas aren't that common, and I buy them everytime I see them (I have around 200-ish of those).

If they start putting those items on the daily Zenny shop rotation it will be at least a step in the right direction. Or make them clearly farmable without RNG.

But all this doesn't change the fact that not showing supers was always a purely greedy and "fuck you" decision from the start. Bamco wasn't expecting the exploit against it, and now they're finally "solving" it in the most baffling way possible.

Meneses

It's called the intended way to play, not any kind of solution. The entire battle system of Dokkan battle is RNG except the rotation of the 7 units. We teambuild and bring items to try to mitigate the chance of RNG fucking us over, it's that simple.

And it was always a bullshit system that became tolerable due to exploits.

To "mitigate the chance of RNG fucking us over" can't be an acceptable system.

HawthorneKitty

And it was always a bullshit system that became tolerable due to exploits.

To "mitigate the chance of RNG fucking us over" can't be an acceptable system.
Clearly it's acceptable if you've been playing all this time and gonna keep playing, regardless when this small part is patched.

Well the point of those rare items is to use them when your team isn't really up to the task. That's the point of any rare item/gun/vehicle in any game, to make a difficult thing easier.

If you still can't do it with those items, then you're just out of you league and you should wait to try again when you have a better team.

Meneses

Clearly it's acceptable if you've been playing all this time and gonna keep playing, regardless when this small part is patched.

I've been playing all this time because there have been ways of dealing with the bullshit gameplay parts of the game.

And I appreciate your Nostradamus side, but you couldn't be more wrong about the second half of your sentence.

HawthorneKitty

I've been playing all this time because there have been ways of dealing with the bullshit gameplay parts of the game.

And I appreciate your Nostradamus side, but you couldn't be more wrong about the second half of your sentence.
Well I hope you have fun until the exploit is patched and you quit.

Top Bottom