• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 Announced! [PS4/3DS (simultaneous), NX (tentative)]

Hoo-doo

Banned
PS4 version is all I care about and that's sure to come out in EU/US seeing how the console is doing gangbusters there.

Can't wait.

Also Level-5, where is my Ni No Kuni 2? I neeeeeed it.

Porcile

CK_YGZDVEAAhjWW.jpg:large
Neat.

Mikey Jr.

PS4 version is all I care about and that's sure to come out in EU/US seeing how the console is doing gangbusters there.

Can't wait.

Also Level-5, where is my Ni No Kuni 2? I neeeeeed it.

One of the best things about this conf is that level 5 wasn't mentioned.

crinale

I am beyond excited for these (and anything Dragon Quest). Time to start begging for X and XI localization on PS4 through #buildthelist.

Well it turned out Verendus's 5 Dragon Quests for PS were DQH / DQH2 / DQB & DQ10 /11 (revealed today). He did say all of 5 games will be localized

Celine

Do we know which Dragon Quest sold the most and how many ?

I have DQVIII in my mind with 4.5 million copies sold WW.

Dragon Quest VIII:
As July 2013
WW: 4.90M
JP: 3.80
Abroad: 1.10

as Dec. 2006
WW: 4.67M
JP: 3.68M
Abroad: 0.99M

Dragon Quest IX:
As July 2013
WW: 5.51M
JP: 4.40M
Abroad: 1.11M (as Dec. 2013)

Dragon Quest X:
As July 2013
JP: 0.70M

Teletraan1

Banned
Crisis averted. Just happy I can play a jrpg. Pretty cool that it is the same story on both but different builds so we won't get any platform x is holding back platform y bs.

Interesting. Looking at the footage PS4 version is behind the 3DS.

The 3DS version seems to use recycled assets from other DQ 3DS games, a bit like how the remakes did on DS so it was probably quite easy (and cheap to put together). Doesn't surprise me that the PS4 version isn't as far along.

RPGCrazied

I'm not going to worry, PS4 version will come. If Star Ocean 5 and Nier 2 can release in NA, so can this one. 3DS though, who knows. And why even bring up the NX? Its not even a real console at this point, we have no idea what it is.

Boney

Banned
All of this makes me so happy. 2d sprites, awesome looking 3ds game, gorgeous ps4 game and even an NX announcement!

If you told me the PS4 version was a direct " sequel " to DQVIII I would believe you. The character design looks like a direct copy of the DQVIII design ( sword + overcoat + ankle high boots ). The look of the overworld and everything looks familiar. Everything.

Its like they went into my head during a dream and said, " hey, this looks cool lets do this "

Arkeband

Banned
Awesome. My wallet will happily open for each and every one of them. =)

DQX being localized for the West is a big deal if they end up announcing that. They would need to hire a team that could approach FFXIV's size and there would be big infrastructure costs.

It's not as simple as just translating the game and being done with it, MMO's need to be constantly monitored and maintained.

Truly, the Media Create event of 2016. Also, looking at both the 3DS and PS4 version, seeing a true next gen console DQ beats out the kinda gimmicky 2D/3D thing going on with 3DS at least for me.

Haha , no way the PS4 version will beat the 3DS version unless the 3DS version have stock problems , still that week will be very interesting ; shops owners will need to hire more to handle the buyers!

BadWolf

This should be hitting 2016 after FFXV so the install base for JRPGs should be more substantial by then in Japan on PS4.

Star Ocean 5 is also hitting the same year.

Top Bottom