• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 Announced! [PS4/3DS (simultaneous), NX (tentative)]

Calamari41

41 > 38
Similar sentiment was held during the Wii U's launch period and we thought DQX would appear to fill up the West's first/second year...

Good point, but I think DQX is a different enough animal compared to DQ IX and XI to not have the fate of XI bound by what happened to X. It's far from a sure thing at all, though, of course.

If NX will get the PS4 version then localizing it would be pointless, it will get destroyed in sales in the west.

But then, the localization will already be done, right?

I'm confident we will get 11 on ps4 in the West, but I'm not sure we will see the 3ds one, unless 7/8 come to whet the appetite first.
Oh yeah, I wasn't presuming about localization.

Yeah, I know. As someone who follows MC threads still going to be amazing to watch when it drops.
My bad.
It should be one of the biggest weeks of the year. I'll probably import PS4 and double dip on whatever comes West.

Lots of pages for a game that probably won't even make it to the west

Boo_This_Man.gif

Josh7289

That 3DS split screen idea is really really cool.

Also how can they announce a game for NX?! It's not even officially announced yet! This is now literally the first announced NX game ever.

Dark_castle

CK_q-8rUYAAPTkT.jpg:orig

Unreal Engine 4 saving Square Enix

Considering that Unreal Engine 3 looked pretty darn good for The Last Remnant on PC, I'm glad SE finally comes to the realization that they don't always need to make their own engine for their HD games. Still excited to see the full potential of Luminous Engine though.

Instro

Screens look great, will have to watch the video later. Would be tempted to buy both, but certainly the console version at least. I'd be interested to see how they developed the 3ds version.

LOCK

I will buy all versions.

I will play this game.

Super hyped!

Seems NX is off to a great start. Now we wait for SE to localize 10.....and all the rest....:/

li bur

I'm truly happy for all the recent jrpg announcements, it gives me hopes that the game console industry will take off with all that jrpgs.

Im pretty sure there were some npcs in the distance on the walkway above. Nothing upclose but they did look to be walking across something. Speaking of ps4 version.

Walpurgis

Banned
Considering that Unreal Engine 3 looked pretty darn good for The Last Remnant on PC, I'm glad SE finally comes to the realization that they don't always need to make their own engine for their HD games. Still excited to see the full potential of Luminous Engine though.
UE3 was garbage. UE4 is incredibly versatile though. I'm also glad that Japanese developers are realising that

xevis

Banned
3DS version looking like everything I ever hoped for. Sprites and turns aplenty! Also the NX version means I don't need to buy a console dongle from Sony. Huzzah!

Elandyll

Banned
Looks like DQXI might be my first DQ ever if the PS4 versin makes it to the west (which is liely to be the case according to Verendus).
Looks good :)

11redder

I think both versions look great, will get both day one if they're released in the West, and probably double dip on whatever version the NX gets. I know some see it as a gimmick, but I think the 2D/3D mechanic on the 3DS is really cool, a great nod to the series' roots for the 30th anniversary.

kadotsu

Banned
3DS version looking like everything I ever hoped for. Sprites and turns aplenty! Also the NX version means I don't need to buy a console dongle from Sony. Huzzah!

Wait for a localization announcement before you celebrate the game being on a region locked console.

BadWolf

That is exactly why this is so funny.Unless Square-Enix really didn´t wanted to have bad blood with nintendo.

The mainline series usually lands on the best selling systems, in this case that would be PS4 and 3DS.

The PS3 is also being excluded, even though it got DQH and DQB.

AgeEighty

YES! This is the best news I could've asked for today!

It looks as if the PS4/NX version is not cel shaded? Or at least not in the same manner VIII was. I'll miss that look, but I also love the look of Heroes, so it's all good to me.

Oh god I can't wait. Please give us another in-game orchestral score from Sugiyama, S-E!

kollapse

Neo Member
It all looks incredible; I love the idea of the 2D simultaneous world on the 3DS, and the PS4 version looks gorgeous. How cool is it that we have new DQ sprite work being generated for a brand new game?

What an incredible announcement.

Top Bottom