• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders |OT| - "If you build it, they will come."

ys45

The writing is charming as heck.

I love when your character falls asleep in the start during the tutorial.

The writing since Dragon Quest remake 4 on DS (don't remember the one on NES) has always been great .

Not sure if it's SE or Nintendo that does the localization but they dod a good job .

The writing since Dragon Quest remake 4 on DS (don't remember the one on NES) has always been great .

Not sure if it's SE or Nintendo that does the localization but they dod a good job .

Plus Alpha did VIII, rocket slime, ix, iv, v and joker

8-4 did vi

Shloc did heroes and vii

Zero315

Banned
Me too. DLC code not working but if I look at the Games in my Library on PS4 it shows +3 (addons) but won't install or show them anywhere.

Same here, but that's probably just the Day One Edition stuff, which redeemed just fine. the Amazon pre-order code just spits out an invalid/used code error. Might have to wait for the store update for the Amazon code to work.

antibolo

Banned
Funny story, when I pre-ordered Day of the Tentacle -- which was cross-buy -- the actual pre-order mentioned PS4 only (of course), but the preload for the Vita version actually worked as well (of course).

So Im torn between getting this or DQ7 I like both games but I really can't buy both at the moment. As someone who's only played DQ9 which should I get? I've been wanting to get into dragon quest for a while since I really like how cute the designs are

Roubjon

Wait, there was Day One Edition with extras? What did I miss?

You didn't miss anything since every first print version of the game is the "Day One Edition". Square has done this with all of their games recently. If you buy Dragon Quest Heroes on Amazon right now you'd probably still get the Day One Edition.

So Im torn between getting this or DQ7 I like both games but I really can't buy both at the moment. As someone who's only played DQ9 which should I get? I've been wanting to get into dragon quest for a while since I really like how cute the designs are

Do you want an action builder? Get this game.
Do you want a straightforward RPG? Get DQ7.

vypek

The game is being delivered to me today. This might be a game I save for my vacation near the end of the year. Even when I finish Mafia 3, I don't know that I'll be done playing with this before World of Final Fantasy.

Got the game.

It's in French! Although annoyingly, I have to set my PS4 to "Français (France)" instead of "Français (Canada)" for the game to boot in French. This is a thing amongst Japanese games and I don't know why. Surely they can see the list of languages offered by the console. Maybe they think Canada's French is wildly different from France's, like it is between Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese Portuguese. But it's not.

Oh well. It's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

Now onto enjoying this game!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Seems like stores are under estimating the demand for this game....my local Gamestop only got in two copies. One for a preorder and one extra. Theyre holding the one extra for me until i get there after work. So keep in mind if you want this in the store, check early and fast lol

Knuf

Sooo conflicted on this one... tried the PS4 demo and I loved it, but I'd rather get the game on Vita, since from what I played it seems like that would be a way better match for me: no retail Vita version makes that choice difficult to me, though, because I'm avoiding digital whenever I can... ugh S-E, why oh why did you skip physical Vita version printing? :(

N° 2048

Sooo conflicted on this one... tried the PS4 demo and I loved it, but I'd rather get the game on Vita, since from what I played it seems like that would be a way better match for me: no retail Vita version makes that choice difficult to me, though, because I'm avoiding digital whenever I can... ugh S-E, why oh why did you skip physical Vita version printing? :(

Just buy the Asia physical release. All english.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24272

Region Free: Yes

Menus & Interface : English
Voices: English

fernoca

Seems like stores are under estimating the demand for this game....my local Gamestop only got in two copies. One for a preorder and one extra. Theyre holding the one extra for me until i get there after work. So keep in mind if you want this in the store, check early and fast lol
In a way, they're not under estimating. If that store got 2 copies, it was likely because of the one and only pre-order.

It is usually how it goes with games like this. Sometime they just get 1 copy, and that only copy is the famous gutted copy. Because no one preordered and they have to put something out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alrighty thank you! I think I'll go pick this up then since Im working on SMT apocalypse on my 3ds right now anyways

I think DQ7 is a great game, but it's an insanely slow burn. The fact that the jobs don't open up until so deep in that it makes it tough to adjust to. I'd grab Builders for now and get 7 when you hit a drought.

Stargypsy

Just waiting for UPS.
I got a survey a from Prima a few weeks ago which gave a free eguide for filling it out.
The only game that really stood out was DQ builders. It's been a challenge not to open it up and look thru it while waiting.

Game wasn't even on my radar, but I think I'm going to try and snag a copy today. Even though it's the busy season, and I still have a handful of games I'm going to purchase, I'm really interested in this because it offers something different from almost all of the games that have or are releasing this fall.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You didn't miss anything since every first print version of the game is the "Day One Edition". Square has done this with all of their games recently. If you buy Dragon Quest Heroes on Amazon right now you'd probably still get the Day One Edition.

OK. I have a birthday coupon at Best Buy and my Gamer's Club, so maybe I'll go buy it there. Seems like it will be cheaper after discounts and such.

After work today hopefully!

MrDaravon

Great, wife was really looking forward to this today and just found Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet despite having it preordered forever ago and advertising release date delivery :(. To customer service I go I guess, but fucking lame. I know I always see people complaining about these sorts of issues, but ever since Amazon has started doing Release Date Delivery this is literally the first time they've ever failed me :(

Stencil

Did I miss the opportunity to download "Day One Edition" DLC? Like, did I have to preorder it to get all the extras?

I fumbled thanks to Stardew Valley... I had been anticipating DQB so hard until I downloaded SV and I've been so addicted I forgot to preorder. Oh well. Even if I had remembered, I think it'll be a while until I have time for a game other than SV.

Two such addicting games, I doubt I can find time for both.

Akala

Great, wife was really looking forward to this today and just found Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet despite having it preordered forever ago and advertising release date delivery :(. To customer service I go I guess, but fucking lame. I know I always see people complaining about these sorts of issues, but ever since Amazon has started doing Release Date Delivery this is literally the first time they've ever failed me :(

Same thing happened to me, I broke down and got it digital lol

hollomat

Banned
I'm interested in impressions on the vita version. All the reviews have been for PS4 but I'd much rather play on vita.

Seems like a perfect game for vita.

I'm interested in impressions on the vita version. All the reviews have been for PS4 but I'd much rather play on vita.

I played both demos side by side last night, the biggest difference to me is the graphical downgrade on the Vita version. Inferior LOD and textures,and the game isn't as 'bright' as the PS4 version, even with my OLED Vita screen the colors don't pop like they do on my TV. I'm not surprised given the scale of the game, and that may or may not be important to you. Otherwise, the nature of the game itself is pretty ideal for on the go/short bursts from what I can see. I wish there was some form of crossplay/crossbuy.

antibolo

Banned

Yeah it's a real shame how every review outlet has been ignoring the Vita version. Though I assume it's SE's fault, they probably didn't give review copies of the Vita version at all.

Top Bottom