• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes pre-order is up on Steam! Releasing December 3rd!

Tizoc

edit: beaten but whatevs.
What was the frame rate of the PS4 version?

The game ran at 60 FPS and for the most part attempted to keep it steady, any drops felt like they're within the 10 frame range so it would run between 50-60 FPS if there was a lot on screen, but otherwise kept 60 FPS as best it could.

Jinaar

Gawd dammit! *throws PS4 version disc into the shitter*

Why do I even own a PS4?!

*looks at Bloodborne*

I'll always have you, friend. Forever.....

Klossen

Banned
The CPU minimum requirement doesn't give me much hope.

You mean a CPU that's better than the PS4 CPU?

Either way, I'm really surprised the PC version is getting released so fast. Glad people can experience this entertaining game without having to wait needlessly long. I recommend it.

orochi91

Hope it's a good port, I've held off on the PS4 version so far, but I'll get just that version if this port is subpar.

Gawd dammit! *throws PS4 version disc into the shitter*

Why do I even own a PS4?!

*looks at Bloodborne*

I'll always have you, friend. Forever.....

Lol

Check out the Sony First Party thread, Verendus hinted at some more FromSoft X Sony collaborations coming up ;)

Jay RaR

This was the primary reason of me getting a PS4 this season, lol. Glad I held off as long as I could.

Will try if this port is good, considering this is a Tecmo game.

Grief.exe

Lol

Check out the Sony First Party thread, Verendus hinted at some more FromSoft X Sony collaborations coming up ;)

More From Soft games at 30 FPS

gXKM2h.jpg

Akara

Banned
Hope it's a good port, I've held off on the PS4 version so far, but I'll get just that version if this port is subpar.

Lol

Wasn't that just a load of bologny?

And good, PC fans must save our DQ games so they bring it westward! GOO!

Jinaar

Lol

Strangely enough, my poor PS4 is gathering dust. It holds Guilty Gear Xrd/Bloodborne/Last of Us/Dragon Quest Warriors. Not really much to show off. I'll check into that thread now to see if I can beef it up. Thanks!

RM8

Was going to buy it from Green Man Gaming ($46 USD), but it turns out it's freaking $27 on Steam here in Mexico. Regional pricing <3

Remember, the port of Pirate Warriors 3 won't save graphics settings and will only run on low graphics settings and with graphical glitches. The game released months ago and Koei Tecmo has not even acknowledged the problem.

I'm not so sure about this, on one hand I'm glad its going to be coming to PC but on the other it might be a crappy port like with Pirate Warriors 3 so is it even worth buying especially at around full price?

Jams775

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but was this the DQ that they showed where it was kind of like Minecraft in some ways? Or is it supposed to be classic DQ gameplay?

antitrop

One of the better games I've played this year, didn't even like Musous before this.

edit: beaten but whatevs.

The game ran at 60 FPS and for the most part attempted to keep it steady, any drops felt like they're within the 10 frame range so it would run between 50-60 FPS if there was a lot on screen, but otherwise kept 60 FPS as best it could.
Ya, but it never felt completely smooth to me, figure it was probably frame pacing issues.

RM8

Dat region lock doe.
DAT RUSSIAN PRICE.
See, I absolutely despise region locking. But region locks never got me $27 games in the past :^) Plus I can still use Murican Steam keys from GMG and similar sites. Steam is amazing in Mexico <3

Was going to buy it from Green Man Gaming ($46 USD), but it turns out it's freaking $27 on Steam here in Mexico. Regional pricing <3

what the fuck steam, where is my regional pricing too?! charging us like we in the G10
hell i dont even think we are in the G100 if that's a thing

Althane

So I don't know much about it. Can someone explain why it is a muso, why it's not a muso, why it's a muso-like, and why people seem to enjoy arguing about it in those terms?

'cause I'm really confused.

Either way, totes grabbing it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Kitase had an interview at Gamescom where he said about 500 words on this topic and it sounds like it will be a late port so they're not sure when they will announce it.

Yeah I remember that one. Looked like they were focusing on getting the Xbox one and ps4 versions running and finished in time, making a PC port probably would require more time and they'll probably just start with it after they've launched the final game.

StereoVsn

Love DQ Warriors on PS4 but there is no way I would purchase a KT port site unseen at this point. Been burned too much (thank you Steam Refund).

Peff

So I don't know much about it. Can someone explain why it is a muso, why it's not a muso, why it's a muso-like, and why people seem to enjoy arguing about it in those terms?

It is not a musou in that the game mostly consists of smaller, tower-defense-esque maps instead of sprawling maps where you have to capture bases and rout the enemy army.

It's still a musou in that you're controlling characters with very limited movesets fighting braindead enemies that hardly ever pose a challenge, which is actually a step back from other recent musou games like One Piece or Zelda.

The fanservice part of seeing well-animated DQ characters and monsters in HD is pretty good, though.

antitrop

'cause I'm really confused.

Either way, totes grabbing it.

It's a Musou with a strong emphasis on tower defense. For some people, the tower defense is enough to make it completely different from a standard Musou.

Grief.exe

That was the perfect response gif to my post lol.

Still, we had just reached a point where From games were being preserved indefinitely at modern resolutions and smooth framerates only to be locked to proprietary hardware again. It's an unfortunate situation.

Can't even tell you how jarring it was going from hundreds of hours of silky smooth 60 fps Dark Souls to Bloodborne.

If only From will decouple all of their calculations from framerate one day...120/144 FPS Souls would be phenomenal.

Sargon

I'll add this to my wishlist and keep an eye on it.

I'm happy with the Dragon Quest news of late though, between this game and also DQ7 and DQ8 coming to 3DS in the US.

Hopefully that means DQ10 may eventually see the light of day on some platform.

Mifec

I just want it to have resolutions above 1080p rofl, cuz DW didn't have even that.

Can't even tell you how jarring it was going from hundreds of hours of silky smooth 60 fps Dark Souls to Bloodborne.

I played maybe 2 hours before I couldn't take it anymore. Shame since the game was ok.

orochi91

That was the perfect response gif to my post lol.

Still, we had just reached a point where From games were being preserved indefinitely at modern resolutions and smooth framerates only to be locked to proprietary hardware again. It's an unfortunate situation.

I'm confident Sony will release a PC platform sometime later this gen or the next, they won't keep ignoring a massive platform like PC.

Should that come to pass, hopefully the entire PS4 catalogue will be made gradually available.

Pretty sure they've gone on record saying that they don't see PC as a competitor to PS console market, plus what with them allowing PC ports for multiple console exclusives.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII AND Dragon Quest Heroes's release dates announced for PC on the same day?

There's never been a better time to be a PC gamer.

Top Bottom