• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IX Release Date: July 11, 2010

botticus

Mejilan said:
Damn, I guess I missed out, since I have yet to get my package. Alas.
Did you get any of their emails? They sent a follow-up yesterday to confirm everyone received the packages. Perhaps you didn't respond to the initial email in time.

Aeana

I replied to the question immediately, but forgot to include my name as the e-mail asks. I sent another one a few minutes later, but I probably missed it.

Jeels

Ulairi said:
I hope they e-mail people if they are in or out.

They said they would either immediately after the 100 are filled, or after the entire period itself. It ends Sunday I believe.

Aeana

Jeels said:
So uh, who has dibs on the OP?
I usually make DQ official threads. But if the 5 people on here who care about the game would rather have someone else do it, that's cool.

Jeels

Aeana said:
I usually make DQ official threads. But if the 5 people on here who care about the game would rather have someone else do it, that's cool.

I will definitely get back to you on that. I feel like this game deserves an extremely well done OP, so if I know I can dedicate the time for one, I'd like to take a shot at it.

Oxx

The date in the thread title makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... but then I remember that the European release is 12 days later than the US one.

Aeana

Jeels said:
I will definitely get back to you on that. I feel like this game deserves an extremely well done OP, so if I know I can dedicate the time for one, I'd like to take a shot at it.
If you'd like, we could team up. I was actually looking forward to doing it myself, but it would be nice to have some help.

Jeels

Aeana said:
If you'd like, we could team up. I was actually looking forward to doing it myself, but it would be nice to have some help.

That would be great. I sort of have some ideas in my head already I'll send to you post E3 (going out of town, packing now, but I'll be back next weekend). I'm sure a good OP could garner at least some interest among people who have not played or don't know much about the series.

Aeana

I didn't make it, I guess. But I'm not surprised. As I said before, I was too trigger-happy on my first reply, and forgot to include my name.

So what are the reports from Japan on this game? I checked amazon japan and its extremely mixed.

I really love DQV on the DS, I hope it can be as awesome as that!

Lee N

Membre
Darthdevidem01 said:
So what are the reports from Japan on this game? I checked amazon japan and its extremely mixed.

A very vocal minority seemed to hate it simply because it was on a portable. I've played through the Japanese version of the game and I love it, so I don't get the hate.

You're in for a treat.

Aeana

Looks like I did make it in the contest, after all. My e-mail was just delayed or something.

Door2Dawn said:
Doesn't this game have a class system or something?
Yes. It's like a mix between DQ3's and DQ8's skill point system, although abilities don't carry over exactly as they have in past DQ games with class systems.

Ulairi

Banned
the second question for the game came out from Nintendo. I selected Ninja as the class that we cannot be. I hope I'm right.

Ulairi said:
the second question for the game came out from Nintendo. I selected Ninja as the class that we cannot be. I hope I'm right.
This was a US only thing right ?
I didn't get mine even for the first one.

Pyrokai

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm currently playing Dragon Quest IV on the DS. It's my first Dragon Quest game and so far, so good. I'm pretty addicted, but I'm only about 4 hours in. Got through the first chapter and I'm in the middle of things in the second.

I also was wondering: wasn't there a thread on NeoGAF all about DQIV and V? Maybe I'm just thinking of the Official Threads or something but......I can't remember. Does anyone have all the relevant links to all the DQ NeoGAF threads?

john tv

Pyrokai said:
Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm currently playing Dragon Quest IV on the DS. It's my first Dragon Quest game and so far, so good. I'm pretty addicted, but I'm only about 4 hours in. Got through the first chapter and I'm in the middle of things in the second.

I also was wondering: wasn't there a thread on NeoGAF all about DQIV and V? Maybe I'm just thinking of the Official Threads or something but......I can't remember. Does anyone have all the relevant links to all the DQ NeoGAF threads?
DQ4: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334126
DQ5: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351643

botticus

Ulairi said:
Final question came out, i picked slimy slime.
Yeah, took me about 15 seconds longer than it should have since I also didn't recognize She-Slime, but oh well. Hopefully 30 seconds is quick enough!

Hobbun

An info booklet?

Do you mean it is something akin to the mini-booklet that was handed out for FF XIII at GS?

Edit: Asking because I couldn't open the link at work.

BlueWord

Darthdevidem01 said:

It's definitely a great game, but it sort of remixes the DQ formula, without really changing much. The core experience is very similar. In other words, I don't think it's going to win over people who don't like these games, though I could be wrong.

As for the amazon review I think the Japanese just don't like ganguro fairies in their fantasy.

Pyrokai

Aeana, did you by chance make a big thread once about DQIV and V a long time ago talking about the games and stuff? I seem to remember something about them.

Do you.....happen to have the links to all your Official Threads? :p

Also, I'm playing DQIV for the first time on DS (my first Dragon Quest game ever) and I'm really enjoying it. I just finished the second chapter! Now I'm trying to figure out if I should play DQ8 or 9 after I finish 4 :p

Ulairi

Banned
botticus said:
Yeah, took me about 15 seconds longer than it should have since I also didn't recognize She-Slime, but oh well. Hopefully 30 seconds is quick enough!

I replied back to them at 10:01 am. I hope that is in enough time. There are only 50 people answering the question though.

botticus

Ulairi said:
I replied back to them at 10:01 am. I hope that is in enough time. There are only 50 people answering the question though.
I know someone got through to this round answering after 3 minutes, so with any luck answering within 1 minute will be enough for the last 25.

Dineren

Banned
Pyrokai said:
Aeana, did you by chance make a big thread once about DQIV and V a long time ago talking about the games and stuff? I seem to remember something about them.

Do you.....happen to have the links to all your Official Threads? :p

Also, I'm playing DQIV for the first time on DS (my first Dragon Quest game ever) and I'm really enjoying it. I just finished the second chapter! Now I'm trying to figure out if I should play DQ8 or 9 after I finish 4 :p

I always enjoy reading back through Dragon Quest threads so I've saved some you might be interested in. Just be careful for spoilers if you haven't played them before.

Dragon Quest IV DS Official Thread
Dragon Quest V DS Official Thread
Dragon Quest Appreciation Thread
Dragon Quest Marathon Thread
Dragon Quest VIII Official Thread

Oxx

I was very much late-to-the-party with DQ4 and DQ5, but I did enjoy looking through the threads after I had finished the games.

I'm currently pondering whether or not to import IX. The European release is 12 days after the NA one.

Top Bottom