• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Direct (3DS Focused) Announced for June 21

Dystify

I wouldn't expect any Switch release date announcement/mention until after the game released on the other systems.

So...it's "focused" lol. We've seen this story a hundred times on what "focus" means. I'm expecting some kind of info on the Switch version.

extralite

So...it's "focused" lol. We've seen this story a hundred times on what "focus" means. I'm expecting some kind of info on the Switch version.

Even though it has been explained numerous times that SE isn't willing to give any info before the release of the other two versions?

To recap, Horii and Saitou have made no secret of the Switch version from the beginning (NX back then). But they also never detailed it, nor was it advertised in any way. Yet it was reconfirmed in interviews and at later official announcements.

Horii said it shouldn't be too long after the other two versions because of spoilers.

The most Nintendo could tell their fans on the official Nintendo home page in January was, that they confirmed with SE that a Switch version is still planned.

Saitou said he couldn't give any concrete info because of business reasons. Even before that, SE clarified that there would be no more info until after the release of the other two versions.

When the Switch version can realistically be expected is completely up in the air.

Even though it has been explained numerous times that SE isn't willing to give any info before the release of the other two versions?

To recap, Horii and Saitou have made no secret of the Switch version from the beginning (NX back then). But they also never detailed it, nor was it advertised in any way. Yet it was reconfirmed in interviews and at later official announcements.

Horii said it shouldn't be too long after the other two versions because of spoilers.

The most Nintendo could tell their fans on the official Nintendo home page in January was, that they confirmed with SE that a Switch version is still planned.

Saitou said he couldn't give any concrete info because of business reasons. Even before that, SE clarified that there would be no more info until after the release of the other two versions.

When the Switch version can realistically be expected is completely up in the air.

Wow thanks for the info. I didn't know.

extralite

Wow thanks for the info. I didn't know.

I have to add, even though Horii commented on when the Switch version should arrive, that is hardly a guarantee. It might be much later, because of, you know, business reasons.

But I suspect this interview statement might be holding back 3DS preorders, since some might still hope they can play on Switch instead of 3DS.

Looking forward to playing the 2D version. Not sure what the appeal of the janky 3D is to be honest.
The 2D version doesn't look that great - it's a noticeable step down in visuals from DQVI and DQIIIr. Also not having monster animations in battles is a real downer. I will definitely play it but it's not the main draw for me

TrutaS

I'm expecting a Switch announcement at the very least. Would be great to see a short gameplay clip with the announcement.

NSESN

It was really needed. The 3DS version is doing pretty badly in pre orders, being outsold by both the PS4 version and Splatoon 2.

mrjohill

I've been thinking about getting the 3DS version not for the 2d but for the 3D. I think the chibi sprites are actually great

Ridley327

It was really needed. The 3DS version is doing pretty badly in pre orders, being outsold by both the PS4 version and Splatoon 2.

Is this the kind of series where pre-orders tell the whole story? I was always under the impression that Squenix prints a couple million and watches as they all get picked up the day of release.

Oregano

Is this the kind of series where pre-orders tell the whole story? I was always under the impression that Squenix prints a couple million and watches as they all get picked up the day of release.

It still normally racks up lots of preorders. However it's true that the 3DS version is more likely to me an impulse purchase as it's both cheaper and on a bigger install base.

Raw64life

Should put JP in the title, for fuck's sake.

I've been a DQ fan long enough that I knew what the deal is.

Although it would be very indicative of how DQ is treated in the west to not announce it at E3 and then just toss out press release and a tweet a few days later.

Yagami_Sama

I hope that they show some details of the Switch version. I don't expect it to happen, but it would be great to see some news regarding the Switch version.

Kanann

Gonna be a lot of disappointed people then...

大人の事情wwwって草ってるけどマジだから

Adult situation is strong on this game.

Top Bottom