• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma II - Capcom's Highest Concurrent User-Peak SP Game (Currently 173k) Beating out RE4make

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Which is fine, but some games can’t even have a hiccup without it being sent to the gallows. (Suicide squad for example)

It's pretty telling seeing the exact same people who were relentlessly moaning about the live-service trappings in SS (which, at release, were a cash shop for cosmetics which literally have no impact on gameplay) and how folks who were enjoying the game were part of the problem, now telling folks to just "relax and ignore. . ." MTX in a similarly priced game that is either P2W or P2NG (all while having terrible technical issues across all platforms).

It was probably worse. Couldn't even play at all at the starting area without dropping crazy frames. What you mean?

In ER, I could at least get a stable frame-rate and not have the game randomly crash (or initiate a crash report everytime I exited the program). The constant stuttering though is what pushed me to give up and get the game on console. Here I've just settled for 3K at a locked 40FPS (with all the bells and whistles turned on).

. . .as to which was worse, I'd definitely have to give it to DD2 at the moment.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I guess all the tens of thousands of people who lost their jobs, the canceled projects and games that just flat out struggled in the market are in a different multiverse?

There will always be success stories. Tekken 8, Helldivers 2, DD 2…and there are a ton of games that’ll show up with lukewarm market reception.

I wasn't talking about any particular game. I'm talking about Microsoft's whole philosophy about Xbox and the video game market going forward in general. Gamepass was supposed to be the "next big thing" since traditional gaming is dying in their eyes.

Phil was trying to create a new relationship that gamers had with their gaming habits. It hasn't worked. The first quarter of 2024 has shown us that traditional gaming is still the "IN THING".

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Helldivers 2 showed me what gamers “want” is a crock of shit. Game still crashes, and matchmaking with friends can be fucky.

Generally when a game launched like that on PC it would get nuked in reviews, refunded, and would be dead on arrival. But oh no! Not helldivers2! It has a meme community about democracy so we can ignore all the apparent issues.

Dragons dogma 2, issues as well, and the first capcom game to hit in a minute with this kind of baggage. People buy it anyway and enjoy.

Simply put, a game can run like shit and have major issues, and players do not care because they don’t have standards. They just want to play it.

Which is fine, but some games can’t even have a hiccup without it being sent to the gallows. (Suicide squad for example)

The takeaway should be that people can tolerate a fun game with some performance issues........but will NOT tolerate a badly designed game that has a few hiccups.

It just reached a new all time peak (for the game). It should beat Monster Hunter Rise CCU shortly.

hryW3b7.png

rffvbOI.png

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's doing well but I doubt it'll reach 300k, let alone 400k. The bad press the game has gotten over performance and mtx has to slow sales down somewhat

IAmRei

i'm playing in PS5, havent touch city, but the game itself is ... i'm having blast with it. my friend who plays on PC said the same thing with city.

samjaza

And Steam user rating keeps rising. Up five points in the last couple of days.
All the initial reviews were people complaining about mtx, everyone else was to busy playing the game to review it.
I didn't even know there was mtx until I came up for air after 22 hours of play and saw all the complaining online.
It sucks that its in there at all, but its another one of those games that it seems to been added last minute and buying anything makes the game worse.

Last edited:
Sadly I will never be a fan of such vanilla fantasy backdrops. But I'm still enjoying it very much and more importantly, I'm very much rooting for its success - because this is the kind of open world the industry needs. Ignore combat, just the way the open world is designed is up there with Elden Ring and Zelda. No irritating handholding, pure freedom and the open world really feels like you're being out in the wild somewhere, instead of traveling a glorified hub world like in those Ubi/Square Enix/Sony games.

Last edited:

GHG

Naw, you know steam

Game is not performing as expected? Negative reviews. While they’re still playing.

I played it last night and really, ~75-90 fps open world. Only the capital city (so far that I explored ) kneecaps performances and capcom is looking into it so. Why would I be duped?

Peoples aren’t leaving a negative comment and stop playing. It’s about sending a message. I don’t agree necessarily to it, but it always worked with capcom, RE8 comes to mind.

Oh It absolutely was. Worse imo.

I have no stutter and WILL avg 75~90 fps for 90% of the game, because content is mainly outside cities. And capcom is looking into fixing that so..

Elden Ring all content was stutter at launch. They never really fixed it, improved but still there as far as I know, haven’t touched it in a long time.

DD2 has a 1 min shader compilation. Zero stutter after. Already off to a good start, the dev put more effort in than many devs.

Are you still saying all this now? :

"you know steam"

frustrated huff GIF

Buggy Loop

Are you still saying all this now? :

"you know steam"

frustrated huff GIF

Yeah?

Yes of course it’s still a message sent to devs like the mind hive of gamers always do and they do it many times on Steam

Negative reviews

Highest peak of concurrent players last night.

You Know Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

They don’t stop playing.

A real negative review should have number of players fall off a cliff.

A benchmark from tech Jesus doesn’t change that simple fact.

Last edited:

SantaC

Yeah?

Yes of course it’s still a message sent to devs like the mind hive of gamers always do and they do it many times on Steam

Negative reviews

Highest peak of concurrent players last night.

You Know Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

They don’t stop playing.

A real negative review should have number of players fall off a cliff.

A benchmark from tech Jesus doesn’t change that simple fact.
It is because the game is fun to play. it is a not a braindead shooter with performance problems

iHaunter

Yep, the windy area still gives me more issues than the city in DD2. He's probably talking console though lol
Well, the main issues with DD2 is PC not console. So not sure why he would think that. I'm just doing a 1:1. Elden Ring was far worse on PC than DD2.

IAmRei

Doesn‘t this game run at 30fps on PS5?
As long as i see it. Im inside city, its all quite alright for me. I think it might because im lo-tech gamer or something. But the game itself is not hiccup fest or skeleton stiff animation. Might be better than ff16 a bit. Havent see any trouble... Yet...

Top Bottom