• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 marks Capcom's first $70 base game

GymWolf

Waiting for a small price cut most probably, i can already feel the regret of paying even the cdkeys price for this one.

Ferdimage

Gotta love Aud prices, CDkeys is my go to though.
sgGKi6j.png

That's what I was going to say, everything else was cross-gen. Now though, it just better not be a Demons Souls situation where it clearly meant to be cross-gen title with a cancelled port with the only real next gen feature being fast loading.

Of all the games to accuse of being a cross gen port you choose Demon's Souls? The game that arguably has the most next gen impact to its visuals of any game this gen?

DavidGzz

Probably even sooner, dogma 2 is not gonna sell nowhere near re4 remake.

I know it's been a lot longer since it came out but the original has sold twice as many copies as REmake 4. In a post Elden Ring/Monster Hunter world, I think the sequel will do much better than the first game. People are hungry for the next open world medieval game.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

70 bucks is still a steal for a videogame with so many hours worth of content.
I wouldn't rise a eyebrow if the standard price for games was 90, sometimes 100 bucks.

Forth

70 bucks is still a steal for a videogame with so many hours worth of content.
I wouldn't rise a eyebrow if the standard price for games was 90, sometimes 100 bucks.
I agree with this because of the hours of enjoyment I get but for 90-100 the game better be exactly as it says it's going to be and and future roadmap better be set in stone.

Svejk

I quad-dipped DD1... I'd pay $100 base for DD2 without blinking an eye. Words can't describe how blessed I feel that Capcom allowed this game to exist.

LRKD

$70 is just too much for games. Especially when Most of these games are selling at 100 for the enhanced /deluxe/whatever edition, then there are dlcs, microtransactions and whatever else on top of that. IF devs need more money, then scale back the project. Fire the departments you don't need, like do we really need ethics departments in gaming??? Absofukinglutly not. This game is going to sell like hot cakes, it doesn't need to be $70.

Also, It's crazy how capcom can make a sequel to one of my favorite games of all time go from a day one purchase to just wait and buy used. Too much esg shit leaking from capcom, drm, and anti-mod stance. IF they're supporting everything I'm against then I'm just going to buy it used and make sure I'm not directly supporting them.

magnumpy

despite the high cost, Dragons Dogma 2 looks very appealing to me. it feels similar to Baldurs Gate 3.

(knock on wood!!1) :eek:

Mr Hyde

Even though I'm hyped for this game, I won't buy it at launch. Capcom will most likely drop an expansion or two ala Dark Arisen and then reissue the game with a new edition. Like they do with almost all of their games. Tired of buying their base games and then a year later another edition comes out.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
In my opinion they made the mistake of not including online co op to this game so I'm no longer urgently looking forward to play this game Day one so I'll just wait for a discount or for the Dark Arisen equivalent expansion

$70 is just too much for games. Especially when Most of these games are selling at 100 for the enhanced /deluxe/whatever edition, then there are dlcs, microtransactions and whatever else on top of that. IF devs need more money, then scale back the project. Fire the departments you don't need, like do we really need ethics departments in gaming??? Absofukinglutly not. This game is going to sell like hot cakes, it doesn't need to be $70.

Also, It's crazy how capcom can make a sequel to one of my favorite games of all time go from a day one purchase to just wait and buy used. Too much esg shit leaking from capcom, drm, and anti-mod stance. IF they're supporting everything I'm against then I'm just going to buy it used and make sure I'm not directly supporting them.
70$ for a game that will most likely have 50+ hours of content isn't too much. It sounds like you would rather have a scaled back game for 60$ than a full AAA experience for 70$. Prices for development have gone up, so naturally game costs will too. Don't buy then. Gaming is reasonably cheap hobby compared to many others. Gamers in general are some of the the most unreasonable consumers to ever exist

Last edited:

FeralEcho

And yet in Romania I pre-ordered it at a store for a lower price than usual(considering here a game is 100 dollars at launch)and I got it for 70 dollars.

Me when I got it for 70 dollars...
Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Americans when they hear a game is 70 dollars....
House Depression GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont care about the money but the more they have shown this game the less hyped I get?

It kinda looks a bit janky. Guess we'll see.
Wasn’t that the case with first game? I could be wrong the game got cult following despite it’s because they liked the combat so much?

DavidGzz

70$ for a game that will most likely have 50+ hours of content isn't too much. It sounds like you would rather have a scaled back game for 60$ than a full AAA experience for 70$. Prices for development have gone up, so naturally game costs will too. Don't buy then. Gaming is reasonably cheap hobby compared to many others. Gamers in general are some of the the most unreasonable consumers to ever exist

Yeah, I guess these guys can thank the early adopters for keeping these games coming. Imagine if everyone waited for the games to go down to 1/4 the price. These franchises would be dead. But I get it if you're just not excited about the game. It's my most anticipated of the year.

Kenpachii

Good luck aint buying 60 euro games, let alone 70. Will get the full edition when it drops with all dlc when it drops to 30's.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Taking a risk on an sleeper hit franchise. Good luck to them.
Honestly if the game doesnt have shitty timed quests like the first i actually think word of mouth about the game would be close to elden ring, i dont think the first game isnt as great as people make out but from what ive heard the games pretty big on exploration so i faith itll do really well

Dynasty8

Does CDKeys give you a Steam code? How does this work. Never used them I typically go GOG.

Yes, but be careful of region. That image you posted is showing a Steam icon on the bottom left of the image, but it says EMEA (Eastern Middle East I believe).

I know some people who've had trouble depending on region...usually Global always works for everyone.

The only time they won't give you a "code" is when various sites like this sell access to an "account". I would personally avoid those at all costs.

Probably even sooner, dogma 2 is not gonna sell nowhere near re4 remake.
It depends on a few factors, but I believe that this game could have good lifetime sale legs, much like DD1.

Also, if this game speaks at all to the soulslike audience (if they latch onto it while waiting for Elden Ring DLC), it will gain a boost in sales.

StueyDuck

Unusual game to test this with.

Surely monster hunter wilds or whatever the next RE game would have made more sense.

Top Bottom