• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes

Buggy Loop

are you guys savants?!
I am sitting here, watching this on 48" tv in my face and the compresison is eating all the resolution differences you could extrapolate from that video.
Looks about identical and you are acting like if one version was 240p lol. be real

No, we don't have those glasses

Mark Critch Comedy GIF by CBC

Everything is more blurry, It's really obvious.

I mean if we drop to console equivalent settings and IQ (DLSS performance? I think even that is still better) then you should never have a problem with performances on PC.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No, we don't have those glasses

Mark Critch Comedy GIF by CBC

Everything is more blurry, It's really obvious.

I mean if we drop to console equivalent settings and IQ (DLSS performance? I think even that is still better) then you should never have a problem with performances on PC.
it's not obvious. It looks the same what are you talking about.
blurry? really obviously blurry?! FROM THIS VIDEO ?! are you joking.
How are you even alive being this picky. I can't see the difference.
I mean, obviously 4k dlss is better than ps5. OBVIOUSLY.
BUT YOU CANT SEE THAT IN THE VIDEO

G8utEHx.png

nah man. You cannot say that
UbCLcv9.png

It's the same fucking thing. Keep enlarging that difference like it's your penis haha got you !!!
Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

not to mention, the left one CLEARLY looks like a ps3 game :messenger_tears_of_joy: you trolls

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

G8utEHx.png

nah man. You cannot say that
UbCLcv9.png

It's the same fucking thing. Keep enlarging that difference like it's your penis haha got you !!!
Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV
The difference in the first shot looks very obvious but god this game looks like shit.

Buggy Loop

G8utEHx.png

That's RT OFF vs ON though ?

PS5 vs PC video I can see the difference almost everywhere in the video

But good for you 🤷‍♂️
You have more tolerance and options.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Holy fuck the resolution on PS5 looks bad

A 4080 is over twice the price of a PS5 and requires a good cpu/build to actually feed it data fast enough not to bottleneck!

And of course people still whinge about performance because in the end, its only as impressive as the software allows it to be.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The difference in the first shot looks very obvious but god this game looks like shit.
No it's not. Stop trolling. If that's obvious to you then you are fooling yourself. Difference is minimal and compression is maximal :p

That's RT OFF vs ON though ?

PS5 vs PC video I can see the difference almost everywhere in the video

But good for you 🤷‍♂️
You have more tolerance and options.
yeah got the pic from other vid too. I updated the post.
It's not tolerance. There is no difference man. What I am telling and showing you.

The only difference in both these vids is rt in the room and one rt scene with fire in town square.
Everything else is not worth it. Surely resolution is not even worth mentioning

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
f93e36dd0dfc80bff17d6e9f328597c6.png

88e9463ceba9c6fba9516a806793bb97.png

Doesn't look that bad to be honest considering it's 1440p at max settings which are always "absurd" settings to put, on big cities a 5600x struggles to get 40 FPS on average, but on the open world you can easily get over 60 FPS, which is where the fluidity matters.

Similar case to Starfield it seems, which i ran at around 90 FPS on average, and then on the main city frames could drop up to 40 FPS.
it's interlaced. Closer to 1080p or about there. maybe less. And that's with rt off.
really demanding on cpu

Gaiff

No it's not. Stop trolling. If that's obvious to you then you are fooling yourself. Difference is minimal and compression is maximal :p
Nah, it's pretty blatant. Not sure if it's an AO setting but the right side of that roof isn't even properly shaded on console. For some reason, the shadows are also greyish instead of black. Also looks like the grass is missing self shadows. Second shot, yeah, harder to tell besides the bounce lighting but I think it's because the light on PC is orange and more yellow on PS5.

The difference is clear but doesn't completely alter the looks of the game. Looks shit either way.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nah, it's pretty blatant. Not sure if it's an AO setting but the right side of that roof isn't even properly shaded on console. For some reason, the shadows are also greyish instead of black. Also looks like the grass is missing self shadows. Second shot, yeah, harder to tell besides the bounce lighting but I think it's because the light on PC is orange and more yellow on PS5.

The difference is clear but doesn't completely alter the looks of the game. Looks shit either way.
dude... the right side of that roof?
are you kidding me? If this is RT, then we can end rt race right now. wow the shadow is 1% darker. like cmon man. have some respect.
In the 2nd pic, the ground is more orange from the light. Yes, I see it. but it's still not even worth mentioning.
You keep insisting on clear but it's really not. it just isn't here.

The real difference will be how the shadows on and off rt translate with HDR.

We can agree that it doesn't look too good regardless. FF16 blows this graphics away if we take in similar setting.
But this is physics, simulated world and so on. And I bet it will look way better running natively than on yt

Gaiff

dude... the right side of that roof?
are you kidding me? If this is RT, then we can end rt race right now. wow the shadow is 1% darker. like cmon man. have some respect.
In the 2nd pic, the ground is more orange from the light. Yes, I see it. but it's still not even worth mentioning.
You keep insisting on clear but it's really not. it just isn't here.

The real difference will be how the shadows on and off rt translate with HDR.

We can agree that it doesn't look too good regardless. FF16 blows this graphics away if we take in similar setting.
But this is physics, simulated world and so on. And I bet it will look way better running natively than on yt
I'm saying the difference is obvious, not necessarily massive. For instance, if the grass is green on one side and red on the other, the difference is clear, not necessarily huge.

To be fair, they're actively working on addressing performance on PC. Not consoles. It might be bad a launch but it will get fixed eventually. Consoles... not so much.

See this is what pisses me off so much...why the frick don't they address console performance? Elden Ring was the same thing..they address PC and never did the console!

How much longer can console players be treated like shit before they start to finally get Fed up with it?

Kacho

See this is what pisses me off so much...why the frick don't they address console performance? Elden Ring was the same thing..they address PC and never did the console!

How much longer can console players be treated like shit before they start to finally get Fed up with it?
Not sure. Capcom said they were shifting to PC as their main platform a few years ago, so that might be why it gets priority.

I'd like to see some of these benchmarks ran at 1080p or 1440p. Yes if you have a high end gpu you expect to be able to play at 4k, but thats not always possible with these rushed unoptimized games at launch.

Having said that, the gamne barely looks much better than the orig game maxed out on PC, so i'm guessing the game must be doing a lot of stuff that simply doesnt show well on screenshots lol.

Oh stop the game blows the original out of the water visually

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Set your game for 60 fps standard on the majority avaible mid hardware .. build from there what you can ... bad perfomance and slow fps is equal to bad optimization and bad choices in the development.

For me in 2024 30 fps games are unacceptable no matter how many npcs and puddle reflexes you throw at my face.

The priority should always be fluid gameplay. Period.

nkarafo

It's funny how games don't get significantly better looking the last 5 years or so and despite CPUs/GPUs advancing further, the games run like shit and their requirements continue to climb.

So basically, the better the hardware, the more bloated the code. Because why should i, as a programmer, bother optimizing when i know that modern hardware will probably brute force my shitty code?

StereoVsn

They always remove it after some time
They just patched in more shitty DRM into old games.

Edit: Denuvo might be out but some random crap made by a very suspect outfit will be in. I am done with buying Capcom games on PC for the time being.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

They just patched in more shitty DRM into old games.
You mean that enigma stuff? It was quite shitty of them, but on what i read of it afterwards that drm is basically useless and does nothing. I genuinely think they've been duped. I think they realized that too since they stopped adding it after some time.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

You mean that enigma stuff? It was quite shitty of them, but on what i read of it afterwards that drm is basically useless and does nothing. I genuinely think they've been duped.
I don’t want random shit from random ass suspect company installed on my PC. That’s a very good way to get yourself hacked.

And yes, I did mean Enigma fiasco.

Last edited:
Top Bottom