• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes

Fredrik

See it all the time.
"PC port sucks guess I'll get PS5/Xbox version which runs even worse...for reasons"
Do they even have a PC? Makes you wonder. Anybody on PC should know they could just lower some settings to get better performance.
I’m sure DF will have a video talking about optimal settings for those who think there are too many choices.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
pub-1710876360453.png

fps-4-1710876390236.png
qqH4x5j.gif

Yerd

I'm still kickin it old school with 9900k and 3090. I hope it's not horrible.

I got some brand new zip ties to manage all my cables. There's gonna be no code getting crossed with messy wires. It's all flowing the same direction. Nice and streamlined. The most important thing when it comes to framerates.

Also, I'm thinking about buying fresh batteries for the controller.

Mister Wolf

If Larian was able to clean up their CPU utilization issues in the big city then I know Capcom will fix this.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

The last public build is from like almost a month ago though.
Yup. They really should have fixed it by now.
Any idea what is causing it? I haven't experienced a single crash recently even after running it for five consecutive hours.
Well according to the steam users it might be a memory leak. If you have 32gb ram you might be safe from the crashes. I have 16 gb.

Try playing the map with rain and see if it crashes. For me it crashes frequently. But then again the game crashes also while loading training or when someone does a rage art.

The crash message was UE5 something error. I cannot check it right now, but there's an atleast 77 pages long crash thread on Steam forums.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
See it all the time.
"PC port sucks guess I'll get PS5/Xbox version which runs even worse...for reasons"
runs worse or not but console versions are usually trouble free. Get day early or on release, install, play. That's it.
HDR works, game graphics and performance is what it is, you are not changing anything about it and accept it.
And on ps5, you get dualsense haptics, 3d audio in some games and so on.... AND THE DISC ! OF COURSE

I like that with console gaming. Even if I can get better fps on pc with tweaking, I am kinda done with tweaking. I did it for years, decades.
Buy a game, tweak it for hours since usually I can't just put everything to max and I don't want to go too low either... or there are problems. Usually it's just fine but I just want to get the game and go.
Obviously the newer the system, the better the experience but I've wasted hours on crashes and comparing settings in re4 remake for example and I would be half way finished with the game on ps5 by that time to be honest.
Even with the game runs perfectly on pc, Just because the options are there, I like tweaking them. I feel the need to compare settings. How this looks, how that looks etc.
It is a part of pc experience I like and cherish... just not recently. Recently I like palying on console. And that's years "recently" :p

So yeah, good luck seeing what setting you can forgo to get better cpu performance while I will just be playing.
Maybe it's my OCD because I MUST know the settings. Same reason I dont really like modes on console games.
That's what life as a pcmr gamer made of me. Pc created that monster :p

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Feels like a 'wait a few weeks' game. Think I'll probably go with Rebirth first, and pick this up on PC when they've fixed it.

Yup. They really should have fixed it by now.

Well according to the steam users it might be a memory leak. If you have 32gb ram you might be safe from the crashes. I have 16 gb.

Try playing the map with rain and see if it crashes. For me it crashes frequently. But then again the game crashes also while loading training or when someone does a rage art.

The crash message was UE5 something error. I cannot check it right now, but there's an atleast 77 pages long crash thread on Steam forums.
Yeah, I guess I am lucky to not hit the limit with 32GB of DDR4. Shame about the memory leak. Those are hard to correct when they are likely on an engine level.

TheStam

I had hoped RE Engine would do it's magic, but I guess open world games are a different beast. It really doesn't look like anything that should run that badly, it's one of those Japanese games which looks to have the bones of a PS3 game with a fresh coat of paint. It will probably be patched to a better level at least. Good that they have DLSS 3, but I had some faint hope that this would be playable on Steam Deck, but it's running at below 20 fps there it seems.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

john2gr

Remove Denuvo and magicallaly the famerate issues go away.

Curious how those numbers would look if Denuvo was removed.

Denuvo has nothing to do with it. The only thing that Denuvo can introduce (when badly implemented) are stutters which happen when the game tries to "ping" the Denuvo server. You won't magically get a 40% performance boost by removing it.

winjer

Gold Member
Another broken game at launch.
These companies are making it very hard for people to want to buy games when they release.
It has become mandatory to wait months for patches, for almost every game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Without RT Dragon's Dogma 2 looks like a PS3 game
And you really wrote that? really?
cmon man.
Are you going to fight outside or inside with a fireplace?
Besides, as I've said. RT looks better in some scenes but way too dark. Lacks bounce or two

It looks identical for most of the video. Same graphics and resolution too. At elast it's not OH GOD SO LOW like said above
G8utEHx.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom