• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes

Draugoth

Gold Member
header.jpg

Responding to a query about frame rate problems from IGN, Capcom said in a statement that performance issues on PC may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game.

"We are looking into ways to improve performance in the future."

via IGN

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
So much for all the *Laughs in masterace* posts. When a game runs like poop on consoles, it also runs like poop on PC.
Depends of the setup you got. Curious to see how it does on a 13900K+4090 but the game seems to be extremely taxing on CPU. Could be a 3D V-Cache CPU helps out a lot in this case. Can't find performance reviews with the 7800X3D yet.

MikeM

NopeDragon's Dogma 2 currently has high demands on hardware, with the Steam Deck struggling to run at playable rates and even high-end machines of an RTX4090 paired with an AMD 5800X3D CPU can drop into the 30s whilst in the denser populated towns.

pub-1710876360453.png

fps-4-1710876390236.png
7800x3d is now minimum spec. Capcom gonna pull a Todd Howard and demand everyone upgrade their PCs lol

Fix code?
No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Kacho

So much for all the *Laughs in masterace* posts. When a game runs like poop on consoles, it also runs like poop on PC.
To be fair, they're actively working on addressing performance on PC. Not consoles. It might be bad a launch but it will get fixed eventually. Consoles... not so much.

Although Capcom specifically addresses a fix for frame rate issues on PC, some with early copies here at IGN have experienced frame rate inconsistencies on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S as well.

T4keD0wN

Dragon's Dogma 2 currently has high demands on hardware, with the Steam Deck struggling to run at playable rates and even high-end machines of an RTX4090 paired with an AMD 5800X3D CPU can drop into the 30s whilst in the denser populated towns.

pub-1710876360453.png

fps-4-1710876390236.png
And thats at a relatively good cpu utilisation, lmao. At least there is nvngx_dlssg.dll in the files, so maybe a patch enables it for launch, it would be a big help, but damn the game could really use a delay.

I refuse to play a 3rd person action game below 85fps so its a wait for me unfortunately. Although maybe intel with frame gen does better.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
That was weird honestly. Was that lost in translation? Why didn’t they just say “We’re working on a fix”?

Stuart360

I'd like to see some of these benchmarks ran at 1080p or 1440p. Yes if you have a high end gpu you expect to be able to play at 4k, but thats not always possible with these rushed unoptimized games at launch.

Having said that, the gamne barely looks much better than the orig game maxed out on PC, so i'm guessing the game must be doing a lot of stuff that simply doesnt show well on screenshots lol.

Last edited:

nikos

Dragon's Dogma 2 currently has high demands on hardware, with the Steam Deck struggling to run at playable rates and even high-end machines of an RTX4090 paired with an AMD 5800X3D CPU can drop into the 30s whilst in the denser populated towns.

pub-1710876360453.png

fps-4-1710876390236.png

That's not a high end machine. That hardware is over three years old. Let's see it on a 7800X3D/14900K + 4090.

Screenshot says 3080, not 4090.

Last edited:
Looks like an issue with AMD CPUs. Here are a couple of benchmarks that show incredibly low CPU utilization. Even if its bugged, the FPS is very high.

rDsCl6b.jpg
lQasNJr.jpg
Yeah that's definitely not right. Interested to see performance on my rig this Friday. I don't care if it runs a bit wanky, just want to play the game. Looks awesome.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
That's not a high end machine. That hardware is over three years old. Let's see it on a 7800X3D/14900K + 4090.

Screenshot says 3080, not 4090.
Huh? It's a 12900K+RTX 4080. Definitely high-end.

Anchovie123

Called it.

No PC footage shown.
Steam system requirements make no sense.
Struggling to maintain 30fps on the lead system for development (PS5) witch is never a good sign.

SaiyanRaoh

Running on a 7800x3D and 4090. I'm sure blunt force power will get me through performance wise until fixes are applied to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom