• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma online | Import OT | Black Bars be gone!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I tried to find a synopsis on the story, but couldn't find one. :( Only where the game takes place and how it's not related to the original in story.

I guess since it just went live officially yesterday, it will take a while before people start doing write ups and such on that.

Most def this seems totally different from the original game. Esp the fact that the city you live in those there are serving / protecting an ancient white dragon who was the one that gave you your abilities.

Where as in the original game, it was the dragon who came and messed up everything stole your heart lol.

So its kinda a reversed role now it seems with origin of the main player character / setting of the dragon.

At the moment since am just looking at the general game design am not really paying too much attention to the story / plot. One thing for sure though is this is more interesting than the mess we had in the original Dragons Dogma game that just did not feel like it tied up things neatly. lol

Kalentan

I guess since it just went live officially yesterday, it will take a while before people start doing write ups and such on that.

Most def this seems totally different from the original game. Esp the fact that the city you live in those there are serving / protecting an ancient white dragon who was the one that gave you your abilities.

Where as in the original game, it was the dragon who came and messed up everything stole your heart lol.

So its kinda a reversed role now it seems with origin of the main player character / setting of the dragon.

At the moment since am just looking at the general game design am not really paying too much attention to the story / plot. One thing for sure though is this is more interesting than the mess we had in the original Dragons Dogma game that just did not feel like it tied up things neatly. lol

So wait... Is the story in an alternate universe? Or in the past or future? Or we just don't really know..? xD

Parakeetman

So wait... Is the story in an alternate universe?

Am not sure on that. Id have to watch the opening movie again.

Lustania the country this takes place in their society is built around the white dragon. 323 years ago a golden dragon appeared and fought with the white dragon. As a result of that fight while the golden dragon was defeated the white dragon was gravely wounded and fell to the earth. In return for protection the white dragon granted the ability of becoming "arisen" to the people of the Lestania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFZ7-QExoM

Parakeetman

So this game has very bad micro transactions. ?

Only if you have very bad self restraint.

It says that by playing freely there is no content locked away either with the game itself.

“無料の場合は特定のレベルまでしか遊べない”ようなことはありません。
“無料の場合は特定のコンテンツに参加できない”ようなことはありません。
“無料の場合は高性能な装備を入手できない”ようなことはありません。

https://members.dd-on.jp/support/purchase_policy

Fezan

Only if you have very bad self restraint.

Your HP bar will slowly be chipped away the more damage you & your allies take and the only way it seems to recover that is by heading back to town and paying to rest at the Inn. Inn prices vary depending on location. Ones outside of the main city are insanely expensive in comparison to the main towns 50G price. Also when you have "rented" pawns each time you enter such zones like Inns it will subtract a number from the amount of times they can adventure with you. So going in and out constantly is generally not a good idea or you just wind up wasting resources for that rental. If you do rent pawns plan on staying out for a long period of time. You can rent up to 3 (if you are not using your own pawn) or 2 + your own pawn. So max 4 in a party. Dont bother renting a Shield Sage as the AI is too stupid to use it correctly and not take damage, so you will be wasting a ton of potions to baby them

This sounds bad. Now i am just hoping for western release. Dragon Dogma is one of my favorite RPG. Just needed a better story and more world variety

Kalentan

This sounds bad. Now i am just hoping for western release. Dragon Dogma is one of my favorite RPG. Just needed a better story and more world variety

So wait is this basically a weekly cap sort of thing?

Edit: Random question... I noticed that some players have english names but are clearly japanese players... Why? I'm not angry or anything, it's just been something I've always seen but never wondered about.

vilmer_

5nTdpKa.jpg

This will be a while... Need to try some different proxies.

Health thing seems annoying, but if you plan on playing solo anyway then this isn't as Capcom as people feared.

Do solo players get buffed like they did with the "Autonomy" perk in DD?

Edit: Random question... I noticed that some players have english names but are clearly japanese players... Why? I'm not angry or anything, it's just been something I've always seen but never wondered about.

I imagine it's the same reason you see some American players with names like "Shinigami Karasumaru" and "Dai Shiratora," people think other cultures are cool.

Kalentan

Health thing seems annoying, but if you plan on playing solo anyway then this isn't as Capcom as people feared.

Do solo players get buffed like they did with the "Autonomy" perk in DD?

I imagine it's the same reason you see some American players with names like "Shinigami Karasumaru" and "Dai Shiratora," people think other cultures are cool.

Ah. xD It's just some of the names are funny... Monster Evan, Ghosr Phantom, Yousai North, Letlive akiwo, and London Girl. xD

my friend disconnects on his Windows 10 laptop every time he tries to use the VPNGate VPN (both TCP and UDP), does anyone have any suggestions for a proxy that will work, or other VPN software?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
An OT? Nice! Wasn't expecting this after relatively short alpha thread.

Anyway, I've spent the most of my time with the game with the PS3 alpha, made a character in the PS4 beta to get the special item, but I think I'll be playing on the PC after all.

Made my character yesterday, hopefully we'll meet in game. :)

Kalentan

An OT? Nice! Wasn't expecting this after relatively short alpha thread.

Anyway, I've spent the most of my time with the game with the PS3 alpha, made a character in the PS4 beta to get the special item, but I think I'll be playing on the PC after all.

Made my character yesterday, hopefully we'll meet in game. :)

If we all chat in party chat, they won't be able to ban us, right?

Edit: We need to get someone to translate all the skills/abilites. I'd rather not screw up my character... Which I assume is possible?

I found this site: http://dogmaonlineyyy.wiki.fc2.com/

Some of the google translate make no sense. D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If we all chat in party chat, they won't be able to ban us, right?

Edit: We need to get someone to translate all the skills/abilites. I'd rather not screw up my character... Which I assume is possible?
Why would they ban anyone? For using English? Only if you're obnoxious about it on the main chat and people complain, I guess.

Does anyone have some pre-made japanese responses that I can use repeatedly while playing this? Maybe something like "wolves hunt in packs" or "strength in numbers"

Kalentan

Well you can go into the quest log and press the 'show me on the map' button for any quest, even if it isn't tracked.

Which is what I did but found nothing. :(

Question... I got a new chest piece but it doesn't allow me to equip it. Is there an icon that tells me what each item is for what class?

Parakeetman

Which is what I did but found nothing. :(

Question... I got a new chest piece but it doesn't allow me to equip it. Is there an icon that tells me what each item is for what class?

It says that in Japanese on the item.

I can't seem to open the launcher anymore right now. A notification with (U-20971520) always pop up every time I open it.
Everything was normal yesterday. I'm on PC.

Qvoth

managed to install the game on my ps4, seems even for updating patches we gotta use a jp proxy as well <_<
with japan proxy my download speed goes horribly bad

Great OP!

Looking forward to playing this, downloading the client now on ps4, gonna take a long ass time to download the update in client it seems =/

docbon

Downloading this now.

I've seen some smaller gaf communites use discord for chat. Should we get the same thing going here?

Top Bottom