• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 is coming to the west - $49.99, 2014 release

cj_iwakura

Sheesh. Tax and shipping makes D3 Physical $60 and some change.

Does anyone think it's a preorder-now-or-get-it-never issue? Or that other retailers might get it?

Sheesh. Tax and shipping makes D3 Physical $60 and some change.

Does anyone think it's a preorder-now-or-get-it-never issue? Or that other retailers might get it?

Looks like preorder now or never, I'm starting to think that this game will be sold "privately" like this to avoid censorship and possible retailer chain complaints.

fvng

anyone who preordered, did they hit your card with the charge already? I thought they didn't bill you until it's shipped? my card was hit.

chrono01

For some reason I can't get past the checkout. ~_~

Is the store account the same as your membership account because I'm positive that I'm entering everything correctly but it won't let me past the checkout process. [I'm in Canada, if it matters].

I really want to pre-order this already!

For some reason I can't get past the checkout. ~_~

Is the store account the same as your membership account because I'm positive that I'm entering everything correctly but it won't let me past the checkout process. [I'm in Canada, if it matters].

I really want to pre-order this already!

Have you logged in with your member account in the store before? I had a similar issue in checkout until I logged in the main store page which prompted me to put in more information for my account. Following that I was able to order the game without any issue.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
drakengard-3-119huhg.jpg

fallingdove

Game looks awesome. I love the art.

For those that have played the previous two, is the series ARPG with heavy hack and slash? That's what it looks like from the gameplay trailers.

Shiba tells us that the decision to make Drakengard 3 was to provide an experience for console gamers in a market that is becoming more casual. "Drakengard 3 is made specifically for the Japanese market," he says. "There are JRPG fans worldwide though, so it's a game for any JRPG fan."

Shiba also indicated that Square Enix in Japan has largely been restricted to Final Fantasy RPGs on home console. "Instead of creating more JRPG games, we were making games just for casual gamers," he says. "We were only helping the market to shrink."

Zero is an Intoner, and uses the blood collected from her fallen foes to trigger an ability that slows down time for those around her. She often has a companion with her, and they are as twisted as the rest of the story.

The first companion players encounter is Dito, who often makes veiled (and not-so-veiled) sexual innuendos. There is also an extreme masochist, a sex addict, and a more traditional Final Fantasy type hero that just gets everything wrong.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...ade-specifically-for-the-japanese-market.aspx

chrono01

Have you logged in with your member account in the store before? I had a similar issue in checkout until I logged in the main store page which prompted me to put in more information for my account. Following that I was able to order the game without any issue.
Thanks, I'll try this in a bit! :)

I'm still a bit unclear. Is it that pre-orders are only available at the Square Enix Store for now and they will be available everywhere soon? Or is it that preordering there will be the only way to get a physical copy?

I'm still a bit unclear. Is it that pre-orders are only available at the Square Enix Store for now and they will be available everywhere soon? Or is it that preordering there will be the only way to get a physical copy?

It appears that the SE store is the only place that will be selling physical copies.

koutoru

The press release said that as of now pre-orders are exclusive to the Square Enix store, so it's very possible that there will be a full physical release later on.
It would actually be kind of odd for Square Enix to do a limited physical release exclusively from their store and for only NA. Usually it would benefit them to manufacture in bulk.

Ugh, thanks for clearing that up. While I would prefer not to deal with Digital River, I don't have nearly enough space left on my hard drive to go digital for this.

The press release said that as of now pre-orders are exclusive to the Square Enix store, so it's very possible that there will be a full physical release later on.
It would actually be kind of odd for Square Enix to do a limited physical release exclusively from their store and for only NA. Usually it would benefit them to manufacture in bulk.

Unless they don't want to end up with extra unsold copies. This could be a plan where they make enough to fill preorders and then hang on to some extras to sell for a few months after release.

It would be nice if they came out said if it really is an exclusive, but until they do that, I'm assuming it is one.

chrono01

The website does explicitly state "Pre-Order Drakengard 3 today exclusively at the SQUARE ENIX ONLINE STORE!" so I'm guessing it'll only be available there.

I'm hesitant to pre-order as well, I wish they would make the physical available via other means but if I'm forced to purchase it directly from S-E I will. I need that physical copy.

Does anyone who has ordered from the SE shop or dealt with Digital River had any experience with canceling an order? Do they give you much of a hassle? I'm thinking about going on and pre-ordering, but if Amazon or anywhere else sells it too I'll cancel and go with them.

If it plays anything like the first game (poor man's Dynasty Warriors, and that's saying something) then no thank you. I'd much rather they spent that money localizing DQ7. WTF is S-E thinking?

I should probably put a pre-order on this. If it truly is exclusive to this online story, the NA physical copy is going to be rare as hell, harder to find than Xenoblade, I would imagine and look at the value of that.

killatopak

Gold Member
Shiba added that if Drakengard 3 is successful, it could open doors for other JRPGs series in Square Enix's back catalogue. One in particular stood out in my mind: the underrated Valkyrie Profile series. Shiba, who worked on the games, said that even though the core market of JRPG players may be shrinking, it's not impossible to think we could see another Valkyrie Profile if the audience remains loyal to the genre — and vocal.

Whew. He mentioned Valkyrie Profile. Oh my gawd.

Yes,Yes,YES,YES,YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

killatopak

Gold Member
I want to buy it just to make my PS3-less friend jealous, showing him the glorius copy of Drakengard 3 while he wouldn't be able to play it. But seeing the shitstorms Digital River have been making, I guees it isn't worth the risk.
Actually his hype kinda gotten into me. I might end up buy it Digitally and played myself. Want to buy Nier for.a start but I'm not sure yet. Convince me Gaf.

Play Nier. Life wouldn't be complete otherwise. You will feel every emotion possible. Yes, man tears is inevitable.
At least with Ending D. I cried a lot.

Top Bottom