• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 is coming to the west - $49.99, 2014 release

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
killatopak, for future reference, you can hit the little plus symbol next to a person's post to add them to a multi-quote queue, so when you reply you can reply to everyone in one post instead of multi-posting.

drakengardbqswd.gif

vic2020

Neo Member
Digital River didn't charge me after all, so it is a hold. I checked Here and under payment information there is nothing saved so I'm wondering if i'll need to re-enter that again or if it's meant to be as such. Is it the same for anyone else?

Prelude.

Tohsaka

Is he talking about digital releases, right?
What's the biggest third party game available on PSN?

I know Assassin's Creed 3 is like 11GB or something, there could be bigger ones though. I don't see Drakengard 3 being that huge size-wise, the graphics aren't that impressive really.

Prelude.

I know Assassin's Creed 3 is like 11GB or something, there could be bigger ones though. I don't see Drakengard 3 being that huge size-wise, the graphics aren't that impressive really.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Unless it comes out with 4k cutscenes I'm gonna put it under the "SE's excuses for the lack of dual audio" label for the time being.

Go_Ly_Dow

I can't believe this is actually happening.

NieR is in my top 3 games of the gen across all platforms. And now we get to finish the gen with a spiritual successor.....

There is hope.

TnK

For someone that is not in the US, how can I hope to get a copy of this game?

Also, what exactly is censored in Drakengard 1 and 2? If so, is it worth playing the games? I know people mentioned LPs, but is it different for one to play by themselves?

cj_iwakura

Also, what exactly is censored in Drakengard 1 and 2? If so, is it worth playing the games? I know people mentioned LPs, but is it different for one to play by themselves?

They toned down the dark secrets in someone's past.

CHRIST, I get so unimaginably excited for the game every time I see the flower eye.

It's like an instant summary of how wonderfully eccentric the series is.

I can't believe both Dark Souls and Drakengard are both getting sequels the same year.

cj_iwakura

Would be cool if you elaborated more, with spoiler tags of course. Sometimes spoilers actually make me interested in some games.

Drakengard 1:
The blind priest was a pedophile. The female character eats children.

There's not really censorship. It's just implied instead of outright said. The US version hardly dances around it, but you get the impression there is something off about those two.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I'm reluctant shit all over Drakengard because of how much I like the game, but it's basically impossible to pretend it's a good game in good conscience. You basically need a very high tolerance for less-fun, grindy Dynasty Warriors style gameplay. Very high tolerance.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Let's Plays though. They're hilarious, and I'm pretty sure they include all the best parts of Drakengard; the concept art, the soundtrack, and the cutscenes.Plus a hilariously enhanced script of all the dialog in the game.

The censorship (which is covered in the LPs) basically boils down to downplaying the more controversial aspects of some relationships and some characters backstories in the dialog. Not by a lot though, it's actually pretty mild. You're not missing out on any decapitations or nudity or anything like that, you know, nothing important.

cj_iwakura

I'm reluctant shit all over Drakengard because of how much I like the game, but it's basically impossible to pretend it's a good game in good conscience. You basically need a very high tolerance for less-fun, grindy Dynasty Warriors style gameplay. Very high tolerance.

I tolerated it just fine, but I am excruciatingly patient with tedious things(like grinding to kill uber bosses in RPGs).

TnK

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Let's Plays though. They're hilarious, and I'm pretty sure they include all the best parts of Drakengard; the concept art, the soundtrack, and the cutscenes.Plus hilariously enhanced script of all the dialog in the game.

The censorship (which is covered in the LPs) basically boils down to downplaying the more controversial aspects of some relationships and some characters backstories in the dialog. Not by a lot though, it's actually pretty mild. You're not missing out on any decapitations or nudity or anything like that, you know, nothing important.
So, instead of saying them, they are simply shown? I am cool with that. I will try the games, and if they bored me, then LPs it is. On average, how long are these games?

EDIT: was also meant to include CJ's post but my phone acted weird and now I can't add it. Thanks for the reply.

cj_iwakura

So, instead of saying them, they are simply shown? I am cool with that. I will try the games, and if they bored me, then LPs it is. On average, how long are these games?

EDIT: was also meant to include CJ's post but my phone acted weird and now I can't add it. Thanks for the reply.

I got every ending in Drakengard 1 aside from the final one(which requires getting every weapon in the game(eff that) in around 25 hours.

You've seen the best kinds of crazy for the most part. The final ending is just bonkers.

Terra_Ex

∀ Narayan;85825315 said:
I just noticed a small detail in the debut trailer.

Notice the symbols floating around during the depictions of the Intoners establishing peace with their songs.

Look familiar? ;)
Looks like the black scrawl, interesting...

TnK

I got every ending in Drakengard 1 aside from the final one(which requires getting every weapon in the game(eff that) in around 25 hours.

You've seen the best kinds of crazy for the most part. The final ending is just bonkers.

That's cool to hear (aside form the final ending). So, are the games available digitally, or do I need to get the PS2 titles?

frostshade

Neo Member
I need to play Nier asap. Drakenguard 3 is definitely one of my anticipated games for next due to it's over the top story line and awesome ost. Time to see if I can grab a ps2 and the old Drakenguard games to play on.

Ryne

I want to pre-order, but if DR pre-charges you, forget that.

I love this series, even with it's gameplay 'quirks'

Gameboy415

∀ Narayan;85825315 said:
I just noticed a small detail in the debut trailer.

Notice the symbols floating around during the depictions of the Intoners establishing peace with their songs.

Look familiar? ;)

Wow, I somehow missed that trailer - I'm even more hyped than before! :D

Both games are available at the Square-Enix store for $20. Not digitally.
http://store.na.square-enix.com/

Drakengard 2 isn't, it was published by Ubisoft in the US.
A Google shopping search shows a few random online stores that have it for ~$20 though.

killatopak

Gold Member
killatopak, for future reference, you can hit the little plus symbol next to a person's post to add them to a multi-quote queue, so when you reply you can reply to everyone in one post instead of multi-posting.

Oops. Sorry. Sometimes I forget about multi quotes. I've never been in a forum with multi quotes before.

Duly noted.

Can you multi quote posts from different pages?

Anticipated Released Date: December 31, 2014

What? That's practically 2015 already.

Well I was trying to avoid using Digital River, but since it looks like this really will be exclusive to the SE store Namco is using them too for the Tales of Symphonia collector's edition, I guess I'll roll the dice.

Kagari, you mentioned something about an interview some pages ago. Will you upload it on some webpage or has the interview not taken place yet? thx in advance

Eusis

The physical copy will only be available through the SE store? I never got an answer.
Not showing up elsewhere and marked as Exclusive, so assume the worst. I kind of suspect we'd have better luck hoping for a change of partners or at least a free shipping offer at this point.

EDIT: Though there IS a free shipping on orders over $100. Maybe I'll consider taking advantage of that closer to release, there is that FFXIV OST thing.

A week old at this point but my lord this is a game changer. I always quoted multiple people by right click, tabbing multiple quote boxes and copy pasting the information in to the first one :/ Thanks!

Eusis

Vaguely recall the original being disappointing, but knowing me I'll let the hype get to me anyways.
Very few actually consider the original GOOD, it's mainly well liked for the insane experience. Similar will probably happen here, just have to hope the gameplay's adequate this time rather than bad.

Dio

Banned
Haha, I got a call from my card company about suspicious activity after doing a preorder for 2 copies. That shouldn't happen if it didn't immediately charge my card for a preorder, right? Fuckin' Digital River.

Top Bottom