• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Draw Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Man this game is amazing! Just lost an hour playing with facebook friends and randoms. Great implimentation of a great idea.

Jedeye Sniv, add me fools!

I just ordered "iphone stylus" that I'm gonna use on my droid and I hope it works!! my stubby fingers are not good for this! but I'm having fun

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
behold

tumblr_m0rk25uc9s1qfya3fo1_500.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man, whoever Sethard is is pretty good at these! I'm not as good. Doing better on the ipad though. Managed to make them lol with my drawing of "comic"! Having a lot of fun with this.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kind of strange to think that it took until now for a Pictionary-lite game to hit iOS and become popular.

elfinke

How many of you guys are playing on tablets? Some of these drawings are wonderful (stylus helps, obviously, but I imagine the extra screen real estate must help also?)

I wish I had of screen grabbed it, but my partner drew a wonderful picture of Usher, though it was of a theatre, and a man with a flashlight leading people to their seats.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
User : dgenx

Im waitin fer ye

Pilgor

I'm officially addicted.

I'm not even close to as good as the guy in the OP, but here are some of my favorites so far.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

I like this game but there are way too many words that get repeated :(

Buy the full version. Stop being cheap and shell out the 99 cents. It adds 2000 words. I've yet to repeat a drawing and I've got 35 games running right now with many at or above 15-20 turns.

mrkgoo

I've been playing this so much. Some of my people are at 99.

Thing is, the word pool is limited. It's more a guessing game from the words now.

I propose that guessing should also have difficulty.

1: 10 letters to select from (easy)
2: 12 letters to select from (medium)
3: no letters (just a keyboard) (hard)

Each level earns that number of coins for the guesser.

I've been playing this so much. Some of my people are at 99.

Thing is, the word pool is limited. It's more a guessing game from the words now.

I propose that guessing should also have difficulty.

1: 10 letters to select from (easy)
2: 12 letters to select from (medium)
3: no letters (just a keyboard) (hard)

Each level earns that number of coins for the guesser.

No letters? Hell naw son! I like the concept, though! Hopefully OMGPOP is working on refinements, and not Draw Something 2 for $1.99 :/

jokkir

Buy the full version. Stop being cheap and shell out the 99 cents. It adds 2000 words. I've yet to repeat a drawing and I've got 35 games running right now with many at or above 15-20 turns.

Ah, didn't realize the full version had more words. I'd probably dip then

yogloo

I'm using this game as an interesting experiment for myself. Heheh. I'm trying to draw as well as possible as a daily exercise using this game. I wonder if I can improve after awhile.

mrkgoo

They still get repeated. I'm not sure I've seen a new word in quite some time. Yes, I have the full version. Like I said, it's practically a word guessing game now. I just hope they add more.

No letters? Hell naw son! I like the concept, though! Hopefully OMGPOP is working on refinements, and not Draw Something 2 for $1.99 :/

NO letters for 3 coins! Gotta have the guesser earn it! otherwise you can just keep earning 2 for the standard 12 letters.

It's a genius idea, and you know it.

The best thing about this game is how the actual drawing part is transmitted, not just the final picture. So you can tell a story with your picture, and you can see the other person guess. It's asynchronous done right!

I'm using this game as an interesting experiment for myself. Heheh. I'm trying to draw as well as possible as a daily exercise using this game. I wonder if I can improve after awhile.

I think it's possible. I mean, yea, they are just sketches, but I certainly feel that sketching is also a skill that can be improved upon. Not everything we practice has to become a work of art or lead to a final draft. I've definitely improved. Oh, and when you start unlocking color packs you'll really see your sketches flourish.

They still get repeated. I'm not sure I've seen a new word in quite some time. Yes, I have the full version. Like I said, it's practically a word guessing game now. I just hope they add more.
I'm sure EVENTUALLY they get repeated, lol. But I wouldn't call it repetitive. I'd say it's a second chance to draw the same thing differently, from a different angle/perspective, or using a different style.

NO letters for 3 coins! Gotta have the guesser earn it! otherwise you can just keep earning 2 for the standard 12 letters.
Up it to 5 coins and we got ourselves a deal.

The best thing about this game is how the actual drawing part is transmitted, not just the final picture. So you can tell a story with your picture, and you can see the other person guess. It's asynchronous done right!

Agreed. I love that aspect of it.

Ferga

Jeez you guys try so hard to draw so well! Maybe I should start trying. Might squeeze out some more fun out of this game.

Do you start out with the same four colors in the paid version, or do you get the whole pallet? I've been playing this for about a week and a half and barely have enough coins to buy more colors. Kind of frustrating.

Do you start out with the same four colors in the paid version, or do you get the whole pallet? I've been playing this for about a week and a half and barely have enough coins to buy more colors. Kind of frustrating.

But the full version. You get 400 extra coins.

Also have as many games running as possible. That way you will rack up coins pretty easily.

I've bought about 4 color packs so far.

I accidentally bought the green one...:(

mrkgoo

Same, but you get 400 coins, so you can buy a palette.

Protip: get the free version and get 5 bombs, then get the paid so you have 10 bombs!*

*bombs are for losers.

But the full version. You get 400 extra coins.

Also have as many games running as possible. That way you will rack up coins pretty easily.

I've bought about 4 color packs so far.

I accidentally bought the green one...:(

Yup. I think I have everything but the "shades of..." series. I'll probably hold off on those for a while. I don't feel like they add much as opposed to the other packs.

I can't even draw a straight line how are you guys capable of all of this.

My thoughts exactly. I can barely draw a stick figure but I'm still having fun with the game, I've been playing it with a couple brothers and friends. It kinda makes me want to learn proper drawing techniques.

But anyway if anyone wants someone else to play with and doesn't mind horrible drawings my username on there is 'alexxeon'

This game is so amazing. Or I guess, well done.
I just went my friend a comic book, where I just drew a bunch of scenes and made the word pizza into a shitty story about a delivery boy who was late for work, lol. My first attempt at this new genre of drawesomeness.

Jake.

so addicted - i get pissed off that all the people i'm playing (about 15) only use it every few days. does the 'nudge' option actually do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom