• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn to Death #GOF**KYOURSELF (David Jaffe's response to giantbomb/polygon comments)

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Jaffe gave us Twisted Metal and God of War. What did Trollygon and Shittybomb give us? - So called gaming journalism. #gofuckyourselves #teamjaffe

yep. twisted metal 2 is one of my favorite games ever. his new game has that signature style all over it.

glad he spoke his mind without some PR rep there to buffer.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Definitely buying this game. Art style is unique and game play seems fun from the video. I'm all for creative maps and weapons.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Love jaffe but that why only 4 players question was fair. Why ?

Nottle

While sophomoric, I like that Jaffe sort of acts like a person and not some PR trained robot. He's willing to respond to people, he is willing to call out bullshit and he clearly has a passion for what he makes. He is like Kamiya without the brevity.

I haven't loved every game he has made, but i feel like he's made more good stuff than bad. Could be a cool and satisfying game, but bogged down from some problems like Twisted Metal 2012.

(On a side note, I was really bummed out when listening to the latest bombcast. Metal Gear has bad mechanics? Anarachy Reigns was shit? I love those guys but feel like I share very little when it comes to opinions on games.)

Rajang

yep. twisted metal 2 is one of my favorite games ever. his new game has that signature style all over it.

glad he spoke his mind without some PR rep there to buffer.

I agree.

Don't get the Jaffe hate at all. Creator of Twisted Metal and God of War. Two brilliant games. Some "journalists" think it's cool to gang up on him, makes no sense.

Amir0x

Banned
lol @ the "this would be pretty cool back at 1998" guy with a Roger from Doug avatar lol

Clearly a joke response, David Jaffe is coastin'

Omerta

The more I think about it, the more I like this video...

The game is supposedly from a teenage boy's notebook at school that i'm guessing he doodles while he's bored at school - the retort is from a character from the notebook and responds in kind... Like a teenage boy.

It's a clever little advert.

I'm very surprised that Giant Bomb trashed a sony game

Most Sony games look bad to them though so no biggie

tumblr_n6noe5s0A41qeuiqyo3_500.gif

Mohonky

I thought we were gonna have to wait for the reviews before Jaffe lost his shit. But nope. Guy is an idiot.

PaulloDEC

Why are people getting upset about this? They're clearly playing up the angry/edgy/adolescent vibe of the game for laughs.

This isn't the same as David Jaffe actually telling his critics to go fuck themselves. It's just a silly commercial.

Cranzor

Most Sony games look bad to them though so no biggie

I'm very surprised that Giant Bomb trashed a sony game

From the Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker review thread.

Ye, they are. Their quicklooks is embarrassing when it comes to Nintendo games too. Jeff is the worst. I like Vinny but he is not enough for me to start back watching them.

I gave up on anything GB does with Nintendo a while ago

No surprise that Giantbomb is lowballing here - their nintendo-coverage is absolutely ridiculous and has been that way for a long time. The other reviews looks about what should be expected I guess. Sucks that this wont arrive in Europe before next year though :(

Surprised by the price-complains, I would guess this takes way longer to complete than the general 60 dollar AAA-game (and it also doesnt ship broken).

From Brad's tumblr:

E38fRzd.png

Giant Bomb gets this kind of stuff regarding every company.

Game looks interesting.

But after he rushed out that broken ass Twisted Metal on PS3 I am not going to buy another online game from him. I can see why people are giving him shit.

I do hope this game gets a lot of polish before release. I think some of the criticism is legit but the game looks cool as hell and seems like it has a ton of potential.

Top Bottom