• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn To Death |OT| NeoJaffe is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
D2D_PSX_Logo_Tame_PenOnTop_1417774950.png

DEVELOPER: The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency / Sony San Diego
PUBLISHER: Sony Computer Entertainment
PLATFORMS: PS4
RELEASE DATES: Apr 4th, 2017
GAME TYPE: ONLINE MP 3rd Person Shooter
GAME SIZE: 2.5 GB
PRICE: FREE WITH PLUS IN APRIL: $19.99

Drawn To Death is be an arena shooter like you've never played before. Part of the reason for this is David Jaffee And part of the reason is that the game takes place inside the notebook of a very creative teenage kid; it's a violent and bizarre landscape filled with all of the weird, amazing, passionate, and exciting fantasies that are swimming around in the head of our teenage artist.

Six Characters For Launch:
drawntodeath.jpg

Drawn-To-Death.gif

God Of War Pack:

*Gonna edit OT a bit more later a bit bad on time now but the game is out. This game has little information online but we can add it in as it comes.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The thread title certainly matches the game in edginess.

Game is fun! Good throwback to arena combat with powerups and weapons littered everywhere. I'm digging the cyborg vampire character but I need to try the others.

Everyone do the training room tutorial thing, it's actually really funny

RPGam3r

I have no interest in the genre of this title, but I want to say that it is a neat f'n aesthetic. I would love this to be translated into some sort of RPG with off the wall rules coming in at times.

Lifeline

Not sure about the gameplay yet, but the presentation is ace.

I would put it up there with Persona 5's presentation.

-MD-

Twisted Metal was my favorite game of 2012 so I'm definitely gonna give this a shot.

Love Jaffe's games.

I have yet to play it (maybe in an hour or so after I get a few things done) one reason at the lack of info and well it really is hard to find info.

I know Jaffe was doing a live stream of sorts as well but I haven't got to when that was as of this moment yet but if anyone knows or saw it can link it up til I am able to get my VPN up and running later to check stuff out.

KrebStar

It would be neat if the game would stop putting me into TDM games with some asshole that quits the second we're down by one kill, leaving me in a 2v1 spamfest.

Other than that, I've been enjoying it so far.

Inviusx

Ive gone back and forth on this game for awhile but seeing the final polished art for the game has me excited. It looks fucking rad.

pixelation

Wanna try it out but the satanic imagery and excessive blood have me second guessing, can you change the blood color to green?

TheKevn

After a couple hours I'm still excited to play more!

Put that on the box Dave!
Game is really cool, interested in seeing how it evolves.

Pizza

playing this game is 100000% better than watching the trailers.

i've been cautiously optimistic about this since it was announced and man its so good.

I'm pissed I have homework honestly, I really like the couple hours I played with it.

elfinke

Pleasantly surprised to see this pop up on plus this month. Actually both the ps4 turns are a real treat.

But I'm keen to give this a bash.

Mesoian

David Jaffe's publicist looking at the hardline to his house while waiting for the review thread like

Locksmith-Service.jpg

"I'm fucking ready this time"

taco543

Gonna try it when I get home, I was hyped for it originally then heard some bad things about it, going to have to try it and see what I think.

Is he though? I don't see this game lasting more than a year and only attracting a small, niche audience. The artstyle is unappealing as fuck. I hope it's fun though.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
David Jaffe's publicist looking at the hardline to his house while waiting for the review thread like

Locksmith-Service.jpg

"I'm fucking ready this time"

Lol

I'm gonna give it a fair shake. Jaffe is a smart dude, I'm sure this'll be fun.

I've been enjoying it. The ranked deathmatch mode where you lose points on death is kinda dumb though. It just ends with two players killing each other, then a third player picking the last guy off.

I've tried most of the characters in training, but I've only played as Ninjaw during matches. Her grappling hook is super hard to land on enemies, but other than that she's cool. I've been using the RPG and the gun which deals a load of damage at close range, and I've been doing well.

The lootbox grind seems a bit steep though, at 150 kills for a box.

I have a mission to get a kill with my special: what is Ninjaw's special?

Azriell

Was looking forward to this. Plays pretty well, but 2v2 is so boring to me. Played a few matches, and it was ok, but I think I'm done. Maybe I'll check in in a few months.

As far as character art style (slasher, punk, horror 80s/90s) sketch art I think that aspect is more than fine. I am not sure on the overall white look but then again I haven't even played it.

I'm not sure what is to hate about the character style though

pixelation

You wanted the blood to be green, you weren't going to enjoy this anyways.

Also, let's not derail the thread from page 1.

I was contemplating on downloading it, i played through all GOW's so i was seriously giving it a thought. I had no clue he sympathized with Trump so that caught me off guard but i agree, i won't post about that anymore.

I was contemplating on downloading it, i played through all GOW's so i was seriously giving it a thought. I had no clue he sympathized with Trump so that caught me off guard but i agree, i won't post about that anymore.

I hate to be that guy, but if you scroll down that Twitter link he says he despises and doesn't support Trump.

Anyway, the game is free, so you might as well give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom