• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn With A Different Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

LQX said:
Most look good except for the ones animefied.
LoliShock

4j41sy.jpg

Irish

Holy Hell, that Shadow of the Colossus one is absolutely brilliant. I need somebody to do a remake using that style. I'm already imagining it in my head, so now I need to play it or I will have to kill somebody.

Also, I really don't mind the manga styled ones. Not all of them are great, but there are a few excellent ones.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
werewolf2000ad said:
This is the best image I could find of this one:

CCM_color_wide_2.jpg

It takes a second to hit you, doesn't it?

no idea, captain caveman?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
When I was a kid, Rainbow Brite was my first crush. Reminds me of this one time I was way hitting on this girl who was dressed up like Rainbow Brite and her friend was a prude and I was talking about bums and she was like, "That isn't PC, they don't even like to be called homeless, the correct term is 'address impaired'" and then I said "You know what is another term I call the homeless" and she said "What" and then I said "Stinky!!" and laughed for like 20 minutes. God, that was good.

squinters

astigmatic
This thread is super awesome with all these renditions. But it also makes me sad knowing I'll never be able to draw like that.

Those complaining about manga/anime renditions of many characters here; many of those restylings are really different from the original, which is the point.

Yes, you have great variation within Western art styles, but it's a more striking difference, so it's what people go for.

DangerStepp said:
By "drawn in a different style", I guess everyone assumed that meant "done in anime".
Not really. This thread seems to have mostly non-anime styled drawings here.

This thread is a large mix of blasphemous and amazing. I love it, and wish I could draw anywhere near as well as some of these people here.

USD

Ajemsuhgao said:
Who's the one third from the right...? I don't recognize her...
She's supposed to Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean. The first chick is the one from Enchanted.

From left to right:

Giselle (Enchanted)/Lilo (Lilo & Stitch)/Alice (Alice in Wonderland)/Mulan/Belle (Beauty and the Beast)/Wendy (Peter Pan)/Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean)/Jane (Tarzan)/Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)

USD said:
She's supposed to Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean. The first chick is the one from Enchanted.

From left to right:

Giselle (Enchanted)/Lilo (Lilo & Stitch)/Alice (Alice in Wonderland)/Mulan/Belle (Beauty and the Beast)/Wendy (Peter Pan)/Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean)/Jane (Tarzan)/Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)

Where did you find it? Curious who the original artist is. Tinyeye isn't helping at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it: http://eiko-chan.deviantart.com/art/Young-at-heart-134812383

The Frankman said:
So Pirates of the Caribbean is an animated/video game?

I assume that was the basis for "drawn differently".

One(two, if you count the Enchanted girl) "real" person out of all the rest, and it doesn't count? They're all Disney characters. Who cares?

And actually:

Liz0.jpg

She was in Kingdom Hearts II. Based off a real life actress, of course, but whatever.

Ajemsuhgao said:
One(two, if you count the Enchanted girl) "real" person out of all the rest, and it doesn't count? They're all Disney characters. Who cares?
Missed the Enchanted girl. I'm not saying they don't count but she wasn't "drawn" in the first place. She's real! :p

*SilentHill2intro.gif*

KH2? Great, more ammo to ban her with! :lol

The Frankman said:
Missed the Enchanted girl. I'm not saying they don't count but she wasn't "drawn" in the first place. She's real! :p

*SilentHill2intro.gif*

KH2? Great, more ammo to ban her with! :lol

Call me crazy, but Star Wars was a series of live action movies, correct? Nobody said anything about the Steampunk Star Wars figures. :D

Binabik15

2eeimn4.jpg

Warhammer-Chibi.jpg

2s79h0o.jpg

2qs3rrk.jpg

149mpdt.jpg

I had dozens of He-Man characters done in the different style (not the same as above), but I think they might be on the family pc, not on my laptop :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom