• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast Nightmare: THE BEATLES: ROCK BAND Releasing on 09.09.09

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

This bodes well for Rock Band compatibility

http://twitter.com/ncroal/status/1283603873
Harmonix/MTV games to release The Beatles: Rock Band on 9-9-09. Sadly, it is sure to be overshadowed by the same-day release of Dreamcast 2.
His Final Scoop?

Apple Corps Ltd., MTV and Harmonix Announce 'The Beatles: Rock Band,' Worldwide Release Set for 9/9/09
Thursday March 5, 10:00 am ET

NEW YORK, March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Apple Corps, Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA - News, VIA.B - News), today announced the 9/9/09 worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band (http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com). The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) home videogame console from Nintendo.

The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band's legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.
Available on 9/9/09:

The Beatles: Rock Band Software -- Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars -- Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP
Please note: Pricing outside of the US to be announced at a later date.

glaurung

Does this mean DREAMCAST 2 is bigger than Jesus?

I kid. I kid because it would be too mind-blowingly awesome.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Official PR:

Press Release Source: MTV Games

Apple Corps Ltd., MTV and Harmonix Announce 'The Beatles: Rock Band,' Worldwide Release Set for 9/9/09
Thursday March 5, 10:00 am ET

NEW YORK, March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Apple Corps, Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA - News, VIA.B - News), today announced the 9/9/09 worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band (http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com). The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) home videogame console from Nintendo.

The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band's legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.
Available on 9/9/09:

The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars -- Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/090305/ny79407.html?.v=1

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Didn't Sega make a ton of money on Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, as well as on pre-orders on the upcoming Winter version? At least enough that maybe the rumors are true? This can't just be a coincidence.

For us long-time Sega fans, it would be so fucking fitting if Sega announced DC2 the same day Sony announced it was ending the Playstation line, considering that Sony's business practices unjustly torpedoed any chances the DC ever had (and set gaming back years in the process vis-a-vis online play, four controller slots, innovative games and peripherals, etc.).

Jesus, I'm giddy just thinking about the possibility.

Baker

Banned
schuelma said:

WTF is going on here? Are they adding something to the guitar?

The guitars are what, $30-40 more expensive than the RB2 ones. The bundle is $70 more.

Carlisle

AstroLad said:
Didn't Sega make a ton of money on Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, as well as on pre-orders on the upcoming Winter version? At least enough that maybe the rumors are true? This can't just be a coincidence.

For us long-time Sega fans, it would be so fucking fitting if Sega announced DC2 the same day Sony announced it was ending the Playstation line, considering that Sony's business practices unjustly torpedoed any chances the DC ever had (and set gaming back years in the process vis-a-vis online play, four controller slots, innovative games and peripherals, etc.).

wat :lol

Baker said:
WTF is going on here? Are they adding something to the guitar?

The guitars are what, $30-40 more expensive than the RB2 ones. The bundle is $70 more.

I'm sure they're going to be ridiculously elaborate.

AstroLad said:
At least enough that maybe the rumors are true? This can't just be a coincidence.

That a Dreamcast 2 is coming? No. As much as I liked the Dreamcast and would love for a second one to come out, it isn't going to happen. The Mario/Sonic Olympics games are proof enough. They get a ton of money for it being on the Wii. These people wouldn't buy a D2.

I'm excited for this Beatles game though. Another awesome batch of songs for parties? Sign me up.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:

:lol :lol :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I can't wait for this. Just read a 900 page Beatles bio and their story is truly amazing. They were nutso in Germany :lol

Carlisle

_dementia said:
So no disc export to RB2?
Probably not if Apple has anything to do with it. If anything, you'd be exporting RB2 to Beatles RB. But I have a feeling Beatles will be its own separate entity anyway.

man I REALLY hope it'll be compatible (via export) with the Rock Band platform.

It'll be a great experience to play through the standalone game w/whatever special visuals they have planned, but there's also something to be said about having all the music in one place (RB2).

I think it'd be great if they made the export unlockable after you play through the Beatles game.

drmcclin said:
man I REALLY hope it'll be compatible (via export) with the Rock Band platform.

It'll be a great experience to play through the standalone game w/whatever special visuals they have planned, but there's also something to be said about having all the music in one place (RB2).

I think it'd be great if they made the export unlockable after you play through the Beatles game.

The fact that there's finally going to be a venue that's an ACTUAL STUDIO makes it the best Rock Band to date no matter what.

Jesus Christ, the Dreamcast is dead and Shenmue 3 isnt coming. I think some kind of intervention is needed for all of you in denial.

Blaming its competition when Sega itself killed the Dreamcast is ridiculous. It reminds me of my brother hanging signs proclaiming that Sony are nazis.

Grecco

rhino4evr said:
For $250, the bundle will probably come with two guitars...right?

Reeeeeeeally doubtful

and to be honest a 250 bundle is insane. These better be like really amazing instruments.

lupinko

Carlisle said:
Probably not if Apple has anything to do with it. If anything, you'd be exporting RB2 to Beatles RB. But I have a feeling Beatles will be its own separate entity anyway.

Wha?

You know Apple Corps is different from Apple Computer right?

MechDX said:
What were the other 8?:D

There were eight before but they were all called "9".

Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...
Number 9...

ascii42

AstroLad said:

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
we all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be alright

Shit, I'll get the bigwigs on the phone and cancel the DC2 launch. We can't compete with the fucking Beatles. They're bigger than the Lamb of Hosts.

border

Didn't they explicitly say that this was not going to be a Rock Band game, that it was its own unique musical journey? What happened?

$250? Good luck. I think Activision has already shit the bed for them on this one, and retailers are going to have to be pretty wary after getting stuck with all those Aerosmith GH games.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
gamerecks said:
Jesus Christ, the Dreamcast is dead and Shenmue 3 isnt coming. I think some kind of intervention is needed for all of you in denial.

Blaming its competition when Sega itself killed the Dreamcast is ridiculous. It reminds me of my brother hanging signs proclaiming that Sony are nazis.
Have you never read an AstroLad post before?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yes, please read the whole post and point out where anything I have said is factually wrong.

Waiting....

border said:
Didn't they explicitly say that this was not going to be a Rock Band game, that it was its own unique musical journey? What happened?

$250? Good luck. I think Activision has already shit the bed for them on this one, and retailers are going to have to be pretty wary after getting stuck with all those Aerosmith GH games.

I think at this point the software is the primary mover, hence the compatibility announcement in the PR. The bundles are for collectors, I'd imagine.

Top Bottom