• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast Nightmare: THE BEATLES: ROCK BAND Releasing on 09.09.09

Struct09

border said:
Didn't they explicitly say that this was not going to be a Rock Band game, that it was its own unique musical journey? What happened?

They did indeed explicitly say that: http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2008/10/harmonix_will_w.html

LoPiccolo, the Harmonix vice president, added that while the Beatles game will not be branded as a Rock Band game, it will be similar to Rock Band in some respects; it will also have new features specifically developed for the Beatles' music.

I'm guessing that they decided that branding it with the Rock Band name was good for business.

Carlisle

lupinko said:
Wha?

You know Apple Corps is different from Apple Computer right?
Right. I was referring to Apple Corps. I assumed it would be clear seeing as how this thread has nothing to do with Apple Computer. So I just said "Apple."

Ricker

I hope they go with their lesser known songs as well,like "Yer Blues","Dear Prudence" etc instead of the Octopus's Garden and "She Loves You"...wonder when the tracks will start to get leaked slowly :D

Excited as all hell for this. I already have a RB2 Strat and a Fender P-Bass controller, both of which still work perfectly. I will probably just get the game. If that new guitar is amazing I may pick that up though.

What's interesting to me is that while MTV/Harmonix have deals signed with Fender for guitar controllers, nobody in the band regularly used a Fender instrument (except occasionally George who at one point used a Stratocaster).

ampere

I can't believe I'm going to spend $250 on a damn video game.
Well, I'll actually be out of the country until late December, so maybe some deals will have popped up before then :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Well, not all of the Beatles' songs were guitar-centric... maybe the mega bundle has keyboard and sitar pheripherals, too.

$250? $60 on Wii?

I look forward to my $10, Archie!

I've been listening to some Beatles lately. This is going to be the first game I play through bass first. ...unless they gimp it again.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TheGreatDave said:
$250?

I look forward to my $10, Archie!

I've been listening to some Beatles lately. This is going to be the first game I play through bass first.
$250 for an optional premium bundle. I don't get where people are getting "bububu I have to pay $250 to be in a virtual Beatles band" from.

Archie said:
$250 for an optional premium bundle. I don't get where people are getting "bububu I have to pay $250 to be in a virtual Beatles band" from.

If this is selling to the huge audience you're convinced exists for a Beatles game, they're not going to have instruments already.

If you think it's just going to sell to a subset of Rock Band owners, well...

Grecco

TheGreatDave said:
If this is selling to the huge audience you're convinced exists for a Beatles game, they're not going to have instruments already.

If you think it's just going to sell to a subset of Rock Band owners, well...

Yup. Same thing im thinking. :lol

Otheradam

The pricing on these things are ridiculous. Remember when $100 got you a game and guitar?:lol

If these things don't reach a saturation point soon...

parasight

BigBlackGamer said:
Now let's await the setlist. 250$ for the bundle? must be a bass guitar included.

I would bet on it. The PR says:

In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

Four members, four instruments (technically 5), four peripherals.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Beatles: Rock Band Software -- Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
Looks like if Wii owners want a RB game released in the same quarter as the HD versions they have to pay the HD tax.

I'm totally buying that fucking bundle though. Even if it does have shitty Harmonix innerds it'll just look too cool to pass up. Hopefully.

-PXG-

$250!?!?!? Jesus Christ. That better come with two guitars. I don't own any of the Guitar Heroes or Rock Bands (had GH2), and don't plan on getting any in the future. But are they out of their fucking minds?!?!?

Jethro

So after the Beatles, they can produce Rock Band or Guitar Hero-Jethro Tull. And of course with a flute ;)

-PXG- said:
$250!?!?!? Jesus Christ. That better come with two guitars. I don't own any of the Guitar Heroes or Rock Bands (had GH2), and don't plan on getting any in the future. But are they out of their fucking minds?!?!?

MTV can't take a step forward (Wii) without taking a step back (price).

Does anybody know if the ripped RB multitracks have only been coming from the PS2 games (less secure)? I'm trying to think of any reason there wouldn't be a PS2 release.

Baker

Banned
parasight said:
I would bet on it. The PR says:

Four members, four instruments (technically 5), four peripherals.
I don't think so. Here's my thought process (which is completely based on me making shit up):

1. The only SKUs available are game, guitar, and bundle. This would lead me to believe HMX is not revamping the drums (cymbals or whatever).

2. Concerning the bundle, the game and two guitars would already cost over $250 according to their retail pricing. HMX isn't going to give you the drums and mic for free.

3. With that said, here is my worthless prediction...

They're adding something to the guitar. I want to guess they're adding buttons so it doubles as an optional keyboard. This is somewhat unfounded because the previous instruments will work, so there would have to be a huge emphasis on "optional." They'll also probably add some semi-worthless LE history book to the bundle.

El-Suave

I wonder at which press conference the game will be at E3 - Nintendo would be the logical choice because that's where they're selling the most copies, Microsoft because they've been having exclusive deals with them in the past or Sony because that's the only console that actually costs more than the complete game. They could always stay neutral at EA though I guess.

Baker

Banned
El-Suave said:
I wonder at which press conference the game will be at E3 - Nintendo would be the logical choice because that's where they're selling the most copies, Microsoft because they've been having exclusive deals with them in the past or Sony because that's the only console that actually costs more than the complete game. They could always stay neutral at EA though I guess.

Hopefully EA so Peter Moore can make an ass of himself again.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Does anybody know if the ripped RB multitracks have only been coming from the PS2 games (less secure)? I'm trying to think of any reason there wouldn't be a PS2 release.

You can get the tracks from the Rock Band DLC. I don't think 360 or Wii are all that secure, people will find a way to get them.

Cruzader

Banned
AstroLad said:
Yes, please read the whole post and point out where anything I have said is factually wrong.

Waiting....

Why do that? You prolly get hard just by trying to bring DC into these discussions.

dyls

One can only hope another major electronics retailer will go into liquidation shortly after this game's release. 60% off here I come!

LCfiner

yeah, looks like a disc-only purchase for me.

But it's a definite purchase. i can't wait to see bits of the track listing

TaKeRx

Well, the $250 bundle it is then. I can't wait for some beatles. First song i wanna play is michelle(if they have it)

El-Suave said:

HMX is in bed with MS. I would expect it at the MS Conference.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cruzader said:
Why do that? You prolly get hard just by trying to bring DC into these discussions.
Don't be an idiot. If there weren't people like me around, underappreciated systems like the DC would be completely forgotten at the feet of whatever is "cool" at a given moment. And that would be bad for all gamers but the pathetic corporate loyalists.

Jethro said:
So after the Beatles, they can produce Rock Band or Guitar Hero-Jethro Tull. And of course with a flute ;)

I'm eagerly awaiting a Harmonix plastic cowbell instrument for the next game.

The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) home videogame console from Nintendo.
Damn, that's like the most awesome thing I read in the past few weeks. Props to the Beatles, MTV/EA/HMX would have fucked that up again.

And the exporting stuff, I think we're on a good way. I don't believe HMX just decided to add RB in the title, they probably fought long enough so the Beatles say yes. And that means they are probably fighting for a disc export now, if they don't have a permission yet.

Larsen B

Skiptastic said:
This is why I love AstroLad. I look at his avatar and imagine that kid saying all the stuff and it just makes me <3.

I just don't know what to say.

I think I might be seething with rage right now.

chemicals

who cares about Rock Band, really... 09/09/1999 will live on as a great day for gaming in the hearts of all of us who bought and supported the Dreamcast. This will not tarnish the legend of Sega's great (though short lived) console.

Jumpman23

$250? You have got to be kidding me! This needs to have 2 guitars, drums and a mic or they are seriously screwed in the head at that price.

Top Bottom