• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon is leaving Giant Bomb

Relativ9

Oh man. Drew's been my favorite lately.

I hope they can find someone else to fill a similar type of roll, he was a good change of pace from the "never leave your house" personas of Jeff and Brad. We need a new "outdoors man" who can talk about stuff that isn't so nerd/geek culture constrained.

Jibbed

I am legitimately saddened by this.

I'm sure he's moving on to bigger and better things, but GB West is in dire need of some new talent.

Papacheeks

Banned
Wonder if he is going for his full pilot License to fly privet planes/jets, unless he got a better gig at a bigger station for broadcast or something.

Heartbreaking. Drew is one of my favorites and easily the most interesting guy on the show outside of gaming. I hope he gets that pilot's license :(

KyleCross

Jesus, that sucks. The Giant Bomb guys always seem like they're stuck with eachother for life, you kinda take it for granted.

Lettuce

giphy.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Question is, who in the industry has a big enough personality and could fit in with the remainder of the GB crew??

First it was Ryan (RIP), then Alexis, then Patrick, then Austin, now Drew!!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure I can find a proper DrewGif to show abject depression.

I appreciate his love for Flight Sims, which lead to probably a top 3 GB moment.

The thing that popped in my head first, that I'm most worried about being over: Drew and Alexis 24 hour Extra Life.

Wuiji

Number of times Drew left Giant Bomb before playing a Final Fantasy game: 0

Number of times Drew left Giant Bomb after playing a Final Fantasy game: 1

As Scott Steiner will tell you, the numbers don't lie. It's all Final Fantasy's fault.

9awAVGT.gif

Not sure I can find a proper DrewGif to show abject depression.

Vfx2xDD.gif

Trojan

Can we worry about the state of the site yet? :(

You can, but there's no reason you should. People leave companies, they'll find good replacements.

I think it's actually a positive that GB West will get some new blood. I love Drew and will miss that dude but excited to see who they bring on.

Ilive1up

fuckin' shit. i'm happy for him but i love him on the podcasts and obviously everything behind the scenes that we take granted for. :( :) :*(

giphy.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Question is, who in the industry has a big enough personality and could fit in with the remainder of the GB crew??

You forgot Dave,my favourite ex member.

mike6467

Drew was the most likeable guy on the west coast team since Vinny left. I'm saddened by this news.

Yeah, every time they have a staff change I get really nostalgic for Jeff/Brad/Vinnie/Ryan/Patrick/Drew/Alex/Dave That was a dream team. I know the site is constantly evolving and I'm not saying it's worse, I'm just nostalgic...

RPGam3r

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Need to clone Dan at this point.

Vire

The fuck? :( Drew is the nicest guy imaginable.

I really will miss him and wish him well wherever he goes next.

Yeah, every time they have a staff change I get really nostalgic for Jeff/Brad/Vinnie/Ryan/Patrick/Drew/Alex/Dave That was a dream team. I know the site is constantly evolving and I'm not saying it's worse, I'm just nostalgic...
Jeff/Brad/Ryan/Vinny will always be what I think of in my head as the core Giantbomb crew.

Top Bottom