• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon is leaving Giant Bomb

Damn, good luck with whatever comes next.

I'll always remember your finest moment,

Code:
[IMG]http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1454334/metal-gear-solid-3-end.png[/IMG]

Gorillaz

Anyone have a link for that fence/defense pun he used with Mary Kish and the group doing a UPF

I like his lack of any sort of set up in the joke and how no one reacted

- J - D -

Wow. Drew is one of the OG GB crew, isn't he? Or very close?

This is a big loss, I don't even know what to say.

Happy flights, Drewbert.

time to start a go fund me to move vinny back to the west coast

not happening i know

curious that now the beastcast is at capacity and giantbomb prime is down 2. Wonder if NoClip is working out for danny or if he would entertain the idea of coming to GB. Cant think of any other personality i would really want on that side, on the production side I honestly cant think of anybody.

kmg90

At least this softens the shock when I listen to the announcement while driving in my car... Might run a red light or drive off a bridge accidentally or something due to shock

Drew is leaving, I didn't see it coming ...and I'm not in shock!
this shit happened so often now that I've become somewhat resilient. That's awful...

NightOnyx

Wow, was not expecting this at all. Seeing Drew leave is incredibly sad, but I wish him nothing but the best and I hope whatever he does brings him even more happiness than Giantbomb seemed to bring him. It's been a pleasure watching Drew over the years, and I know he's going to succeed at whatever his next endeavor is, but he definitely will be missed.

Fjordson

Damn, this is sad. Been following Giant Bomb for a decade at this point, going to be really weird to not have Drew around anymore. I mean GB's had departures before, but it was never any of the long term core people.

Hopefully GB West can bring on some quality new people sometime in the future. Getting sort of thin over there.

spiritfox

Damn, Drew has always been the most interesting person in Giant Bomb. I hope he does well on his future endeavors, and I hope he can come back as a guest sometime just for an FFVI update.

Godspeed Agent Scanlonski.

Kindekuma

Banned
Fuckin' hell, Drew's leaving? What a shame, I really enjoy him on GB. Now that Dan is at GB East, and Drew is leaving, I wonder how things for GB West will go from here on out. Best of luck to his future endeavors!

loki 16

No! Why? I hope everything works out for him. I'all continue to support him in his future endeavors. Giant bomb won't be the some with out him.

Hasney

It's been more than six months since Austin left, and they're barely starting to look at resumes.

The job post only recently went up. Likelihood is that Dan's transfer held that back because the hiring practice of big companies is stupid sometimes. While Dan was in the West they couldn't post for his job as it was filled and the job in the east was pending, sk you can't advertise. I've run into stupid stuff like that constantly.

V-Faction

Oh c'mon! Patrick left, Austin left, Mary left, Danny left, Dan moved. All the people surrounding the crew left. And now Drew, one of the OG's, is going, too?

For a long while, it felt like going to Giant Bomb was arriving at THE dream. It changed and molded over the years to be sure, yet it felt like it had stabilized for just a brief moment (that being the Austin departure and Dan coast change). Drew was a key part in that. Maaaaaaaaan.

Good on him to reach for his life goals, but gosh darn it, I don't know what Giant Bomb West is going to do without him.

Ugh, sucks to hear this. Drew is fantastic and just an interesting person on top of that. Best of luck to him.

LOVE Giant Bomb, but add me to the list that's shocked how slow they've been with hiring. Dan announced he was leaving for Giant Bomb East in September, it's now February. Drew leaving might have been a shock, but Dan's position and a video guy out East have been known for a long, long time. In the mean time, GB West content will unfortunately dip even further.

I think Dan might have been right, SF might be the hellscape he's always said it was. I fully support Jeff's halfbaked plan of buying a block in Detroit and starting anew.

Top Bottom