• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

Iacobellis

ilhwhS1PBh61R.gif

Shaneus

Doing my bit.

driveclubzgraffix4zodl.gif

cut the gameplay from the mountain section:
Not gonna lie, that looks damn good. And personally, much prefer those muted, what I feel is more realistic colours than that of the FM5 trailer, regardless of how much is in-engine or not.

Definitely more of a PGR vibe, going from that .gif

Portugeezer

Gold Member
The video file is at 29.97fps, but the video is actually running at 24fps, which means some frames repeat (about 1 frame of every 5 frames repeats)

In the gif I made before it captured this as I captures every frame, I now edited and removed repeated frames, so the gif is now 24fps with no repeated frames. I don't know if the gamersyde video has the same issue, I used the Youtube version.

OLD/repeating frames representing 30fps video
driveclubzgraffix4zodl.gif

EDITED/smoothed out representing 24fps video
driveclubzgraffix272bt8.gif

Very noticeable. To those who don't know this doesn't mean the game is 24fps. 24fps is a standard among video files too.

The Jason

Not gonna lie, that looks damn good. And personally, much prefer those muted, what I feel is more realistic colours than that of the FM5 trailer, regardless of how much is in-engine or not.

Definitely more of a PGR vibe, going from that .gif
It looks more realistic but the brightness needs to come down a bit and it needs a bit more polish. But I was impressed

Shaneus

It looks more realistic but the brightness needs to come down a bit and it needs a bit more polish. But I was impressed
Yeah, there's tweaking that can be done but in general, I much prefer it to Forza's in-your-face oversaturisation. I say that not honestly saying whether they are exaggerated colours or not, but on a plasma where everything pops regardless, I don't need all the colours fighting each other.

Mascot

Well that should settle the framerate issue (it's gonna be 30fps you guys :(

Wasn't FM3 shown at E3 with 30fps cockpit view, later optimised to 60fps (memory hazy on this)?

What we see at E3 won't necessarily be the final frame rate. With Microsoft now officially cupping Thrustmaster's balls it looks likely Fanatec support is out of the window for the Xbone, so I need Driveclub to make some decisions for me. 60fps and legacy support for existing wheels will sway me towards PS4 at launch without any shadow of a doubt.

RaijinFY

I doubt what we're seeing in that close to what the game will look like the final build (i wonder how old the build was?). I'm a little disappointed in the lack of colour though. Kind of reverse complain i have with Forza 5 trailer (too colourful).

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The Cerny method of development necessitates a working build of at least one section of a game before they then proceed to finish it all. This means that ALL Sony titles have a demo available for showcasing, but it doesn't represent the final polished version. This is what we saw in KZS and this is what we are seeing here.

Chukill

Brutal graphics downgrade from first trailer. Promises over realism in phisics and concepting game totally falses. Im disappointed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Not only different time of day, totally different location. And apparently even older build, if we can believe some rumblings

Edited other stuff, i do not want to be accused of witch hunting. but it really is fishy

Truth be told this is the only game I am excited to see this E3, nothing else out there has spiked my interest as much as this.

Sonic lost world comes close, but I can already tell how that game will be.

~~Hasan~~

can someone please rehost them as i reached my bandwidth limit ?

this screen shot is from the first trailer

This second screen shot is from the second trailer

iam not sure if its a downgrade or not. maybe less reflection ?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Could it just be the paint job or whatever livery sort of things they end up doing, the second one is pretty blurry compared to the first, but there is definitely reflection going on, I'd even say the second has less of that overly gamey look to it. Wont be long till we get to see it properly though.

nib95

Banned

Just less stuff to be reflected, different paint and less light. In the first trailer the sun is overcast and seems to be bouncing somewhat straight off the bonnet.

[url]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/hasan_1981/ScreenShot2013-06-08at33436PM_zps80787566.png[/url]

[url]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/hasan_1981/ScreenShot2013-06-07at111837PM.png[/url]

They look different because of the different environments each are in, along with one being in motion (blur).

Top Bottom