• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub New Screens + HQ Re-Reveal Trailer

Game looks beautiful, but I'm pretty skeptical that these shots have been significantly touched up. The 4th to last image has the rear view mirror of the car reflecting itself, which is something that, to my knowledge, no game has ever done in real time.
A bunch of PC sims do this.

http://a.pomf.se/ezhcon.webm

W17AB9z.gif

Please play like PGR. Please, please, please. PLEASE.

Gaz_RB

The fawning in this thread helps me understand why downgrades hurt so much to some of you.

That video looks amazing though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
e1OXpGe.gif

It hurts to even think about this.

Anyway, having just watched the trailer. They seem to have not only matched Horizon's IQ, they seem to have bettered it and by quite the margin.

Good God.

Horizon used MSAA and FXAA, which blurred the image very severely (especially when upscaled to 1080p). I would prefer developers go without AA than use FXAA, but I think I'm not espousing a popular viewpoint here. I thought Forza 5 looked great; some thought it looked too jaggy.

Rendered at higher resolution and then resized down so that image looks very sharp.

How does that work ? I tried doing this myself with Irfanview and every time I did it, the downsized image didn't look super sharp as seen here.

Also, how can you tell if an image has been supersampled ?

Horizon used MSAA and FXAA, which blurred the image very severely (especially when upscaled to 1080p). I would prefer developers go without AA than use FXAA, but I think I'm not espousing a popular viewpoint here. I thought Forza 5 looked great; some thought it looked too jaggy.

Huh, I thought Horizon had a fantastic IQ. One of the best I'd seen last gen. I was playing at 720p though, so perhaps that why I didn't notice any blurring?

jett

D-Member
You know, technical stuff aside, this game honestly has great art direction. Use of colors and lighting really is fantastic.

Theman2k

great webm's! game looks good, as i said before.
I really hope that it will really be locked 30.

This thread needs winnershu.gif !

Not everyone is sensitive to FXAA. I think it's awful. I hate it.

Ah, that's probably why I didn't notice it. Must suck to be able to notice stuff like that. I still hate the guy who pointed out tearing to me.

Sonofabitch nearly ruined gaming for me.

Game is beautiful and has lot of details in everything. Its nice that the developers wanted to push more details to get the race to very real instead of doing 60FPS with ok details which willl look like other games which already we seen instead of close to real.

DieH@rd

Banned
How does that work ? I tried doing this myself with Irfanview and every time I did it, the downsized image didn't look super sharp as seen here.

Also, how can you tell if an image has been supersampled ?

Step1 - Dont use IrfanView for everything [believe me, its my main image viewing app on PC for ~10 years now] :)

Shaneus

I already posted a link to the high quality trailer in the existing trailer thread. It can be found here, at Vimeo.

Images aren't new either, some were in this thread from two days ago.

http://a.pomf.se/ezhcon.webm

W17AB9z.gif

Please play like PGR. Please, please, please. PLEASE.
Rushy says: "We want to push the boundaries on PS4 with the visual detail in DRIVECLUB, so we've now locked the game to a rock solid 30fps. Doing so means that we don't compromise on the staggering native 1080p visual quality or the seamlessly networked connectivity while you race.

We've got a lot of experience at Evolution Studios and members of the team who worked on Gran Turismo, WRC, Grid, F1, MotorStorm, Project Gotham and more have all contributed to the handling dynamics. We're confident that it gives everybody a fluid and authentic driving experience that is accessible for beginners, yet deep enough to satisfy even the most track-hardened racers. Like me. "
I believe Ged Talbot is still there, I think. So you're in good hands.

Oh, and this:
jis6vw0.png

:D

The visuals look incredible, I just hope the 30 FPS doesn't hurt it too much.

It'll come down to if the frame rate is solid and their motion blur implementation. As they have some Bizarre/PGR vets working on this, I'm not the least bit worried about 30fps hurting the game.

Those cats know how to put out an amazing racer at 30fps.

I already posted a link to the high quality trailer in the existing trailer thread. It can be found here, at Vimeo.

I believe Ged Talbot is still there, I think. So you're in good hands.

Oh, and this:
jis6vw0.png

:D

Words fail me.. I don't know how I'm going to manage for the next 5 fucking months.

Holy shit, it's still over five months away. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You know, technical stuff aside, this game honestly has great art direction. Use of colors and lighting really is fantastic.

This.

Its social racing features aside, DriveClub seems to have a distinct identity of its own when it comes to the visual presentation that looks great. It looks vivid without feeling fake, and escapes the sterility that occasionally fills driving game's artstyle.

jett

D-Member
What about the footage? I guess it's not supersampled since in the trailer it says that it's captured from PS4

It too is supersampled. Perfect IQ, not a jaggy in sight, not even on the electrical cables, just like in the screenshots.

Top Bottom