• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub New Screens + HQ Re-Reveal Trailer

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Horizon used MSAA and FXAA, which blurred the image very severely (especially when upscaled to 1080p). I would prefer developers go without AA than use FXAA, but I think I'm not espousing a popular viewpoint here. I thought Forza 5 looked great; some thought it looked too jaggy.

I agree with you. It's not even the blur as much as the fact that FXAA barely works. I could deal with a softer image if it meant better IQ but FXAA completely fails in motion and blurs the image, making it worthless.

I'm loving the aesthetics of this game. It's realist looking, but the colors and lighting have been tweaked just enough so you don't get that sort of bland look that I feel a lot of racing games (that strive for realism) have. Also it doesn't hurt that the environments look really nice too so far.

Needs more drifts and boosts.

;-)

Nah but seriously, even though this isn't my kind of racer, That looked amazing.

Between Killzone, The order, Drive club and Infamous..Sony's first party have been killing it on the visual side of things.

Gameplay needs a bit of work however.

Needs more drifts and boosts.

;-)

Nah but seriously, even though this isn't my kind of racer, That looked amazing.

Between Killzone, The order, Drive club and Infamous..Sony's first party have been killing it on the visual side of things.

Gameplay needs a bit of work however.

Not gameplay, but level design and mission structure

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So, I guess they were able to implement weather and day/night time racing?

By the way, it looks amazingggg. Will definitely upgrade my PS+ edition.

stryke

Looks like headlights should be able to cast shadows. Didn't see that happen in GT6.

TTrAqxb.jpg

L-gon

So glad they decided to leave this one in the oven a bit longer. They clearly were not sitting on their hands and it appears to be paying off in spades.

The_Monk

I'm in dire need of racing, I need this game right now.

DriveClub and Project Cars by the end of the year and GRID is also coming, but that one I might get it on PC since there's no PS4 version, however I sense a new DIRT is in the works for the PS4/XB1. Seems like a great year for racing fans and I hope I can finally end my hungry for driving soon.

So, I guess they were able to implement weather and day/night time racing?

By the way, it looks amazingggg. Will definitely upgrade my PS+ edition.

I'm so glad they are doing a PS+ edition, while the graphics look amazing I'm on the fence because of the FPS. If it feels fine to me in the PS+ edition I will buy it for sure.

Liamario

Banned
I'm looking at things like the volumetric clouds and I can't for the life of me justify 30fps. These sort of things could have been cut/faked and it would have had minimal effect on performance.
The game looks pretty, but not enough.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I'm looking at things like the volumetric clouds and I can't for the life of me justify 30fps. These sort of things could have been cut/faked and it would have had minimal effect on performance.

Couldn't disagree more.

Those visuals more than justify 30fps in an arcade racer. The game is one of the most beautiful games we have ever seen.

amar212

If PS4 had i7 level processor, then I would agree with you.

However, all that RAM can't offset for the processor power, so compromises have to be made.

Also - and I will never get tired to repeat this - as long as graphics renderer is separated from the physics engine, the 30fps should be fine for an simcade.

And also, track streaming and (possible) "jump in" gameplay could be additional culprits for the fps cap.

McLovin

Just downloaded the HQ version... its crazy how much detail you lose with youtube videos. Even at 1080p the youtube version looks pretty crappy when compared to the real thing.

Shin

Banned
Just downloaded the HQ version... its crazy how much detail you lose with youtube videos. Even at 1080p the youtube version looks pretty crappy when compared to the real thing.

And even those won't do justice until you fire up the real thing on your PS4.
The game looks bloody amazing, PS+ verion or full IDC I'm definitely getting it!

KKRT00

If PS4 had i7 level processor, then I would agree with you.

However, all that RAM can't offset for the processor power, so compromises have to be made.

Also - and I will never get tired to repeat this - as long as graphics renderer is separated from the physics engine, the 30fps should be fine for an simcade.

And also, track streaming and (possible) "jump in" gameplay could be additional culprits for the fps cap.

Clouds are not computed on CPU, but GPU.

Well, if anything, the pretty factor afforded by 30fps could have just been relegated to replays and course intros while leaving the gameplay to 60fps, like Forza 5 does. Then they could have all of the promotion-friendly whiz-bang graphics they wanted without having to diminish the actual in-game gameplay.

Well, if anything, the pretty factor afforded by 30fps could have just been relegated to replays and course intros while leaving the gameplay to 60fps, like Forza 5 does. Then they could have all of the promotion-friendly whiz-bang graphics they wanted without having to diminish the actual in-game gameplay.

And then people would rip the game apart, like with Forza 5.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Unless GT7 is a 30 FPS game "witch is somthing will never happen" i doubt even GT7 will look as good as this game
Depends how long its in the oven, if its coming late next year I could easily see it looking better than this even at 60fps.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Unless GT7 is a 30 FPS game "witch is somthing will never happen" i doubt even GT7 will look as good as this game

Considering PD never really focused on environments, I'm sure they can get the cars looking better than in DC.

Project cars visuals on PS4 < Drive Club visuals IMO. Yeah yeah 60fps blah blah bblah, this videos makes 60fps vs 30fps a moot point iimo.

Top Bottom