• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub PS+ Edition Has Been M.I.A. For 100 Days

Shaneus

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

http://www.primagames.com/games/drive-club/news/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-explained

There are two articles that said the game will be "the full game minus a few cars and tracks" the plus edition apparently is going to be missing something like 90% of the cars and tracks from the full game. I don't see how anyone could interpret 90% as "a few".
I like how you link the quote that supports your argument, but the "apparent" 90% figure is 100% out of your arse. At least, it is until you link that as well.

Gestault

I like how you link the quote that supports your argument, but the "apparent" 90% figure is 100% out of your arse. At least, it is until you link that as well.

Given the actual quote and the impressions in the linked write-ups, do you think that impression is off-base? I can agree that the specific number wasn't given, but beyond that, saying most of the content was expected in the PS+ Edition (based on the pitch itself) is without question.

RiverKwai

Was going to wait for PS+, but mostly so that I could try it out, get the discount, and then buy the upgrade if I liked it. But, Amazon had it for like $34, which is cheaper than the way I was gonna do it anyways. Not sorry at all. If I absolutely hated the game, could probably have traded it at Gamestop after a few weeks and called it a $12 rental.

Also, I understand that many of you are holding out on the principal of the thing, and I'm not trying to convince you to buy the game. Just sharing my experience.

seat

Whenever anything Driveclub related is posted, half the comments are of people complaining that the PS+ version isn't out yet.

Anybody interested in the game should just buy it already. It's well worth it.

Honestly, the last-minute cancellation of DriveClub for PS+ has ensured I'll never buy it. The only way I was going to even consider purchasing it was playing the PS+ version first, but after the frigid critical reception of the retail title and the fact that the free version was cancelled within days before release, I'm so sour on the whole thing that Sony has guaranteed I'll never buy it, rent it, or even touch it. It's just a huge failure all around. I wonder how many people feel the same way I do.

Does the full version even work yet?

I can't send a request to join a club without getting some communication error, so I'd say it's not ready yet. They still haven't re-released the IOS companion app.

Haven't tried multiplayer, but most other features work fine enough.

The racing is awesome, and leaderboards and challenges keep it interesting.

Shaneus

Yeah, I'll just wait until this game goes for free on PS+ because I doubt the PS+ version is ever coming.
x5Ai6Zr.jpg

Bold One

Was going to wait for PS+, but mostly so that I could try it out, get the discount, and then buy the upgrade if I liked it. But, Amazon had it for like $34, which is cheaper than the way I was gonna do it anyways. Not sorry at all. If I absolutely hated the game, could probably have traded it at Gamestop after a few weeks and called it a $12 rental.

Also, I understand that many of you are holding out on the principal of the thing, and I'm not trying to convince you to buy the game. Just sharing my experience.

precisely why some people are waiting to try it out before commiting their money to it, with all the subscription services sony of all people are pulling out their ass, this gen is looking set to be one of the most expensive yet

Would anyone be upset if they just released an entirely offline demo? I wouldn't. I just want to see how the game plays, fuck all the connectivity stuff. If I want that I'll buy the full game.

Think I'll just buy it eventually. My PS+ membership like many others I'm sure, just expired and there really isn't anything I own that makes me want to renew it anytime soon

RE_Player

At this point they might as well wait it out, get all the sales they can and release the whole game on Plus. Try to get money from DLC sales, write the brand off and have Evolution work on something else.

Jimrpg

stupid.

why don't they offer PS+ version as a single player tour event only and tack on the online component when servers improve.

I haven't played online yet but I've completed the tour and its still loads of fun. Its a demo to make people buy the full version so why not give everybody a taste of it before they move on to better things.

While it sucks that they aren't keeping to their promises, I still don't really get the outrage for it not appearing yet, so we don't get a free version of it? What exactly have we lost? We haven't paid for it or anything, we just don't get to play a demo version for free yet. It's annoying yes but not worth the outrage in my opinion.

vesvci

Banned
Is the PS+ version the demo of the game? People still waiting for this? .the game is fantastic. It should be an automatic purchase, it's been as low as $30.

While it sucks that they aren't keeping to their promises, I still don't really get the outrage for it not appearing yet, so we don't get a free version of it? What exactly have we lost? We haven't paid for it or anything, we just don't get to play a demo version for free yet. It's annoying yes but not worth the outrage in my opinion.

As a day1 owner I'd rather get the 50% PS+ subscription discount they promised us back in the days...

just buy the damn game if you are anticipating so much. I know it was promised but my god, people just love to complain and whine all the time in here. 'it was promised!!' .... get over it

panty

I couldn't care less. I bought the game and it's amazing.

It's funny that there are people who are bitching about it and waiting for the free PS+ eventhough I'm sure some of these people aren't even interested in the game. Just shitting on it, not referring to op.
Shrug. They've lost pretty much any chance of me buying the game new now. If I'd played the plus version and liked it, I'd have happily paid full price for this. Now they ain't getting a penny out of me.

Yep yep, surely.

xrnzaaas

I recommend not to wait. I was sceptical before the premiere, but it's one of my favorite arcade racers at the moment. And it's on sale right now and it has enough basic content (not counting the DLC's) to keep you entertained for a long time.

Shrug. They've lost pretty much any chance of me buying the game new now. If I'd played the plus version and liked it, I'd have happily paid full price for this. Now they ain't getting a penny out of me.

I've always found driving games hit and miss and I have plenty of other stuff to play at the moment. I'm not outraged or trying to take a stand, I just don't mind waiting to try it out before I buy. Doesn't help that people keep comparing it to PGR which I didn't really like.

FeiRR

Banned
Sure, one out of 8 attempts or so I also disconnected from EA's server when playing FIFA.

But that message is only displayed for a short moment and then I say okay and get another connection established.
Driveclub does that all in the background while having the text scrolled by on the screen.

You can switch those messages off in the options. Several people reported DC connection problems while the game is generally working now. It may be related to some ports you have closed (other than FIFA needs, for example).

Dahaka

This beautiful and highly intensive game has been down to the low 20s in € and Dollars, stop being so goddamn cheap.

I paid 20€ Day One due to that Amazon Code.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This beautiful and highly intensive game has been down to the low 20s in € and Dollars, stop being so goddamn cheap.

I paid 20€ Day One due to that Amazon Code.

Indeed.

Game is amazing. Well worth the cash. As someone who has ben nothing but disappointed with racers like Forza 5, and Need for Speed thus far this generation. This game is fantastic.

Tizoc

How many GBs does the retail ver. take on one's PS4? Contemplating whether to get retail or digital..

autoduelist

These companies surely likely to screw consumers over and over. It's only the gaming industry where false promises carry on without much of a debacle.

I don't see how the delay screwed me over in any way, shape, or form. Heck, screwing someone over also implies intent, and I guarantee Sony and Evolution did not intend, want, or plan for this delay to happen. Ultimately we'll get it, just late. Also holding someone to a 'promise' is one thing, but in this case they didn't knowingly lie, so it's not really a 'false promise'. It's not like they promised to take you to the beach and then left you behind, it's more like everybody got in the car and it turned out the car wouldn't start. Bad news for everyone, nobody's happy, but shit happens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting on it too. I want it. Yesterday. But acting as if this is some intentional lie/screw over is just silly.

and this is exactly what Sony is hoping they have no desire to release a free version when they think they can get you to buy the full version.

Oh come on. This isn't some nefarious plot to sell more copies of Driveclub. They'd probably have preferred to give the entire game away on ps+ day 1 if it would have meant the servers worked and this pr nightmare never happened.

Top Bottom