• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Droid DNA unveiled: Verizon's first 1080p phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

The guy that is still testing it that wrote the review said he keeps getting shit for his battery review. He says the bottom line is he can't make it from 8am to 8pm with the DNA and to him that is unacceptable. I happen to agree. Still tempted to check out the phone though.

I'm just looking at the numbers. Now if there's some problem with the phones LTE radio that tanks the battery life in comparison to other phones for some odd reason, then I'm perfectly ok with that. I really wish he had clarified in his review exactly what caused issues with the battery. Its just odd to keep seeing people point out similar life to the S3 from this phone, then one reviewer eviscerates it and says it doesn't last a full day.

Im curious as to where the rift is that allows the S3 to last the day, but this phone doesn't when all the other metrics show about equal.

tino

Banned
Dan from the Verge commented (On Verge Mobile podcast 026 around 11:30) that the battery is not very good. He had to put the phone on charger since 3pm.

Also the CPU doesn't feel as fast as the Nexus 4, probably due to the screen.

Emily Chu

Banned
DAT fucking screen makes every phone look like ass after a good 10 minutes with it

eFLjf.jpg

dbZ7m.jpg

4ywTP.jpg

WrpXn.jpg

Single handily made me not buy a Verizon galaxy note II next week or a nexus 4
And wait for a 6" 1080p note III

DAT Fucking screen DAT fucking res
So good.gif

freshair

DAT fucking screen makes every phone look like ass after a good 10 minutes with it

[insanely large pics]

Single handily made me not buy a Verizon galaxy note II next week or a nexus 4
And wait for a 6" 1080p note III

DAT Fucking screen DAT fucking res
So good.gif

aaaaand you broke my monitor :(

Mook1e

I was considering waiting for the GSM version of this instead of the Galaxy Note 2, but the fact the Note 2 gets almost twice the battery life and I'm already tired of my 1st gen Galaxy S' low battery life, not to mention I'll be plenty happy with the increase in res to 720P is moving my preference back to the Note 2. The fact I can get almost 8 times the storage space to boot is even more influential. I think I'm pulling the trigger on the Note 2 next week.

gimmmick

So I'm getting a free droid dna from my cousin who works at marketing for HTC. I'll post some impression later next week.

gimmmick

So after about a whole afternoon of using the droid dna, I really feel the this phone has a terrible rep of having shitty battery life. I have been able to get close to 4.5 hours of on screen time with automatic brightness set to default.

Will post more when I get about a week or 2 with the phone, but so far I'm impressed. The build quality and sense 4+ really kinda surpassed my expectations. It feels good hold in the hand, and doesn't feel like a 5' screen to tell you the truth.

So after about a whole afternoon of using the droid dna, I really feel the this phone has a terrible rep of having shitty battery life. I have been able to get close to 4.5 hours of on screen time with automatic brightness set to default.

Will post more when I get about a week or 2 with the phone, but so far I'm impressed. The build quality and sense 4+ really kinda surpassed my expectations. It feels good hold in the hand, and doesn't feel like a 5' screen to tell you the truth.

that's pretty good screen on time! i guess everyone expected bad battery life and just can't trust that it's actually decent despite many reviewers noting it and battery tests showing it.

My mom had this phone for awhile,it's absolutely beautiful save for the six being too big.

She got rid of it though since she'd have to give up unlimited data to keep it.

I own the superior Japanese version the J Butterfly with the micro SD card slot.
Had it since its first day of release, and this is the best phone I have ever owned.

Fast
Beautiful
Feature-full
Perfect size
Sexy

Erv

I own the superior Japanese version the J Butterfly with the micro SD card slot.
Had it since its first day of release, and this is the best phone I have ever owned.

Fast
Beautiful
Feature-full
Perfect size
Sexy
Is it an unlocked version? What color do you have

gimmmick

Any thoughts on the DNA at this point?

Still using it as a my daily driver. Sense hasn't bogged it down like many other htc phones I have used in the past. The screen is still amazing to look at (it's the best feature that out shine the flaws of the phone). I prefer the feel of a galaxy s3 in my hand (I think it's the sweet spot when it comes to screen sizes) but this one still everything I need it to do.

Other than the bs SIM card failure where I have to put the phone on airplane mode to establish my connection again, I don't have any plans on upgrading anytime soon. The battery life is still surprisingly good after about 4 months of usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom