• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Droidarena is free for all again!!! (and not just for a trial period)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
lake earth, the onyl point to playing now, is to test my script so that its as good as can be right frlom the start.

like if you would be willing, I'd really like to find a time we can both use my script, and have a radio, in the same arena. Because everything seems to be working decently well except I have no way of testing teamwork functions on my own.

LakeEarth

Awsome. Sorry, when I play it now every 5 seconds includes a sign that says "Max level 10", and I keep forgetting Season 13 hasn't started yet.

Well I'm in the middle of BETS right now so I can't join you just yet. But I am using your script and I'll tell you how well you do. But I'm currently a loner, so we have to join up before we start working together. With the beta can you make a corp?

slayn

does anyone else remember a little corp radio thingy in the upper right hand corner?

there is the message board, and an irc chat thingy, but I could swore I remember a radio thing for people of the corp to put quick 1 line messages or something. I'm not seeing it.

LakeEarth

I think I remember what you're talking about. I don't see it either.

I'll join GA the second I can, but I can't until my bot leaves the arena.

slayn

ah, nm I found the radio. Its no longer in the upper right. Once you are in a corp, a radio tab is added you your menu. So now I have Menu/Radio/Digipad

howd my script do? ^_^

LakeEarth

Awsome! I was facing off with some guy, I just kept shooting at him but keeping out of range of him (all my stuff is like 12 range)... didn't kill him, but I'm only level 1. I'm only hitting him for like 5 at a time. Didn't win though. I hate games where everyone loses. No wonder so many win/loss records are like 23 wins, 1943 losses.

BTW, I'm joining GA now. I just sent a request.

slayn

for those that don't like reading the scripting language but want to know what I'm trying to do, this is a basic explanation of the logic of my script. I made this for my benefit to keep things straight in my head but figured I'd share =)

ment for lev 1-3 robots.

if sees an enemy, "locks on" to that enemy. Will chase and attack only that enemy for as long as that enemy is visible.

stops moving before humping robot. Stand next to enemy robot if enemy not moving.

if lose sight of locked on enemy, and no other enemies in sight, go to last known location of enemy (in hopes that the enemy merely turned a corner and sight

was lost for a brief instant). If still no enemies in sight, move randomly.

if see doll, broadcast a SOS! to all friendly units (requires radio) and immediately move towards doll while still attemping to fire at locked on enemy.

Once doll is retrieved, continue persuit of locked on enemy.

(requires a radio) if receive an SOS!, check if currently engaged with an enemy. If not, head toward broadcaster's position. If encounter an enemy along the way, will stop to engage that enemy.

one thing I'm still trying to implement is keeping track of the doll. So like if someone broadcasts an SOS! telling me they see the doll, store that location and then if there is ever a break in the battle due to killing your enemy or simply losing sight of them, go to that spot rather than moving randomly. But I realize I'm breaking some other part of my script every time I try to implement it =\

any other suggestions for improvement to the ai is very welcome, but remember the commands are limited this early on ie:

the ai doesn't know how much damage its taken
doesn't know how much damage its done nor how weakened an enemy is
doesn't know how far it is to the enemy
doesn't know when its being attacked, nor by who
doesn't know who the closest enemy is. In fact, the only enemy id you get is the enemy that is furthest from you that you can still see.

LakeEarth

I'm there, when you're ready tell me what match to join you in.

BTW, good logic behind the script. Any ideas I have involve commands that really aren't available in the earlier levels.

Times like this, I wonder what kind of script the Predators or other high level corps have.

LakeEarth

We will begin registrations for the new season at 12:00 DAT tomorrow 10/17/2004, as we know that many have been wondering what is happening and the season will begin on time on the 18th.

The ads that you have been getting during this week will continue for trial players in the new season. There is however one change to the trial accounts and that is they will be only 7 days in length. If you wish to continue to play after that time a premium account will be required.

In addition to this since we are still having some issues with the new engine the season will start with the old engine in use. We will be doing 1 set of arena's per day with the new engine as we continue to work on it. Those of you that had accounts in season 11 are encouraged to help us contine to test the engine in beta so we can bring this to full live usage sooner.

Fucking liars. The line in the first post "SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE" basically means 'The following is complete bullshit'.

AntoneM

ok, sure. they fucked us over, but on the bright side Silicon Penguins is no more!!!!! their total score is 0!

Area 51 forever!

***bump***

LakeEarth

max_cool said:
ok, sure. they fucked us over, but on the bright side Silicon Penguins is no more!!!!! their total score is 0!

Area 51 forever!

***bump***

Traitor! ... well technically... maybe not, considering I don't believe there's any GA corp this season.

Slayn and Iapetus were working on scripts and perfect combinations of weapons for maximum effectiveness, and then suddenly DA go "whoops nevermind"... technically it's a good thing though, it would've just lead to more wasted time.

Top Bottom